August 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY 4/3: Favorite TV Shows

2»

Re: GTKY 4/3: Favorite TV Shows

• Options
    +1 to Rory being a total twat!
  • Options
    Ugh, Rory. How is she in her 30s and so incompetent at everything? Especially since she was some golden child who was over prepared for everything? I wish Amy Sherman-Palladino had just scrapped her last four words thing and made a story that made sense for a 32-year-old.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    Was there anyone in the world who hadn't assumed/guessed the last four words were Rory telling her mom she was pregnant?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @SpotConlon I agree. I was so excited and then they just didn't let her grow up. I mean 6+ seasons of super studying and girl can't find a job or figure her s**t out? Fine if she was just out of school, but she wasn't. I expected way more from her/the show. 
    The final words? those would have worked when the show first aired, but now Rory is like 30, it just made her depressing. Don't build up her smarts and everything for years only to have everyone around her succeed and have her end where she did. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    I forgot a ton of shows in my first post! I also watch: Jane the Virgin, Outsiders, Empire, Sleepy Hollow, Bones, Big Little Lies, Ray Donovan, Designated Survivor, and a shit ton. 

I watched all 11 seasons of Criminal Minds, but can't find episode 1 of season 12 anywhere (On Demand, Netflix, Hulu). Anyone know where to find it streaming? I think S12 might suck without Shemar Moore anyway...

I also watched all seasons of Dexter & True Blood. Those were epic series! 
  • Options
    Two things., 
    One, I thought that yes, Rory's a twat, but that story made sense. Here she was being built up and supported her whole early life with such high expectations of success, being told how wonderful she is and blah blah blah. Is it any wonder she couldn't be self-sufficient or successful? How many people do we know, or know of, who that happened to? Plus, she wanted to be a journalist. Traditional journalism has gone the way of the dodo bird. Her interviewing at that Buzzfeed or Jezebel rip-off was hilarious. Sticking to freelance journalism rather than finding a 9-5 day job, and being supported by the trust fund left by Richard's mother, well, her life didn't surprise me at all. Plus, I know 30-somethings with surprise babies so her pregnancy didn't surprise me either. Sometimes birth control just doesn't work. 

Two- I just started 13 Reasons on Netflix and oh, my, god. Sucked right in. It's about a high school girl who committed suicide and left tapes for all the people who wronged her so they can hear why she ended her life. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Current: Billions, OITNB, House of Cards, Greys, The Mick, Mindy Project, Modern Family, Madam Secretary, Scandal, How To Get Away With Murder.

DH and I also just started watching The Americans. We're only one episode in but it seems alright! Anyone else already watch this?

I could watch The Office and Parks and Rec a million times over ... love love love.
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    @HappyToBeHere The Americans is great!!

Agreed on The Office and Parks and Rec
  • Options
    Underground.

Doesn't seem like anybody knows about it or watches is, but DH and I enjoy every second.
  • Options
    Forgot to mention the shows DH and I watch on Netflix: Mad Men, Portlandia, and Better Call Saul
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is Us. Parks and Rec. Gilmore Girls. But also Netflix has good stuff - 13 Reasons Why and The OA.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19