June 2017 Moms

Anemia

Has anyone been told they are anemic? Wondering how many mg of iron your doctor is telling you to take? I'll ask at my next appointment, just curious what anyone else has been told. Thanks! 

Re: Anemia

• I was just diagnosed on Friday. I take 65 mg of iron twice a day. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • They didn't use the word anemia, but I was told to start 65mg of iron once a day.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told I was slightly anemic and I take OTC Slow-Fr every day now with orange juice
  • I wasn't told anemia, but to start taking Feramax (150 mg) twice a day. 
  • I was told I was "very slightly anemic" (based on the test numbers, I was .1 off of normal range), but was tested 3 days after getting over a virus where I hadn't eaten for multiple days.  So I'm making a concerted effort to eat more meat and am going to ask to be checked again at my next appointment, now that I'm eating like a normal person.
  • I am anemic and I'm taking 45mg slow iron in the morning and another 27mg in the pm in my prenatal.  I have no idea if they are going to test me again to see if that is enough.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Thanks ladies!

• Same here-told I was slightly anemic and to take OTC slow-Fe, as well as eat foods with high iron. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was told I was slightly anemic by the NP who saw me instead of my OB last month.  After taking a supplement for a month and noticing a major change in my bowel movements (not for the better) I asked my OB how low I was and if I could adjust the dose.She responded that my numbers were slightly low but no lower than she'd expect if any pregnant mama and gave me permission to stop the supplement.  Soooooo much better!
  • Was just told today.  Told to take 10mg of liquid iron.  Anyone taking this?
  • 65mg a day.  Third pregnancy, first pregnancy with low iron.  I can't take with OJ bc of diabetes but it makes me sick so I take it before bed rather than in the morning.
    Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9