Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Fitness Check In - April 3rd

Hi all!  So exciting to see so many new BOTB people!  Here's where you can join those of us who have pre TTC fitness goals or just post to stay on track in your healthy (or attempted healthy) lifestyle!  ;)  This thread is posted every Monday by me or anyone else who wants to do it! 

Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)
Fitness game plan for this week:
Fitness goal for this month:
Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  Any rants or raves?  Frustrations?
GTKY: if you could have any occupation other than your current one, what would it be?

Re: Weekly Fitness Check In - April 3rd

• Options
    Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)
    Back on the weighing in thing this week.  I'm still stuck on my plateau, but at least I didn't gain anything.  
    SW: 215 CW: 199 TTC GW: 185 (pre preg weight) worst case, ideally 150

Counting calories and trying to take it easy.  I'm having a bit of a flare up with my autoimmune disease and am having a lot of fatigue and inflammation and usually a few days of rest fixes that.

I'd love to lose 8 pounds, but hell, after an entire month of no movement on the scale, I will take any weight loss!  My arms and legs are looking more toned from strength training, at least, and I'm getting stronger.

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  Any rants or raves?  Frustrations?
    I'm slightly frustrated to still have 14 or so pounds to lose from my last pregnancy, but I'm just accepting the fact that with my postpartum thyroiditis and my thyroid autoimmune disease in general, I just have to go at my body's pace.  However, I DO need to count calories (which I am notoriously terrible with) and it just reinforces the point that I want to be in as good of shape as possible for the next pregnancy and gain minimal weight, since it's probably going to be tough to take off again. 

GTKY: if you could have any occupation other than your current one, what would it be?
    I'd love to be a writer full time, which I'm planning/hoping to do once all the kids we have are school, but for something completely different, I'd love to work in some sort of investigative line of work, either for the FBI or the police.  Seems like such an interesting and mentally stimulating type of work!
  • Options
    SW: 176 CW: 170 TTC GW: 150

Just trying to work out at least twice this week. It will be a challenge - it is going to be such a busy week.

I'd really like to get back to losing. I had lost like 15lbs and now have gained like 10 back :( 

I'm just annoyed with myself gaining the weight back. I am trying to do better this week with cutting down on snacks and making better choices when I do snack.

I think I'd be something having to do with babies and mothers. Lactation consultant, doula or maybe and OBGYN
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SW: 155
    CW: 127
    GW: a more toned 125
    Fitness game plan for this week: I got in a run Saturday and one tonight. My goal is at least one more by Saturday, preferably two.  
    Fitness goal for this month: I had to drop a mile so my goal is to get back up to a steady 4+.
    Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  Any rants or raves?  Frustrations
    ? I'm a little frustrated I lost a mile but I took a month long running break so it isn't a surprise. My time was good today and I'm proud of myself for starting to regain a new run routine. 
    GTKY: if you could have any occupation other than your current one, what would it be? A storm chaser! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    SW: 135
    CW: 135
    GW: 128
    Fitness game plan for this week: I feel very blahhhh about working out right now. I'm going to keep the bar low and just try to workout once this week. Blah.
    Fitness goal for this month: Good question! It is a new month, I need to go into it with a better attitude than, "blah". Goals for the month: run once a week, strength training twice a week, lose 2 pounds, calorie count.
    Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?
     Any rants or raves?  Frustrations? Apparently I'm doing a great job maintaining my current weight even though I really have been eating healthier and exercising more. What the what? I've definitely slipped the last few weeks bc I've been frustrated with no progress. This week I want to really stick with it and see if I have any progress. Then again, I want to be lazy. I'm tired.
    I always wanted to be an editor for a tv show on Food Network or Travel Channel or something. Occasionally I fantasize about working in something more creative.
  • Options
    SW: 165
    CW: 163.4
    TTC GW: 140 or less
    So I gained from last week. But it was expected since we had a gal retire (meaning cake), then DH and I worked on the house all weekend so we cheated and got fast food/ordered out.

Fitness Gameplan: I think I want to start looking into a gym membership and waking up at 6am everyday. I work too late to do anything in the afternoons.

Fitness Goal: A membership isn't going to happen this week, but I could at least get used to waking up and doing stuff at home. So I may start that this week. 

GTKY: I honestly think I want to be a SAHM, so definitely something I can do from home, lol. I'm looking into Usborne Books, just need to figure out if I could manage the timing along side my full time job for now. If that gets big enough for me I'd quit my job.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Starting: 155 (I don't remember what I put last week so this might be different)
    Current: 149ish...my scale says anywhere from 151 to 148 depending on the day and time
    Fitness game plan for this week: Continue all of my good work from last week!  I already got lazy and didn't work out last night so I really need to keep myself motivated!
    Fitness goal for this month: Eat healthy and exercise, plus I'd like to lose at least 5 lbs - ideally 8
    Rant: Why does it take so long to see progress? Last week I did really well but I have seen any difference in the way my clothes fit or on the scale.  It is very frustrating to feel like you aren't making progress even when you really are!
    GTKY: if you could have any occupation other than your current one, what would it be? Stay at home mom for sure! I miss my little guy during the day and would love to stay home with him but I just don't think that's going to happen :neutral:
  • Options
    @notthefather  Oh my gosh, apply!  FBI would be SUCH a cool job.  Plus you'd get a badge and those cool windbreakers they wore on the X-Files, haha.  And now would be a *fascinating* time to work for the FBI.

And yeah, ugh, I have not had an easy time health wise lately.  I just need a week of rest I think and I'll be okay.  But it's frustrating.  Just have to remember that my body is on its own timeline and be patient.  
  • Options
    @notthefather technically not working out the last week or so has been changing up my routine!  ;) hahaha. I would like to try to add in more running but the weather won't cooperate. Also thinking about dropping my calories a smidge.  We'll see! Ps- I think storm chaser would be AWESOME too! Although as a home owner storms freak me out more. I'm sure adding a child to the equation will add some extra anxiety when we have crazy storms lol! Storms were so much more fun when you're young and carefree!
  • Options
    @notthefather I have tried home routines, but I just get too distracted or lazy. If I go to the gym I have no choice, lol.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    CecilB93 said:
    @notthefather I have tried home routines, but I just get too distracted or lazy. If I go to the gym I have no choice, lol.
    Fair enough! That's why I loved the boot camp class I was in before I was pregnant - accountability! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses: our home was hit by a tornado in November and it actually made me even more fascinated by storms! Thankfully (1) we were unharmed (2) we have incredible insurance! They virtually gutted and remodeled the entire inside of the house, replaced the roof, HVAC system, insulation, etc. and gave us all new furnishings. It also totaled my husband's car so he got a new truck out of it. It's not an experience I'd  wish upon anyone and I certainly hope never to go through it again, BUT, it all worked out just fine. We used left over insurance money to buy a storm shelter. Best investment ever. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @notthefather - geez, luckily no one was harmed when the tornado hit your house. And that's awesome you have great house insurance!
  • Options

I'm currently at 169. In high school I was always in the 150s. When DH and I came back from our honeymoon in July '15 I was 165 and that was my biggest. I don't know what's been going on lately but I gained 5 pounds last week alone! 

My TTC weight would probably be in the 150s. We're TTC in June so I wouldn't have much time to lose too much weight before then.

We just recently started crossfit and I want to go at least two more times this week. Also, pick healthier things to eat.

Our goal is going to crossfit 4 times a week, so if I could at least go 3 times that would be good for me. 

Crossfit has been sort of tough, but I went from NEVER exercising or running EVER and I just jumped right in to serious training... so I think that's to be expected.

For me, I've always worn my weight versus showing on the scale... if that makes sense. I could be 160 and look ok and then 3 months later the scale would still say 160 but my bad dietary habits showed on the waistline  and my pants stopped fitting. So, although the scale says I've gained 5 pounds in the last two years (which would most likely not be noticeable to a stranger) I look completely different than when I was 5 pounds less.

I currently work as a banker, but I'm in school for Elementary Education. If I could do something else it would be interpreting for the deaf.

Pregnancy Ticker