August 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 4/3

This is for people with due dates 8/7, 8/14, 8/21, and 8/28

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY:   What is one family tradition that you want to pass down to your little one(s)?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 4/3

• Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby?  A dragon egg! 

Upcoming appointments this week?  Next appt isn't until April 27th

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Eat all the food!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  When is it most likely that DH will be able to feel Baby move? I feel like I still barely feel anything other than occasionally but I don't know when is normal for the outsiders to feel it. 

GTKY:  What is one family tradition that you want to pass down to your little one(s)? Holidays with family are important to me so I just want to make sure we do as much stuff together for the holidays as we can! Especially Christmas. The whole season is magical to me and I hope my children can have that same appreciation for it!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? Coconut 

Upcoming appointments this week? One on Wednesday (regular checkup)

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? The pain when my bladder is any kind of full is getting really obvious and annoying. Never had that last time.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  None

GTKY:   What is one family tradition that you want to pass down to your little one(s)? I'd like to do our Christmas tradition of waking up at 2am to see the presents from my parents (Santa. Even though I never believed in Santa bc I was the youngest of 4 and they all knew he wasn't real). 
    @mokay19 it's different for everybody. Last pregnancy, I felt the baby around 17 weeks and DH felt her around 18 weeks. This pregnancy, we both felt the baby at 14 weeks (which I thought was too early to feel til my OB suggested that I probably was feeling her). Also I try not to breathe while DH has his hand on me and I push it into my stomach some to give her less room and encourage kick backs lol. Don't worry, it will happen just keep being on the lookout for anything you think he'd be able to feel. We are all shaped differently and your baby may like hanging out in hard to reach places
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mokay19 I felt internal movement at 15/16 weeks and only from the outside as of yesterday (19 weeks), but barely. Do you have an anterior placenta? I know sometimes with that it takes longer to feel from the outside. 

How far along are you? 19 weeks

How big is baby? Mango

Upcoming appointments this week? My last generic appt this Fri before I go for regularly scheduled visits every 4 wks. 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Nothing new. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  While I love that I can use the belly band with my pre-pregnancy work pants, my belly popped a little more this wknd and I'm finding that even with the zipper fully open and the belly band over it, the bottom part of the zipper is annoying and painful when I'm sitting. I can't wear my maternity jeans at work besides dress down friday and no maternity dress pants have had a long enough inseam, even in tall length. I'm dyyyying waiting for the weather to be consistently Spring-like so i can wear all the maternity dresses and skirts I got and finally be comfy!

GTKY:   What is one family tradition that you want to pass down to your little one(s)? Like everyone else said, just family time at the holidays. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 20 weeks.  Halfway!

How big is baby? Bananas.  Or staplers.

Upcoming appointments this week? None.  I had an unexpected appointment last week after they wanted me to come in when I called to tell them I was having pressure/pain in my vag.  So I got to hear the heartbeats which was nice.

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? See above.  Pressure.  My cervix looks good but I was told to take it easy just in case.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  We went to a kids consignment sale this weekend and got a bunch of cute clothes, plus a baby bjorn for $10!  I hope my doctor was right and we have one boy and one girl.  Otherwise I'll need to get rid of some girl clothes.

GTKY:   What is one family tradition that you want to pass down to your little one(s)? We always spent Christmas Day as just an immediate family at our house(my mom, dad, brother and me).  After we moved out my parents encouraged us to keep that tradition with our spouses, because from their perspective it made it so much easier.  Not trying to run all over and see in laws and grandparents, etc.  So that is something I'm looking forward to.  Quiet Christmases at home with our littles.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @SarahBethBR I had a lot of vaginal pain and pressure with my 1st and I was so sure she was about to fall out of me on several occasions. Ironically, she never dropped even after 18 hours of labor and I had to have a c section. I was so frustrated with all the pain and pressure but not dilating until I was in labor at 40w 5d. I've already felt some of that pain and pressure in this pregnancy so I'm dreading the 3rd trimester when I feel like a watermelon is going to bust out of me 
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    @mokay19 - agree w/ PP, it will be different for everyone. DH was able to feel the movement about 2 weeks ago when I was at 18 weeks but that was just good timing with a strong kick or something because since then (two weeks) he hasn't been able to feel it with our timing and/or the positioning when he does happen to have his hand on my stomach when baby is moving.

How far along are you? 20 weeks

How big is baby? Banana

Upcoming appointments this week? regular 20 week check in with the OB

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? some serious discomfort on the internal organs that doesn't feel at all like gas or bloating. Increased tiny red bumps on my stomach (posted about both of these in the FTM thread - sorry for the repeat).

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: went to a 4 hour "baby basics" class on Saturday which was awesome. We had dolls and got to practice swaddling (which I was glad to get hands on) and diapering (which DH had been nervous about) so on top of all of the info, we both feel much more prepared for those aspects now. DH also got to learn about a lot of ways he can be involved during the infant stage which I think made him really excited. We made a great day of it and went out to breakfast before and a late lunch after. Got some great book recommendations, too.

GTKY:   What is one family tradition that you want to pass down to your little one(s)? Yes on the holidays! I loved doing a new pair of PJs on Christmas Eve and opening up a fun game as the one other gift we got the night before so we could all play as a family.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    How far along are you? 20 wks!!!

How big is baby? Banana (my fave)

Upcoming appointments this week? Had A/S today...it's a girl. Regular doc appt this Sat!

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Full bladder pressure, increased indigestion, can't sit for too long. Suddenly craving fruit...could be a seasonal thing. 

Rave- In love with feeling her move...sometimes it startles me but nonetheless in love. 

GTKY:   What is one family tradition that you want to pass down to your little one(s)? I don't really have any family traditions so I'm looking forward to creating some.