March 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly bitch fest (4/3)

Re: Weekly bitch fest (4/3)

• Options
    My doctor scheduled me for an induction tomorrow morning at 7. DH wants me to move back the date to Thurs or Fri, which I actually initially suggested & wanted to do. But the last like 4 days I've just been in constant pain between all the cramps & my back & my ribs etc... and so moody & feeling discouraged. Even though I want Baby to come on his own time & want to let things be as natural as possible, I'm just so ready to be done being pregnant & having tomorrow so close means the end is really almost  here. All the "signs" that I've had that labor is imminent haven't panned out for me (yet) but I think my patience is just wearing out. I'm so confused about what to do - I'll probably still move back the induction date if I can to give LO a few more days to arrive on his own, but I'm hoping I won't regret it & end up resenting DH for pushing me into it if the baby doesn't come & I have to be induced anyway, since if that's the case I'd really rather just get it done with tomorrow. I wish he'd just come on out already! :'(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @serenity13 I'm right there with you. 41+1 today and I need to go in tonight for my induction tomorrow morning. I wanted to wait until Thursday or Friday, but this was the only time this week they had a bed available.
    Team Green turned Pink!
    Samantha - 4/5/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry ladies!! The wait is the hardests! Hope things progress ASAP!

@serenity13 which would you regret more? At the end of the day when you've had your babe would you always wonder if you'd just waited a day or two would he have come on his own and changed the circumstances? Or if you wait till Thursday and he isn't here will you really resent DH? Or will you say-I'm glad I waited a few more days to really see if he'd come on his own?
    i felt exactly the same way-/almost hoping I'd have an issue and have to get induced-but once I was checked in for the induction i wished I had a day or two more, and still will always wonder if baby would have come on her own with just one more day. 
  • Options
    Good luck today @RunBooRun I hope your LO still gets things going for you before you have to go in tonight!

I agree @kjd291 I'd probably prefer to wait & see so at least I'm not wondering in the future if he could've come on his own if given an extra few days. I feel like I'm so on the fence & have my mom on one side telling me ALL the reasons why I SHOULD keep the induction tomorrow & DH on the other side of me saying the opposite. I've been crying over what to do for over an hour now ugh...I need to make myself useful & get some things done while I still can regardless either way.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    julievdm12julievdm12 member
    edited April 2017
    @serenity13 I think what @kjd291 said makes sense. You basically have to figure out what method will leave you without regrets/with the least regret. 
    I haven't been offered induction yet but I'm sure I will be discussing it tomorrow at my 41 week appointment. Im trying to just remember that the end result, Lord willing, will be a happy healthy baby. :)  
    prayers for you as you make this decision and prepare to meet your little babe! 
  • Options
    DD2 took 2 hours to go back to sleep after her 5am feeding. As soon as she did DH brought DD1 into bed and left for a meeting, so of course no more sleep for me and my day technically started at 5. So tired!
  • Options
    @serenity13 I'm sorry there is so much emotion and frustration that comes with the decision!! Try to meditate on it, journal? go for a walk! Find positivity so no matter what the decision is its one of JOY! 
  • Options
    serenity13serenity13 member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks @julievdm12 & @kjd291!! I cleaned my entire house & that made me feel so much better. I just called the dr to push it back and guess what - they wouldn't let me, saying it actually IS medically necessary to not go past 41 weeks (even though it truly isn't, they just don't want to be held liable I think - she said there's a chance for baby to be stillborn which yes there's always a chance of that but it's still sooo small) they said I'll have to come in to try & get special approval from a dr but it's not likely they'll agree to move it. Luckily DH is working from home this afternoon so he's going to come with me so we'll at least try & if nothing else we should get all our questions answered...maybe I can get another membrane sweep while we're there... Either way I'm hoping things go well & like @julievdm12 said, keeping the end result in mind is the important thing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Well, my baby has been very ornery for the last week or so. He barely naps during the day, he's crying a lot day and night because he's been so gassy, and at night he wants to stay up for at least an hour or two every time he wakes up to eat. I'm running on about two hours of sleep per night and I can't nap during the day because there's no one else around to watch him.

And to add insult to injury, because my fiance's boss is a prick and changed my fiance's work schedule, I haven't been able to dry my hair in two weeks. My fiance is now working early in the morning, so he's not around to watch the baby while I shower (I absolutely refuse to miss my morning shower) and the baby always starts crying either while I'm in the shower or about 2 minues after I shut off the water. I'm really sick of not sleeping and of having wet hair well into the afternoon.
  • Options
    @ShannonJ96 my baby was like that on Thursday all day. He does best with Enfamil Gentlease formula  and Dr Brown bottles.  Have you tried either?
  • Options
    I cannot remember the last time I have worn a pad during my period. This seems like an unnecessary torture after everything my body has already been through! The lochia bleeding finally stopped 2 days ago only to have my regular period start this morning. Hello ruined clothes.

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Options
    @disneybaby84
    I had him on the enfamil gentlease for a little while. He couldn't keep any of it down. Literally every feeding was followed by a projectile vomiting incident and he started to lose weight, so I switched him to similac advance (which is what he'd been on at the hospital).

I have never used the Dr. Brown's bottles, but I hear they're great. I have the Philips Avent anti-colic bottles. They're ok, but they tend to leak. They're not worth their cost in my opinion.
  • Options
    @kjd291 I think I would have cried! DD slept for 3 hours in a row last night which is her record.. it actually took me more than 3 seconds to pass back out (still only a minute haha) I hope that stretch wasn't a fluke for you and instead the start of longer sleep periods 
  • Options
    @longliveregina not cool, on everyone's account!  hoping your next library visit will be more positive!
  • Options
    When we moved into our new house we bought a new washer and dryer and a 3 piece living room set. We got the washer and dryer delivered a week or so after moving in, we moved in March 3rd. Now we're still waiting on the couch set which was completely fine, we understand it's on back order but we've called a couple times to check the status and they all kept saying a couple more weeks, turns out it's been sitting there for 2 weeks and no one told us. Even when we called. We had to wait for someone higher up to call us back saying oh it's here, when would you like it delivered? I'm not super PO'd about it but still kind of annoying. 
  • Options
    @longliveregina I'm glad you said something to her.. I probably would have just silently side eyed wishing I'd have the balls to say something. 
  • Options
    There's been a delay on my short term disability, so we are going on a month with no income for me at all. We were planning on going on just DH's paycheck for about half of my leave (6 weeks std, 6 weeks no pay), but we planned that for the second half of the leave. It doesn't make a huge difference, but I make a little more on disability than my take home pay (It's already taxed, and I don't have to pay my benefits out of it) so we planned to budget out some extra to take care of expenses like DD's child care for the second half of my leave. So, this week was the first week we owed for child care, as we were paid ahead because it's taken out of my paycheck and pays ahead, and I did have some vacation time for the check that came out 2.5 weeks ago (pretty much just enough to cover child care). So this week, I am keeping DD home until we get that std check so it won't interfere with the bills that come out of DH's check. So I'm keeping DD home extra days, even though she does much better going to school a couple of days a week, and I just talked to DH who proudly told me he just ordered the new Star Wars movie. Not that it costs the same as child care, but you tell me things are tight, and put me in "Lula jail" (I'm banned from more leggings temporarily. Lol) but your buying a stupid Star wars movie? Ugh!
  • Options
    @catybug820 my H does the same thug! His purchases are always excusable, butvheaven forbid I spend $15 on hunk food at the grocery store, lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @catybug820 That is so annoying. A friend of mine who used Aflac said it wasn't even worth it by the time it all worked out and when she realized how much she had paid into it. 

I'm only paid for 2 weeks with using my sick days and personal days. Parental leave in our country is just a disgrace.

Also - my state is one of the few that actually offers paid leave because we have temporary disability insurance ((TDI) but I don't pay into it as a school employee (and don't have the option to) so I can't reap any of the benefits. Terrible.  
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My bf is that my 12 weeks of leave is almost up and my work is already stressing me out. They're trying to make me come back a week early and putting me on the schedule - not gonna happen. Then we work every other weekend (I'm a nurse that works nights) and they decided to put me on the opposite weekend I usually work - which essentially screws me over because my fmla started on a Thursday and essentially ends on a Thursday 12 weeks later. Friday and Saturday are considered my "weekends" to work since I work night shift. So they put me on my normal weekend off so I couldn't get a few days off essentially. I'm so agitated right now. I didn't work through nursing school and if I didn't have student loans I still wouldn't have to work. WHY did I go back to school?? I need to find another job. I love what I do but I hate the management. They play favorites and just in general bring the department down. Instead of going by seniority for things like a good hospital would do (we aren't union either) - they pick favorites for who gets the good shifts, who works less weekends, etc. For example I'm one of the highest in seniority on my shift, actually department wide I'm in the middle and have over 30 nurses under me. Well we all have to work 2 sundays a month. Because they couldn't find people to work the other Sundays guess who got to work 3 Sundays for several months? Like there's over 30 people underneath me - pick one of them to screw with their schedule. When I was new I got stuck working every weekend. I feel so envious of those of you who get to stay at home. I only work three days a week, but they are stressful days and I would much rather be with our kids. I feel so depressed over this already. No ppd for me but I feel pretty sad about work already. Seriously crying a lot right now. 
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• Options
    @marshmallowfarts I'm so sorry :( I was just ask8my my mom a similar question yesterday. How are all these people able to support their families on one income? It's not like my husband is uneducated or in a bad field. We spent exactly 305 dollars more this month than we took in without my paycheck. Wed been saving, so it's okay, but it just sucks so bad. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @marshmallowfarts I'm so sorry, that is such a sucky situation. I would be equally as ticked off as you are.. try to savor your time as much as possible and stick to your guns!

@longliveregina .... Right?! My husband makes about 10K more than me as an industrial designer. He's 2.5 years into his field. I'm in my 6th as a teacher and have my master's degree. It's terrible. I wish there were other options for teachers besides unreliable tutoring. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @marshmallowfarts so sorry! Are you actively looking for a new job? At least nursing is in high demand? I hope you find a better fit asap and enjoy every minute with your LO
  • Options
    @kiyamurph oh my head. Giant wine stash. 
  • Options
    @kiyamurph I'm already planning on wine to survive my MIL's upcoming visit. And since when is your baby her "man"? 
  • Options
    @disneybaby84 I know, don't get me started. She's one of those women that calls both of my boys her baby or her little man. No. I recall being the one that birthed them, thank you very much. She's so ratched. 
  • Options
    @longliveregina @kiyamurph unbelievable ladies. You guys have the patience of saints to deal with those situations. 
  • Options
    @Ivorytower2 Thankfully my husband isn't a pushover and deals with her nonsense. If he didn't stand up to her and I had to handle her, we wouldn't have gotten married. No way no how. 
  • Options
    @longliveregina that is a discussion my husband and I have ALL THE TIME. My grandfather had built a house, supported my grandmother, both kids (plus the ones that passed), had two cars at all times, and he was an immigrant from Italy that worked in a steel mill. My dad also supported my mom so she could stay at home - except she was a bad mom and really sucked at taking care of us but that's a different story. Meanwhile my husband and I make a decent living, when we got a mortgage we literally qualified for DOUBLE what we took out, we drive used older cars, don't spend frivolously, and yet here we are. We could probably swing it on one income but it would be sooo tight and things like a new roof (which we put the down payment on recently) or a new appliance could sink us for a long time and that's terrifying to me. 

@Gators&amp;BoSox yes I'm very actively looking for a job!! It's hard to find something though when my experience is so specialized to emergency medicine, one that isn't five days a week, and one that pays so well. I make a LOT of money doing bedside nursing because of how we can't retain employees. I received three raises last year all over $1.50 each time just because of how in demand we are. I am online looking though every single day. 

@direwolfmini our son had his two month appt today and I asked the doctor about how effective the baby is covered after one tdap shot - he said about 40% for the first one, 75% after the second, and over 95% after the third. Just in case you wanted to know for mil purposes. 

And seriously - you guys all sound like you have horrible mil stories. I am so grateful I love my mil. She's great - I love her more than my own crazy mom. You make me so happy sometimes to make me realize I hit the jackpot. 
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• Options
    Wow, my DH. My first daughter had horrible fussy time/witching hour for about 5 weeks when she was a newborn. She'd cry for three hours straight sometimes and then around 8 weeks she just stopped cold turkey. This new baby has now been starting to get a little fussy in the evenings and H just told me if she gets really out of hand like DD1 did that I should probably ask for some advice from someone who doesn't have these problems. So essentially accusing me of fussy time being a product of me not being a good parent. Wtf. I told him to go read a baby book or research the witching hour and tried explaining about the "fourth trimester" but he basically blew me off. 
  • Options
    @kjd291 DH has basketball every Tuesday and he knows I have a hard time putting both kids down even though DS1 is 5. His solution is to have his mom come and help. Um no lol. 
    Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
  • Options
    "It's like a baby ding dong ditch"
    Lol, I totally do this too.