Pregnant after IF

1st Trimester Check In: Week of 04/03/17!

2»

Re: 1st Trimester Check In: Week of 04/03/17!

• Question for you all-what does your morning sickness feel like? I have been experiencing some nausea, thankfully no vomiting yet, but my stomach just feels kind of funny too. It's not pain, it just feels a little odd/uncomfortable. I'm not sure how to describe it. This sound familiar to anyone else or do you think it's not pregnancy related? 
  • @Carterh33 I am 10w6d today and so far my MS has been fairly present since 8w. I have only thrown up about 4 times but I feel like I am living a hangover nightmare that is never ending and I haven't drank haha. You know the feeling where you are just uneasy and there is not much you can do about. My appetite swings but hopefully it will start to ease up :)
    Me: 29 DH:38
    First RE Consult 3/9/2016
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    FET #1 6/2/2016 transferred 2 embryos
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    FET #2 8/1/2016 transferred last 2 embryos (lost 4 in the thaw)
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    IVF #2: Started stims 12/2 
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    Praying my frosties are strong through the next thaw FX
    FET # 3 2/07/2017 2 embabies thawed 2 embabies transferred
    2/14/2017 *TW* First ever BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/2017 277 Beta #2 2/23/2017 8,945...did I hear you right!
    3/10/2017 One beating heart HR 168!! So very happy
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry
    6/8/2017 Anatomy Scan proves ITS A GIRL! 
    10/30/17 An angel was Born; Riley Charlize 7:50 AM my heart is so full
    *Praying that 3 is our charm*

• Loading the player...
  • emgem819emgem819 member
    edited April 2017
    @ChocolateIsLife good luck tomorrow.  I'll be thinking of you and hope everything turns out ok. 
    @MountainLady hope you get an u/s soon...I know the anticipation after getting your bfp is so hard to wait.  But you'll get there!  And the first u/s will be so worth it.  Love your story of how you and DH met and cool that you still keep in touch with the other couples who met that way too.
    @LoveDontCostAThing holy high beta numbers!  that is insane...after how many days do they do the beta?  yay for eharmony marriages!
    @jeansis hope your next u/s goes well and they can see more.  I purposely didn't have my first u/s until 7 weeks because I wanted them to be able to see something.  I also feel like I had u/s ptsd because my last pg. the baby stopped growing and they confirmed it at 7 weeks.  So it's hard to tell when is the perfect time to go.  But here's to hoping it was just too early for you!
    @liljoy see above comment to @jeansis.  I think 6.5 weeks is fine, although I know the wait can be torture!  It's hard to know when is ideal because there's a possibility you won't be able to see the baby if it's too early which is almost worth the waiting longer.  Up to you though and if you decide to go earlier, make the appt.! 
    @famiylgrl86 i think it's awesome that you are going to be a single mom.  If I hadn't met my husband, I likely would do the same.  It's always been a dream to have kids with our without a partner.  I'm sure there will be challenging times being a single mom, but it sounds like you're ready for it and that's awesome! :)
    @srh18 I hear you on all your fears!  I am just having twins (!) not triplets, but we've got so many worries already that are taking up my mind and making it hard to concentrate on anything!  Everyone says oh it wouldn't be the end of the world if you only have a two bedroom still (we have DH's son with us part time so his room can't be the nursery)...really, do I want two cribs in my bedroom?!  Also, we have a 2 door car so that won't work with THREE kids...new car payment coming soon.  Plus we've had to think about selective reduction for other reasons (possible DS in baby a), which is so so hard and it's just not something you want to ever think of.  You'll get through this and figure it out, I know you will!  Hang in there and try to remember the positives:)
    @carterh33 welcome and congrats!  I also have thryoid issues.  I think that number is a bit high so I'd try to contact your dr. to get them to adjust your meds if you're on them.  I take syntroid and recently my numbers came back at .27 which is super low so they just adjusted my meds and all was good.  Things get wacky when you're pregnant so I'm sure they are used to that.
    @PoeMasque congrats and welcome!  I love your story of how you and DH met and that you expected him to be "boring." ha ha.  Funny how when we are "happily single" sometimes that's when we least expect to find someone and we do!
    @hopeby2015 Sorry you're having dizziness on top of the nausea.  Next time you see your OB you should ask about meds available if it's really bad.  Diclegis has really helped me.  I know the MS can be much worse with twins!  (and all sympoms actually).  I'm also worried about Zika virus but currently live in VT so not much in terms of mosquitos here just yet.  We're going to Mexico for our Babymoon (!) in May so I'm going to ask my OB if she has any recommendations for what to put on.  I know pregnant women are extra delicious to mosquitos which really scares me too!  I'll let you know what I can find out:)

Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    PCOS, 35+, diagnosed with pre-diabetes
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    3 IUI Cycles: letrozole/Follistim with HCG Trigger,all resulted in BFN.
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emgem819 thank you <3 I'm trying to keep positive thoughts going, and that everything will be great. I kind of regret telling my mom, because she has called me every day telling me she is worried about it and trying to get all my symptoms out of me, and it is stressing me out. She also told my family, so I had to explain to several people that it could be nothing, and feel like i'm having to calm everyone down, even though my mom is acting like it is the worst news right now. I think I will just stick to sharing happy updates unless I know for certain that there is something wrong. Oy. Thank you for thinking of me!

@carterh33 The MS symptoms are so strange, and it doesn't always feel like nausea. Sometimes it feels like I have food sitting high up in my stomach, and I could feel like that even if i have an empty stomach. Or it feels like I have a huge burp but can't get it out. I usually feel this right before getting nausea. My main symptoms since 9 weeks is zero appetite, which is rough because thinking about most foods makes me want to throw up, but you have to frequently snack, otherwise you will get nauseous and then throw up. Catch 22  :D Thankfully all of that is already starting to ease up.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emgem819 Thanks! I hope so too. I can see why you would want to put the first one off after that. Congrats on your test results! That's so exciting! :smiley:
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @emgem819 ahh congrats! Keep us posted as you get the other test results, thinking of you guys <3

@ChocolateIsLife ugh parents are the worst with those things! My inlaws left town for awhile and of course we miss them but my MIL asked SO many stressful questions, she was googling my lack of symptoms even and stressing me out. It's enough on your plate without them chiming in. Keep us posted as you find out more!
  • @emgem819 congrats!!!

@ChocolateIsLife oh that would be so irritating! It's hard enough carrying ones own hopes and fears.

My stepmother and dad asked me every time I called home "are you pregnant yet" for the last 9 years. Asking them to stop made no difference. I ended up saying that we are concerned we may be infertile so please stop... still made no difference. I think my sister finally told them to zip it, which seemed to work - combined with only calling home a few times a year.

They are coming to stay with us (we live a 10hr flight away) for the first time in 10years and I'm actually going to be pregnant at last... I'm really struggling with whether to tell them or not! Oh parents :)
    Me: 34 DH: 32
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    DX: Unexplained - all tests normal
    TXX:
    Jan '17 - 1st round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Feb '17 - 2nd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9... BFN
    Mar '17 - 3rd round of Letrozole 25mg CD1-9 + IUI... BFP!!!!!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Thanks @emgem819, and OMG congrats on the awesome news!!! Keep us posted on your results, all the FX for you!

@Polythene Pam ahh I'm sorry you are dealing with that too! It really adds another layer of stress when other people are prying and dissecting your symptoms for you. I know they do it with love, and the intentions are well, but it is hard to push past that when we are just trying to make it through being PAIF. 

@mountainlady oooh that irritates me for you that they continued to ask you that after telling them your infertility issues. I'm glad they simmered down once your sister spoke with them, but still...have some empathy people. How long are they staying with you? 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife 3 weeks, but probably in our house about 70% of the time... deeeeeeep breaths!
    TXX:

• Congrats @MountainLady on those great beta numbers! 
  • @moutainlady yay congrats on the great numbers!!! <3
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MountainLady Yay! Congrats on that awesome number! Wow, what a nice doctor! I wouldn't mind a cheeky gift like that from my doctor to stop my head spinning while I wait for my next u/s! I am pretty sure the nurses at our RE's office have me labeled as a high maintenance patient because of the amount of times I have called with concerns about various things haha. Oh well. Happy for you! :D

@LeFemmeViolette Hurray! Congrats on graduating! That is so exciting!! Glad to hear your babies are doing so well, too! It is amazing how much can change in a year!  :smile:

I was actually just thinking this morning about how different my life was a year ago. We hadn't started IF treatment yet. I was still determined to make it work naturally (deluding myself after 8 years of ttc naturally hadn't worked haha.) and I was struggling with depression mainly due to constantly comparing myself to other people who got pregnant with ease. A cousin of mine got pregnant a month after her wedding and I was so jealous that I couldn't even be happy for her. I just sat and cried when she texted me with the news. Another couple, close friends of ours, got pregnant accidentally and, to be able to be around them as much as we normally are, I had to stuff down my feelings and just smile through my jealousy. I do not think that was very good for me. However, I do think those experiences were what made me finally decide I was worthy of experiencing that joy too and gave DH and I the wake-up call we needed to get into IF treatment. 

Hope you are all having a happy Thursday so far! I am enjoying a cup of tea, listening to the rain, and counting my blessings this morning. Have a lovely day, ladies! :blush:
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @ChocolateIsLife Thinking of you today girlie! Hope things went well with your U/S this morning!! Its too bad your family is stressing you out during this already stressful time. 

@LeFemmeViolette Great news to hear that your little bean are looking great!! Congrats on graduating. I know what you mean about it being bittersweet.
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    23 eggs retrieved; 15 mature; 8 developed to embryos; 6 frozen day 5; 2 frozen day 6
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN
    ER #2 12/14/2016; 16 follies retrieved, 8 fertilized to day 1, 4 frozen day 5, and 1 frozen day 6
    3/10/2017 Official graduate from Jones Institute for Reproductive Health!! Couldn't help but cry

• @MountainLady awesome beta numbers!  At least 24 hours of worry free time is always good:). 
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    TI for 4 cycles: 1 round of femara; 2 rounds femara/ injectables: all ended in BFN. 
    FET #1: Baseline appt 4/28/16, Gonal-F/Menopur stims, Centrotide 5/4/16, ER 5/11/16; 6/8/16 ET, BFN
    FET #2: Baseline appt 6/22/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 7/12/16 ET, 1st beta 7/21/16: 83 BFP, 2nd beta 7/23/16: 315. 1st U/S: 8/4/16 empty sac.  2nd U/S: 8/10/16 yolk sac appeared, everything stopped growing. Office D&C: 8/11/16, MC.
    FET #3: Baseline appt 12/28/16, Estrace/PIO shots: 1/17/17 ET, 1st beta 1/27/17: 146 BFP, 2nd beta 1/29/17: 336, 1st U/S: 2/16/17, 2 healthy twin babies measuring 7w0d.  EDD: 10/5/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How far along are you? 7w with TWINS! Confirmed via U/S yesterday.

What is your EDD? 11/2/2017

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having?  Terrible nauseousness - I am struggling all day long finding food to eat that actually doesn't make me feel worse. Metallic mouth/thirst, sore boobs, sleeplessness (not more than 2 hours at a time). 

3. When is your next appointment?  Monday 4/5 with new OB. The RE we are using is from out of town, so I made an appointment prior to graduating. Too nervous not to have one here in town!

4. Anything else you'd like to share? Still not feeling like this is real life. I have 4 grown children from my first marriage, then remarried 5 years ago to a younger man who has no kids. We started with RE right away and finally have U/S with two peanuts and beating hearts! Not out of the woods but definitely the best news we have ever gotten. 

QOTW: How did you and your partner meet? We met at work, first date was a football game and fell in love 8 weeks later!

• srh18srh18 member
    @LeFemmeViolette congrats on graduating!! So happy to hear both babies are doing great. 

@emgem819 I hear ya! It's a lot to think about. I'm so sorry about the DS/SR decision you're facing. It's such an unbelievably hard thing to face after all we've done to get pregnant. The MFM said yesterday something that I think was helpful--no one wants a baby more or for longer than IF patients. Making the decision to reduce doesn't mean you don't want the baby(ies)--it means you're making a decision that you feel is best for them and for your family as a whole.  I liked that. We ultimately decided to not reduce, but it was helpful to hear that perspective. Also--congrats on your little girl!! 

@jeanware welcome and congrats on your twins!!! It's so fun that you have grown children. Do you have any cool plans for how to tell them about their new siblings?

@ChocolateIsLife thinking of you! Hoping you got good news today. Sending hugs!!

AFM, all of my littles are hanging in there despite bleeding caused by a subchorionic hemorrhage. The MFM said it will probably heal on its own, for now I'm just waiting for the bleeding to stop and am grateful that everyone's hanging in there. We have officially told both sets of our parents as well, which was fun and a big relief to not be keeping it a secret anymore! 
  • 1. How far along are you?  10 weeks 3 days EDD Oct 30th 

2. Lovely symptoms. Gas and bloating, nausea if I don't eat small meals frequently. I had a bad bought of heartburn and reflux over the week end. Veins getting bigger and bluer.

3.Next appointment?  Well my first OB appointment got canceled since she called in sick! Next appointment is MAY 8th! I'd be 14wks. I called my clinic and I can request a ultrasound with my RE if I want. I'm thinking of calling back and asking to do that. 

4. Anything else to share? My reflux turned into viral laryngitis and now it's nasal conjestion and lots of sneezing. Oh the joy of working with young toddlers. We've opted out of early chromosome bloodwork. My RE didn't push it all, but my OBS assistant was really pushing me to do it. 

QOTW?  We met online, I messaged him first. He accidentally sent me a incorrect email. For some reason I messaged him on the site we met about the email not sending and he messaged me back...met for a date and we have been married for 6 years. 
  • mountainladymountainlady member
    edited April 2017
    She's lovely @ChocolateIsLife

@vintagegirl81 I'd definitely ask for the US!

@srh18 good job not worrying too much - it sounds like it's all under control x
    TXX:

• @ChocolateIsLife Glad to hear ya'll are both happy and healthy!!
    IVF ER 5/5/2016
    Transfer canceled OHSS
    Beta #1 6/15/2016 BFN
    Beta #1 8/12/16 BFN

• @mountainlady and @joslynj11 thanks ladies!!

@vintage girl oh gosh I'm sorry for your laryngitis! That sounds so painful, are you able to take anything to help with the discomfort?

@srh18 grats on sharing the news with family! It is such a relief to get it out in the open! I'm sorry you are dealing with bleeding from the SCH. 
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • emgem819emgem819 member
    edited April 2017
    @ChocolateIsLife so glad to hear that things are ok with baby and that the sch should be healing soon.  Yay!  ❤ and that's a great u/s pic of your girl!  Keep that for the book!
    Married to DH since 8/15
    TTC since 5/15
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ChocolateIsLife Very cute US baby!
    AFM, I sneaked in an early US because I was high risk of ectopic, and we saw the sac in the right place, measuring more than expected (I hope this is good). One more worry down, eek. Now the long wait for the 1st official US in 10 days or so. Still no major symptoms but today I got extremely dizzy and felt like fainting. Ugh, no bueno. 
  • I almost missed this week! Went out of town and trying to catch up at work has been crazy! Glad to hear your great news @ChocolateIsLife, the ultrasound is so cute!! Glad everyone else is doing good, I'll have to catch up next week!
    • 1. How far along are you? 9 weeks, 3 days

What is your EDD? 11/8/17

2. Which oh-so-lovely pregnancy symptoms are you having? not too much still, tired and smells kinda gross me out, once in a while I will have like a pulling/stretching feeling in my uterus area. Belly is definitely getting bigger! Probably just technically bloated but I am going with it, feels good to finally see that after all these years!

3. When is your next appointment?  wed! First appointment with my OB office, with a midwife, it will be 2 weeks since my last ultrasound and I don't know how people wait so long in between, I feel like I need one every week!  They said they don't do one at the first appointment but I hope we get to at least hear the heartbeat!

4. Anything else you'd like to share? after a good appointment next Wed we are going to share the news with family that doesn't know yet and my nieces and nephew! We made little notes to go inside an egg that say "we are egg-specting our own little peep! Baby D arriving in early November!" and for the nieces and nephew I made a little card with the ultrasound that say "your new cousin can't wait to meet you! See you in November!" I'm excited to tell them, they are between newborn and 9 years old so some of them will really get it!

QOTW: How did you and your partner meet? sat beside each other in a class the last semester of high school, we ended up going to the same college and we started dating that summer, the rest is history! Been married 8 years now!

• Thank you @emgem819 @liljoy and @gatorgirl2009! We are definitely developing a little photo album with all of these scans.  :D

@liljoy I'm so glad to hear that the ultrasound went well and no ectopic!!

@gatorgirl2009 Yay for your appointment Wednesday! That will be so exciting and such a cute way to announce to family!

*I am loving all the stories on how everyone met their SO!
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @emgem819 yay for graduating to the 2nd trimester board!! We will see you soon!
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker