October 2017 Moms
Options

Wednesday Ticker Change | 4.5.17

Since @mrs_fogue has abandoned us I guess I'll get this party started. GTKY stolen from @flowerintherain

1) How many weeks are you?

2) How big is baby?

3) How are you feeling?

4) Any appointments or tests this week?

5) Rants/Raves/Questions?

6) GTKY: Are there any family traditions that you want to pass on to your LO?
 --------
I heart theSkimm
I heart YNAB
---------
“Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
- Albus Dumbledore

Re: Wednesday Ticker Change | 4.5.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? The popular answer today is 12 and I'm there, too!

2) How big is baby?
    Plum

3) How are you feeling?
    Much better, although I puked yesterday morning rather violently. Currently stuffing my face with popcorn and Cadbury cookies 'n cream mini eggs (I lost weight the first trimester, it's deserved).

Nope!

SO HAPPY to finally be "out" at work. I was so tired of wearing tablecloths as shirts.

We've had a lot of crazy changes in our family over the last 3 years so we're finally starting to settle into our family traditions. We rotate holidays between our families and each family has specific traditions that we celebrate. But we're trying to find our own little traditions, too, so that's been a fun experiment. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? 14 weeks

2) How big is baby?
    Beetroot

3) How are you feeling? 
    Today - slightly better, could it magically be that on my first official day in the second trimester my nausea is subsiding? Probably not...so I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

I have my first midwife appointment on Friday!

I'm in the second trimester yyaayyyyyyy!!!!!!

We don't really have many long lasting family traditions :( but SO and I will definitely be creating some of our own! so......watch the space.

Me: 32 Him: 29 Live : London, UK
    TTC #1 since October 2015
    IVF Fresh Nov 16 = BFN
    IVF FET Jan 17 = BFP
    EDD: Oct 4th 2017
    TEAM: PINK!!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? 13

2) How big is baby? 
    Lemon

3) How are you feeling?  
    Today I feel okay which is better than I have been feeling.  lol  I think I'm finally getting over the nausea hump, yay!  I've eaten all the things today and I don't even feel bad.

None this week.

Still getting used to saying we're having a daughter.  lol  It's still sinking in this baby is a girl.  

We're going through some family changes after my grandparents are older and unable to host the big family events anymore so this Holiday season will be much different from the last 20-25 years.  We're going to start some new holiday traditions of our own this year.
    Momma to 3 amazing boys: 12, 8 & 1

Wife of 14 years to one amazing Hubby

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    11 weeks!

2) How big is baby?
    Lime

3) How are you feeling?
    Fatigue seems to be lessening a bit as long as I stay active when I get home from work. If I lay down...a 1-2 hour nap is inevitable. I don't know how all you STM+ do it! The other symptom that is quite present is burping, especially if I'm exercising. Gross!

I had my appointment with an OB nurse this week to discuss family history, genetic testing, etc. I thought we were going to get to at least hear the heartbeat but it was just a meeting. No reason to worry though so I'm sure baby is happy and cozy in there. 

Rant-Tall maternity work pants (that are not jeans) are basically non-existant. I'm down to one or two pairs of dress pants, and the belly band kind of gives me a stomach ache. Once I get to share my pregnancy with colleagues I won't feel bad wearing maternity jeans to work every day. If I started that now, people would start to get suspicious. We plan to go public with the pregnancy after spring break (which is next week- woot woot!), and then I'll be muuuuch more comfortable at work. 

Raves- 1) The weather has been awesome the last few days (minus some rain). I'm so excited that it is warm and sunny out. I went for a nice walk with a friend after work today and a hike with DH over the weekend. The sun felt amazing and it was nice to actually want to exercise again. The last few weeks my exercising has really been lacking due to fatigue so I am looking forward to getting moving again more regularly. 2) DH is awesome and has been exceptionally helpful around the house lately <3

My husband's family always ate dinner together, whereas my family rarely did. I hope that we have dinner together more regularly than I did as a kid. As Easter approaches I think of one of my mom's Easter traditions. Instead of giving us an Easter basket, she put little candies on all the ledges in the living room (mantle, window sills, chairs, etc). My siblings and I raced around the house filling our baskets! It was so much fun- I hope DH and I continue this with our own family. 

p.s. 
    Sorry for the lengthy response! My first response using my laptop instead of my phone...so much easier to write a lot :) 
  • Options
    @littlestb Oh! Family dinner is definitely something I want to do. My family was really good about it and DH's wasn't (mostly because his parents had to work weird hours). It's something I clearly took for granted since I didn't even consider it a tradition.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options

12 weeks.

2) How big is baby? 
    One app is saying plum the other apricot. I feel like those are totally different sized fruits but whatever

3) How are you feeling? 
    Been feeling good overall. Still a bit tired and I'm starting to get headaches. I'm still struggling to eat enough to gain weight. This has always been a problem for me (my appetite is small I don't have an eating disorder) so hopefully I'll get a pregnancy appetite soon.

Nadal. Did get my results back from my last appointment though. Blood and pap normal and I'm rh positive woohoo

My coworker is driving me crazy.

We used to always take a week long fishing trip in the summer and I would love to be able to do that with my kids. 
  • Options
    1) How many weeks are you? 11w

2) How big is baby? 
    A lime!

3) How are you feeling? 
    Tired, nauseous, and anxious. 

NT and genetic counseling tomorrow!

Just want to be able to eat normally!

We started a tradition with DD for Christmas. Every year on Christmas eve, we wear matching PJs. When we wake up in the morning we have a great breakfast and then open gifts. The pictures are adorable and I love us all matching! 
  • Options
    SparklelilySparklelily member
    edited April 2017
    1) How many weeks are you? 14

2) How big is baby? 
    a peach

3) How are you feeling? 
    I was feeling really good but yesterday i fainted at work.

I want to call and see if I can come in just for a doppler listen before the weekend after my little episode yesterday

My rant would be that when I fainted and fell I smashed my face up pretty good and had to spend my afternoon in the ER getting 14 stitches on my face and now I have to wait and see what kind of scar im left with. Plus the dr could not tell me why this happened other than "it's probably pregnancy related." so now I have to live life worried if im suddenly going to faint, even when im doing things like driving or carrying my toddler down stairs. (I also fainted once my last pregnancy) 

Oh man tons I think my husband gets annoyed with my obsession with holidays and traditions.

Edit: I had called my rant my rave, which clearly it is not.
  • Options
    @Sparklelily OMG! Not knowing what happened is the worst! I'm so sorry. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    Lurking from another day check in but wanted to say I'm so sorry @Sparklelily!! I hope you get in w dr. for Doppler check up soon!
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker