August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Random 4/3

2»

Re: Weekly Random 4/3

• Options
    NatSprat0703NatSprat0703 member
    edited April 2017
    @britvahok YESSSS starburst jelly beans omg!! I may have already eaten an entire bag lol
    @smallbutmighty77 I would be stressing out also, but when you really think about it, you can get by after baby comes with the bare necessities. I mean, some counties send home the box for babies to sleep in! 
    @caity024 I'm the same way... I already have anxiety about hav@smallbutmighty77 my shower in early/mid June to really start getting gear and stuff. I'm too much of a planner...

I'm having a friend shower June 3 and family shower June 10. Had to do two bc our families are huge. 
    As for family, both of our parents are local so at least they can go home and don't have to stay with us. I think I might want my mom to stay a few nights, at least until I'm fully recovered. Im honestly dreading my in-laws at my house, even for short visits. Neither of them know how to let you do your own thing and leave stuff alone. They always have to touch shit and interject their opinion. Not going to go well for a sleep deprived momma...

I had a topic to bring up myself, but it totally just flew out my head...
    Eta: I remember! I'm so pissed over daycares right now. We went to look at a few probably a month ago. The one we decided upon had openings, but we didn't put the deposit down yet to hold her spot bc we hadnt toured them all this hadn't decided. I procrastinated and finally went Friday to put the deposit down. Well, now there are no openings. I have no clue what to do now. I hated a couple of the others, one is ALWAYS booked, and the other is like $40 more a week, and I'm not even sure if they have openings!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703, I feel you on the in-laws.  We're having a boy (I have two SD) and that is ALL MIL has wanted for forever.....I know the help will be excellent, but I can already feel the smothering and constant 'tips' - she raised two boys, so she's an expert  :| Thank god I'll at least be able to have wine then.  Hahahaha

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bestnameever you better take photos and be all sorts of adorable!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    My random. The backstory here is that DH is in the airline industry so we travel spontaneously by standby quite a bit (and by "quite a bit" I mean usually one weekend a month, and DH even likes additional day trips). 
    So obviously, being pregnant, I can't fly in my last month and personally I'd just prefer not to fly in the second to last month either just because I think that would be uncomfortable. 

So that's the backstory. My sister and my mom, who are the world's biggest worrywarts, have a week vacation planned overseas in later April to see extended family. I told them I'd play it by ear. DH really wants to go. We'd fly overnight Friday, have Sunday and Monday to hang out, and fly back Monday. So I checked in with my mom and sister yesterday about what plans they have that weekend. They both freaked out and told me not to go. I'm like, doctors allow you to travel until your last month. My sister is friends with some woman who had no pregnancy complications yet went into labor on the plane around 6 months so obviously that's going to happen to me and I shouldn't fly in a plane anymore. WTF!

I know that's a huge FWP and I'm privileged to have travel privileges, but travel is our biggest hobby, and this trip is to see extended family. We may defy my worrywart family and go anyway, but I don't want them to be pissed off and worrying either. So now I'm pissed because I really want to go on this long weekend and really don't see the issue!! And DH is pissed because he really wants to go on this trip and as much as he loves my family, he doesn't understand their anxiety either. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I think traveling like that is your decision!  You know how your body is feeling and if you are comfortable flying then go for it!  My sister is graduating from college in May, and DH and I have to fly there (we live in Boston, and she goes to KState).  Well I have had many people tell me I should just stay home, and/or that its too dangerous to fly at 28 weeks.  I don't care what they all say, Im really excited to see my sister (havent since christmas) and this is a huge deal for her!  Her and I are first generation college graduates and I cant wait to celebrate that with her! Now if some complication comes up between now and then, and I feel that flying wont be safe, I will back down, but I feel completely fine, and the Dr said I was good to go.  I will listen to my body and doctor before I listen to anyone else! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 So...I'm hearing that you have a) family familiar with the medical system in that country who will be present during the trip, b) potentially even an OB they're connected to, and c) translation services if needed. I'd be pretty confident that you've assessed and mitigated the risks. 

But I have no advice on how to calm your family down if "the doc says it's fine" isn't working :/
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @DeansGirl14 and @littlebug2010 - 100% agree that's up to you but also, that's a perfectly normal time to fly if your doctor clears it. I don't get it. I am in the same boat as @littlebug2010 - flying for my sister's graduation (we live in California and are flying into Boston, so kind of the opposite). I will be 28+2 when we fly back after Memorial Day. I'm not planning to fly after that but I know I could for another month, I just am choosing to draw the line. DH and I both have a grandmother who isn't in great health, could be years, could be months and I don't want to get pressured to fly after I'm comfortable as much as I would hate to miss either of those services if it came to that.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    NxyNxy member
    @DeansGirl14 I'm waiting on a final decision to see if I'm flying from Germany to the US in June so I wouldn't worry about it. Go if you want, don't let them pressure you into staying home. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Took my 2 year old swimming this morning to wear her out so i could get a nap.
    Wore me out but she's still going strong. Come on kid! Mommy needs to sleeeeep. 
  • Options
    Does babies r us do a registry goody bag? 
    I know target did and I got it when I went. I just don't recall Bru. Maybe it was just coupons?
  • Options
    @MatteaGabrielle We got one when we went to the registry event, and I saw a few at the registry counter.  Not sure they all do though.  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • Options
    lyse01 said:
    Bestie had her baby this morning, so I woke up to an adorable photo of the new one via text!! And, because besties, I totally guessed one of the names AND the nickname she'd use on occasion. :) I'm doing a little happy dance in my work chair, still!
    Yay, so exciting! I'm on "baby watch" for a dear friend too. Any day now....! 

BabyFruit Ticker