June 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 4/3

Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekly Symptoms 4/3

• mkrelmkrel member
    Has anyone else noticed the hair on their legs has stopped growing??? I haven't shaved them in at least 3 weeks and there's nothing there, it's bizarre. I have never had super hairy legs but this is crazy. It's on my list of questions for my Friday appt. 
  • 31 weeks, 3 days here - I am having ankle pain all of the time. Both of them. It's like my ankles are injured and just stopped working - haha. They are so sensitive. No matter if I elevate my feet, stay off of my feet or am on my feet all the time, the pain is constant and the same. No swelling really. Anyone else? Also anxiety is through the roof today ... :( 
  • Loading the player...
  • kdanjoukdanjou member
    edited April 2017
    Yes!  This happened to me last pregnancy too.  It's a good thing because it's hard to reach down there now to shave.
    Edited to add that I also have ankle pain.  I think it's a type of tendonitis because it radiates up my calf.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • My right boob has started to leak so guess it's time to bust out the nipple pads. 
  • tjvantjvan member
    I usually wear heels everyday to work (and don't have any issue with it), but last week I was in a field office so I wore flats everyday. But, everyday I woke up and stepped out of bed, my feet ached like I had been dancing in heels for 16 hours the day before. I think my feet are finally starting to ache from the 20 extra pounds my body is holding! Wondering how I'll feel tomorrow morning after wearing heels today... 

On a not completely unrelated note, STMs whose feet grew during pregnancy - when did you notice the change? Was it in your last few weeks?
  • I wear heels to work most days too. I'm good for the day but if I end up wearing them around after it's not good. We went to the zoo yesterday (I wore canvas sneakers) and I could barely even stand on my feet later that night. 

Ive also started getting regularly nauseous again. So that's cool. 
  • Anyone else get a pain on their pubic bone if they don't sleep with a pillow between their legs?? It almost feels like it's bruised but goes away by the end of the day!
    also... my belly button is starting to look funny :s  
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I haven't shaved my legs in two weeks because the hair isn't growing much anymore! It's so weird but I love it. My feet have already grown out of my 7.5 shoes and now I'm wearing an 8.5 or 9 depending on the shoe. I've also been in flats for at least 10 weeks because of sciatic pain. 
  • I've been having restless legs every night at bedtime. I usually have to get up and walk around for a little while to get it to stop. I've also had Braxton Hicks almost everyday now for about a week. I've increased my water intake, but they only go away at bedtime when I can rest.
  • LMMama said:

Ive also started getting regularly nauseous again. So that's cool. 
    This is me too. WTF. Not cool.
  • Add me to the morning sickness club, vomiting and all. It's such bull. I also think I'm more exhausted now than I was in first trimester. I somehow managed to get 9 hours of sleep last night but have been struggling to keep my eyes open since about 10 this morning. 
  • bergberg member
    @MKRLTX I noticed this morning in the shower that the hair on my legs hasn't grown much in weeks.  I haven't shaved them in at least a week, if not two and it's like it's only been a couple of days.  Super weird.
  • The vision floaters are becoming a daily occurrence.  It's really annoying and distracting when I'm sitting in meetings with parents to have little spots floating around in my vision.  I'm definitely going to bring it up at my next appointment.  

The sciatica is becoming more frequent, as is the general lower back pain.  I am also finding now that I get full really quickly.  I have to force myself to eat a full meal because 4 bites in I feel like I just can't eat anything else.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The swelling is really getting annoying.  We were at an event Saturday (outside) and it was pretty warm and my wedding rings were so tight after I could barely get them off.  I have to keep elevating my feet when I get home from work each night because my ankles/feet are so large.  Ugh.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Question for those of you who had to take the 3hr gtt. What did you eat the day before? Did you get any specific instructions? My Dr just said to eat normal and fast for 12 hrs before. But I was talking to my friend and her Dr gave her a specific 3 day diet to do leading up to the test. So I'm just curious what other people did. 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • @awoodruff27 I didn't change my diet at all before the 3 hour. I failed my 1 hour two days before it and my doc didn't recommend any changes to my diet for the longer test other than fasting for 8-10 hours. I passed the 3 hour.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @awoodruff27 My OB also told me to eat normally but if I was counting carbs to eat a certain amount per meal or the day before or something. I passed the 3 hour with eating normally and the 12 hour fast. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • mkrelmkrel member
    +1 for feeling nauseated again.... and restless legs.
    Good luck on the 3 hour @awoodruff27
  • bergberg member
    @awoodruff27 I found out I failed my 1 hr on Tuesday, saw my MW on Wednesday, and my 3 hr test was Friday.  She told me to eat normally and just fast from around 10-10:30pm on.  I didn't count carbs or do anything differently.  I passed with no issue.  GL!
  • @BellaO21 Yes!! It's probably my biggest issue right now. It's not full blown SPD, but frick does it hurt. Good ole' hormones. 

Im officially done work, and it feels so nice. If only I could sleep, stupid insomnia. Also the twins are basically taking up all of the space now, so I can't bend, twist, nothing. Only 29 weeks and I'm basically feeling full term, the next 8-12 weeks should be super interesting.
  • awillis13 said:
    The vision floaters are becoming a daily occurrence.  It's really annoying and distracting when I'm sitting in meetings with parents to have little spots floating around in my vision.  I'm definitely going to bring it up at my next appointment.
    Please bring this up, this could be nothing or it could be serious. 
  • Thanks all! I'm just going to continue eating normal. My test is on Wednesday. Sounds like my friends dr is out of the norm instead of the other way around.

@awillis13 I would be making a phone call if I were you. Could be nothing but the fact that its getting worse would worry me enough to call!

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • My boobs are STILL growing/swelling, I am up one band size and THREE cup sizes (at 28+2). I got sized two weeks ago and am in an H cup (yes, for humungous) currently. I take my bra off each night (as soon as I get home) and my boobs just look mangled. Its happening in both wire, wireless, and sports bras at this point. I seriously GIVE. UP.

Between my boobs and my growing bump, I swear that's the reason my neck has been killing me. Certain positions (cooking, cutting vegetables, sitting at my desk at work in a normal chair, etc.) all just aggravate my neck (burning, pinching feeling). Reminding myself to have better posture and sitting on a yoga ball at work has helped - but it's still not great. 

I will be talking to my OB on both of the above at my appointment on Wednesday, hoping for some relief. 

P.S. had my 1 hour GD test this morning, that drink is gross - and I blame it for my never ending heartburn today. Here's hoping I passed. 
  • awillis13 said:
    The vision floaters are becoming a daily occurrence.  It's really annoying and distracting when I'm sitting in meetings with parents to have little spots floating around in my vision.  I'm definitely going to bring it up at my next appointment.
    Oh I know it could go either way.  I also track my blood pressure daily because that had been an issue with my last pregnancy, and that hasn't been a concern at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • awillis13 said:
    awillis13 said:
    Oh I know it could go either way.  I also track my blood pressure daily because that had been an issue with my last pregnancy, and that hasn't been a concern at all.
    Good to hear. I thought I recalled that you monitored your BP when you mentioned floaters previously.
  • The heartburn this week is terrible! I feel like my esophagus is burning all the time! My chest also hurts so bad it was radiating into my back. 
  • @halfthetree sorry you have to feel it too! But also glad I'm not the only one.. lol. My husband thinks I'm crazy when I tell him it hurts! 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • MithKMithK member
    Fatigue....all day, every day! I can barely keep my eyes open at work. I could literally close my eyes right now and face plant into my keyboard and still have a nap! All I do is sit at work counting down the hours til I get to go home to that bed of mine!....And then of course just as it hits 6pm and I've packed my bags and am ready to run out, my boss calls me in for a nice long discussion....So not cool!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • A) For those with RLS, I've found that lavender oil has really helped mine!!! I even went out and purchased a defuser because it's helping me sleep!!! And if you knew me IRL, you'd know that I'm crazy skeptical about this kind of stuff, but for me, it works!

B) My vivid dreams are making me paranoid. I dreamt the other night that a transient forced his way into my house. I can tell you exactly what he looked like from what he was wearing down to his eye color. FREAKED ME OUT! But now I keep thinking about it and double check all my doors before bed and keep DS1 extra close all the time!!!
  • edited April 2017
    Anybody else put lotion on, get dressed, and then sweat profusely? I almost don't want to put lotion on anymore. I feel so clamy and gross. Yuck. 
  • Today I felt tired chewing.  A new tired level: achieved. 
  • My heartburn has been insane. I'm taking zantac twice a day and that's not even cutting it anymore. 

And I'm so sore. All the freaking time. I have so much pressure in my vag and groin pain on top of that. After I woke up Saturday from working Friday night my legs were so stiff and sore my husband had to physically lift me out of bed, lol.

• Re: heartburn/acid reflux
    I haven't actually taken any medication for it beyond Tums, but even when those stopped working the thing that does the trick for me is dairy, especially milkshakes! Keeps the burning at bay for hours, and is probably responsible for my recent ramp-up in weight-gaining speed :grin:
  • kyreno11 said:
    The heartburn this week is terrible! I feel like my esophagus is burning all the time! My chest also hurts so bad it was radiating into my back. 
    This is my heartburn all.the.time.  I eat Italian ice and those squeeze ice pops to calm it down.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Anybody else put lotion on, get dressed, and then hair sweat profusely? I almost don't want to put lotion on anymore. I feel so clamy and gross. Yuck. 
    I have been using stretch oil instead and only using lotion in a few spots at night since I wear shorts and a tank top to bed it's not as bad.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Anybody else put lotion on, get dressed, and then hair sweat profusely? I almost don't want to put lotion on anymore. I feel so clamy and gross. Yuck. 
    I have been using stretch oil instead and only using lotion in a few spots at night since I wear shorts and a tank top to bed it's not as bad.
    I started using the in-shower lotion and I absolutely love it!!! Not only does it not have the sticky lotion-y feel after, theres the added bonus of staying in the shower while you put it on so you don't get cold! (Maybe that's just my bonus... I'm a night shower-er)
  • I don't know if this was a fluke or not, but I took an epsom salt bath yesterday and it made me feel SO much better. I'm really not a bath person but I was desperate for some relief .

My body felt awful all day yesterday. My leg muscles were aching. I had gas that was making me really uncomfortable. The vag/pelvic pain was constant and too real. I sat in the epsom salt bath for like a half hour and all of it was gone. I also slept well last night for the first time in months. Going to be making this a 2/3 times a week thing.
    I never use lotion for this reason. I hate this feeling.
  • neludelu said:
    Anybody else put lotion on, get dressed, and then hair sweat profusely? I almost don't want to put lotion on anymore. I feel so clamy and gross. Yuck. 
    I never use lotion for this reason. I hate this feeling.
    I generally have not been a huge lotioner, but my skin has been lizardlike this winter during the pregnancy.  Literally scales on my legs.  I've had to lotion up every morning to feel a bit more human.  
    Pregnancy Ticker