July 2017 Moms

UO Thursday 4.6.17

13»

Re: UO Thursday 4.6.17

• @abmommy15 I knew I liked you...I totally agree with almost everything you said.

I'm not a fan of Vera Bradley. It's a lot like Lularoe to me. There are nice patterns, I'm sure, but most of them are just not me.

As far as character clothing, I can't say I really give a crap. I wear what I want to wear, and they can wear what they want to wear. I'm just not paying full price for it. If character clothes make getting dressed or going to bed easier, I'm on board. For infants, I think the fun sayings (especially geeky and math ones) are hilarious, but again...not paying a ton for baby clothes.

I have tons of boy clothes that I will probably not reuse for a girl, because they are just not meant for a girl. It's not a color thing, it's just that I have a bunch of outfits that looks like something DH would wear, only tiny. I wouldn't wear that, so I'm not putting my daughter in it...until she has her own opinion. Onesies and basic stuff don't matter to me, though.
  • Vera Bradley used to make these great coin purses that were just the pattern, inside and out, with a zipper - no plastic for IDs, no keyring, and big enough that it fit all of your cards and some cash. I miss those!
  • Loading the player...
  • I get girlier with my clothing choices for every girl I have, so this third one is going to be dressed in one big ruffle lol. To each their own but I love pink and flowers and tulle. Even my neutral stuff has been shoved in a bottom drawer. Gear is different, all of mine is neutral and I wouldn't care if it was supposedly boyish.

I also don't like character clothing, and I tend to stick it in the PJ drawer. They can where whatever they'd like to bed which makes for some interesting outfits lol. 

My UO- Velcro on sneakers is a huge aversion for me- it's silly and makes my life harder but I just can't get past it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • theweevee said:
    My UO - I hate embroidered baby clothing.  I'm not against a good monogram when the kid can read, but all embroidering a onesie is going to do is prevent me from returning it.  I'm looking at you MIL.
    NO! This hurts my heart. Everything is monogrammed!! 

Fwiw, there are resell groups on fb where you can sell monogrammed items. 
  • Can't remember if I commented up thread or not but my baby girl is going to wear 80% of her baby brothers stuff the first few years. I also don't like or buy shirts with words on them. We only have about 5, and they were gifts. I like plain patterns and colors, or simple pictures. My son has shirts of all colors. No characters of any kind. 

I was really annoyed when he grew out of his pj's last year and a quick Walmart run proved pointless. They have 9-12 month clothes covered in Disney characters and TV shows?!?! Umm, I'm sorry, my 6 month old doesn't know who Captain America is. Where is the onesize with the bear or dog on it? Ugh. It was weird to me. They really start pushing the Disney at such a young age.
  • Late to the party. Shoot me.

I hate baby showers and am not good friends with a single person who has ever had a shower of any kind. I know it's a Thing, and I don't judge. I've just found my tribe. (Though for each friend who's had a baby, there's been a surprise "we all bought you gifts" portion of an otherwise regularly scheduled get-together. Co-ed. With alcohol and definitely craft beer.)

*TW?** SIL gave DS a onesie that said "Lock up your daughters" and he will never wear it, nor will I be selling or regifting it. I absolutely believe gendering your kids and teaching rape culture can start this young, because it's about the adults, not the kids. **end TW**

I hate Disney fetishes. I find it weird when adults are really into cartoons and characters. 

I wear onesies. I have a black business onesie that I wear to important work events. I get tons of compliments on being able to pull it off. If people are secretly mocking me, that's their issue, not mine. 
    Yes. I would maybe even give it back and just say thanks but no thanks. 

I have never ever had a Disney fetish and have had issues with the movies growing up (batb is still kind of creepy to me) but I love Moana so much I'm actually questioning whether I fall into this category now.