September 2017 Moms
Options

Strollers

Re: Strollers

• Options
    Has anyone had any experience with the baby trend range jogger? It's only 99 bucks 
  • Options
    Anyone thinking about or have experience with  uppababy vista?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We put the Chicco Bravo Stroller on our Registry. My mom is a nanny for twin girls and they are gifting us their like-new Chicco Key-Fit carseats that fit this stroller :smile: Super awesome of them because now we'll have one for my car, DH's car and my mom's car. 

I also added a Chicco Echo stroller for once baby is able to support her head on her own. My mom uses this type with the twins and it's SO easy and convenient to use. 
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    Anyone thinking about or have experience with  uppababy vista?Or the Uppababy Cruz? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    The quote didn't work right from my phone, but anyone use the Uppababy Cruz? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    After doing some research my husband and I went out on a limb and bought the 2016 uppababy Cruz off Amazon.  I was like 13-14 weeks along lol. I heard it's light, compact, good for city living, and I see uppababy everywhere in NYC. I like the design too. I couldn't justify paying the high vista price, and I like that the Cruz is smaller and lighter. 
  • Options
    Uppababy is not light, but the cruz is better than the vista in regards to weight. We own a vista and if I could do it all over again, I'd have gone with a cruz.

The graco click connect strollers are great with the two wheels in the front, if you have graco carseat. The single front style is prone to tipping. I couldn't have lived without ours in the beginning. We went with the super cheap click connect frame. Waited until it was on sale and used a coupon.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/7716974852130172974?lsf=seller:7435005,store:9414519794871593779&prds=oid:15316018578473948557&q=click+connect+frame&hl=en&ei=DYfvWNWcBOed0wKEx6noDg&lsft=gclid:CIf16sXOodMCFQx-fgodvaIHvQ
  • Options
    @bassoondiva I have a few friends with the vista that like it but complain that it's heavy.  We've decided on the UB Cruz for the smaller footprint and lighter weight than the vista.  We plan on getting the matching Mesa carseat for easy transition from car to stroller. 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • Options
    @juliebeannn the vista is crazy heavy. I had a csection and there is no way I could have folded it up into my car by myself. The cruz is much more reasonable, but still heavy. They do have great resale value, so if someone needs to upgrade to a vista, not hard to sell it to someone.
  • Options
    @juliebeannn @lilpoots Thank you for your input!!! You may have just swayed me.  I can certainly do the Cruz and just purchase the bassinet. I'm not having anymore children after this so I wouldn't use the expandability of the Vista. Since you all have experience and I don't know anyone that has owned one, is it worth getting the 2017 or am I fine getting an older model? 
  • Options
    Hmmm, this discussion is helpful. I was going to go for the Vista despite its weight-- I have a few friends who rave about it, and we wouldn't have to carry it up stairs or anything-- and I liked the fact that it's convertible to a double. Though, of course, this is my first child, so that's looking pretty far ahead.

Ladies with uppababy strollers, should I just go for the Cruz and plan to sell it/upgrade to a double if I end up needing one down the road (@lilpoots sounds like this is your recommendation)? Worth it to buy the bassinet with the Cruz or just use it with the Mesa carseat until LO is bigger? 
  • Options
    @lilpoots  Thanks for the info!  We have our registry appointment this weekend, so we'll definitely be taking all the strollers for a test drive.  
  • Options
    @bassoondiva @zetega  I don't plan on getting the bassinet; just getting the carseat.  I've found that most the people that get the most use out of the bassinet are city people that are walking out there door with the stroller/bassinet.  We live in the 'burbs so we'll be in and out the car a lot, so the carseat adaptability would be more practical. 
  • Options
    Does anyone have the Mesa Car seat? @juliebeannn I didn't think about that between the city and the burbs. I was going with the peg perego viaggio 4-35 for their safety rating.  I never thought about the Mesa. @lilpoots  @margareth
  • Options
    @bassoondiva UB makes an adapter for the Peg Perego Viaggio 4-35 
    https://www.amazon.com/UPPAbaby-Infant-Adapter-Perego-2015-later/dp/B006O1TMA8
    Also, I plan on getting the 2017 versions.  Both the 2017 versions of Vista and Cruz are a few pounds lighter and I think they fold a little smaller, also.  If i can shave a few pounds off the Cruz, I'll take it!
  • Options
    @zetega I wouldn't bother getting the bassinet unless you feel very strongly about baby being flat on their back or if you plan to stroll for long periods of time. The bassinet is usually easy to find on swap sites or craigslist for cheap if you really want it. We bought the 2016 model and it  wasn't noticeably different than the 2015 or older, but I haven't looked into the 2017. I'll get back to you. It's a very high quality stroller. My only issues are with the straps and how they tighten, so check those out, see if you like it.
  • Options
    @juliebeannn Thanks so much!!!! I didn't realize they made an adapter 
  • Options
    The only thing I see about the 2017 that matters to me is that the locking mechanism is upgraded and replaceable. I'm not sure I'd pay a ton for that, but I don't know what the 2016 is going for. Nothing else worth mentioning, but I'd check them out side by side, because it's a big purchase.
  • Options
    @Sugargirl1019 FWIW, Magic Beans is local here and they are FANTASTIC to work with. We had an issue with the canopy on our car seat and they replaced the seat for free. They are hands down the best customer service. You can call and see if they have any of the older models left and/or ask for 10%off. 

I swear, I don't work for them. Just a happy customer.

Following the discussion because I need a double also.
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 Awesome! I love watching all their stroller reviews. It's great to know they are really awesome in person. I'm gonna be stubborn and hold out for the new 17 lux coming out.. if they can magically give me a discount on that, that'd be great!! :p

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 Awesome! I love watching all their stroller reviews. It's great to know they are really awesome in person. I'm gonna be stubborn and hold out for the new 17 lux coming out.. if they can magically give me a discount on that, that'd be great!! :p
    I'd bet they'll give you 10%. YGPm in a minute 
  • Options
    @bassoondiva I got an UBV used (I was looking for City Select mainly, but found the Vista), which helped a lot with the price. The bassinet attachment wasn't used before, and the regular seat is in good condition. Having said that the UBV was my choice, I will disclose that I am a city liver in Europe, which means I do not have a car and will be walking and/or taking public transport everywhere. I WANTED a heavy, beefy, solid stroller...it will be my vehicle - baby transportation, grocery lugger, etc. If I lived in Canadian suburbs and had a car (like most of my friends) I would have chosen a smaller, lighter stroller.

@zetega similar response to you as above....I loved that the UBV came with the bassinet attachment and it's tested and approved for overnight sleeping too. BUT I will use the bassinet attachment literally every day for the first few months of LO's life since the stroller is our vehicle. If I had a car and was using that as my main transportation, I wouldn't use the bassinet attachment so much....it's pretty big to take up so much space in your car unless you collapse it every time, but even then, especially if the stroller is in there too, which it would be..otherwise why are you taking the bassinet? Having said that, even if you do have a car, if you plan on walking a LOT with the baby, it might still be something you'd be interested in.

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    jessieR358jessieR358 member
    edited April 2017
    Anyone thinking about or have experience with  uppababy vista?
    No, but I tried this out yesterday and this is the one I'm getting! I liked it way more than the city select. Even told my husband I have to get a new car seat for it lol. I'm waiting for a 20% off buy buy baby coupon to make it cheaper. 

Edited to add: on some websites it looks like the bassinet comes with the 2017 vista 
  • Options
    @jessieR358 my experience was that the uppababy products are one of the exclusions for the 20% coupons
  • Options
    lilpoots said:
    @jessieR358 my experience was that the uppababy products are one of the exclusions for the 20% coupons
    Oh man, that makes sense. Ok thanks for the heads up! Well I'll use it for furniture and the new car seat I need. 
  • Options
    Has anyone tried the Baby Jogger Premier? I drool just looking at it and it is budget friendly but so much more heavy than the Baby Jogger City Mini we had with DD. Can't tell if it's worth the extra $100 or not. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I don't I understand why bugaboo is so expensive... it took me a long time to find out they were so pricey bc I didn't think the design looked expensive, if you know what I mean (unlike Stokke for instance). There must be something amazing about bugaboo to warrant that kind of price... 
  • Options
    @margareth I had one with DD, the Bugaboo Bee and it was awful. I don't get the price for what it is and lacks. So many better strollers for way cheaper or at least around the same price.  The only thing good about them that I can see is you can customize the material. 
  • Options
    @Inanigloo how interesting! That's a shame... :-0
  • Options
    Anyone had any experience with the Britax B-Agile 3 travel system? I've been looking at quite a few of them but I think that's my favorite so far.
  • Options
    @hmclaren I don't have the B Agile but it has been my favorite stroller to look at until today I finally eliminated it due to the basket. I even stopped a lady I saw pushing her baby in it and asked her if she loved the stroller....she said she loved it and it was awesome and she hardly uses the basket anyway and didn't care about it.  I just remember when my older kids were babies that the basket was valuable real estate for storing bags, blankets, stuff from fairs,  etc. . . So I just can't get over the basket on that one. It's a deal-breaker for me. But people who have it seem to love it

Me: 31    DH: 36

Married since 11/25/2013

#1 (bio)  born 01/18/2006

#2 (bio)   born 09/08/2008

#3 (step) born 02/17/2009

#4 (our 1st together)  EDD 09/09/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @sugarpixxie2 Thank you!! I haven't heard that about it yet so it's definitely good to know. Seems like everytime I find one that I love there's one downfall to it  :'(
  • Options
    hmclaren said:
    Anyone had any experience with the Britax B-Agile 3 travel system? I've been looking at quite a few of them but I think that's my favorite so far.
    I used the britax b agile system for my DS (2015 model) and I really liked it. The stroller is great on its own. It has a lot of space underneath, reclines flat for naps and isn't too bad folding and unfolding with one hand. Now that he's older I don't like taking it as much and would prefer a smaller stroller but it's nice. 
  • Options
    @jessieR358 Awesome thank you! I think I've pretty much decided to go with it at this point.
  • Options
    A related question: when you buy a car seat, do you have to buy the stand for it (could be wrong word) or other accessories? I'm not clear on what comes with a car seat and what might be necessary as an extra to use it properly...? (not talking about adapter -- I understand that your car seat and stroller might not not compatible without an adapter, in which case you'd need to buy one.)  Thank you for clearing up my confusion! :) 
  • Options
    @margareth I think you are referring to the car seat base. In which case, one will come with the car seat. However, a lot of people buy a second for their other vehicle instead of transferring the base from car to the other. Car seat and base are all you should need to use it. 

I don't really think for an infant car seat that you need to buy accessories except for maybe a car seat cover. We do buy one because it gets frigid here in the late fall and it's good for keeping the elements off baby to and from the car.
  • Options
    @margareth, most infant car seats can be installed without a base, but it reduces the usefulness of them. Bases are awesome because you can silently and fairly effortlessly remove a sleeping baby from the car and then click into a compatible stroller. If you go with a convertible car seat, they don't have bases.
  • Options
    Gotcha, thanks, you two! Base it is. I'm planning on getting the uppababy mesa so I assume the base will come with it and I don't need to buy anything extra? Also, I'm a city dweller so I think one base will be enough. Thanks for the clarification! 
  • Options
    margareth said:
    Gotcha, thanks, you two! Base it is. I'm planning on getting the uppababy mesa so I assume the base will come with it and I don't need to buy anything extra? Also, I'm a city dweller so I think one base will be enough. Thanks for the clarification! 
    Yes, it should come with a base. You shouldn't need to buy anything else. Maybe a car seat adapter if your stroller doesn't come with it. 
    Car seats aren't under warranty if you add anything extra too it, like padding under the baby. 
  • Options
    lilpootslilpoots member
    edited April 2017
    margareth said:
    Yes, it should come with a base. You shouldn't need to buy anything else. Maybe a car seat adapter if your stroller doesn't come with it. 
    Car seats aren't under warranty if you add anything extra too it, like padding under the baby. 
    Luckily uppababy has their own line of accessories. I strongly suggest a liner for the stroller seat when you start using it. There is also the ganoosh for cold weather and the infant snugseat insert. I'll bet they have some more cool things that I don't know about.

Eta: woops, you were referring to the carseat. My bad.