Infertility
Options

Reliable or unreliable OPK?

So today is my day 10. I start testing on day 8 with clear blue advanced fertility monitors (the purple one) and without any warning or physical symptoms (cervical mucus) I got a positive today. I am wondering if it could be faulty; I had a cold last week and took cold meds, maybe it dried everything up? I was also in a hotel room today and had to use a paper cup. Could that impact my result?  Any thoughts? 

Re: Reliable or unreliable OPK?

• Options
    I regularly use paper cups so I doubt it's that. Otherwise I don't know! But I do think thAt everyone has some wonky cycles every once in a while. 
    Siggy Warning--------

CP #1- due April 2017 lost 5.5 weeks
    cp #2- due May 2017 lost at 4.5 weeks
    iUI #1- BFN
    IUI #2-BFN
    IVF#1- transfer 2- BFP! Due October 2017 c/p#3 lost at 3.5 weeks
  • Options
    I think it's pretty rare to get a false/faulty positive - I agree with @rainbowwishes5 - probably just a messed up cycle. I hope it didn't mess up your plans too much!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @funkykey and @rainbowwishes5 thanks for the replies. I have PCOS and I've heard women with it can have elevated LH levels so I wonder if it's that. I used a new tester today and it showed negative. So I'm not sure!! We BD yesterday and I guess we will continue to do so until day 20, every other day. I'm seeing my Dr Wednesday so I'll ask him to do blood work to check if I ovulated for real. 
  • Options
    So it seems my opk was falsely positive; I had blood work Wednesday and my progesterone was 0.6 and my LH was 7. Wednesday and Thursday u had tons of thick stringy mucus but Dr said it was cloudy so he thought ovulation had already occurred. Going for more BW Monday