Babies on the Brain

A New Week - Apr. 3

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend, hopefully we will all have a great work week!

Have anything you are looking forward to this week?
Anything you are dreading?
Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished?
Anything else you would like to share?

Re: A New Week - Apr. 3

• Have anything you are looking forward to this week? I'm starting to use my OPKs. I'm hoping this will give me a better idea of when I ovulate for my next cycle. 

Anything you are dreading? I guess work, I have a lot of data to process that all needs to be delivered to the client this week. But I've done it before, and I can do it again!

Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished? I want to have a low key week. I'm really not motivated this week, but there's only one more month until we go on holidays and hopefully that will recharge my batteries. 

Anything else you would like to share? Nothing at the moment. 
  • Have anything you are looking forward to this week? I have a hair appointment this week :) 

Anything you are dreading? It's going to be really busy I have a ton of meeting this week and I have grad school homework which requires my textbook which still hasn't been delivered :( Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished? I want to get my workouts in but I am already seeing how it is going to be hard with so much going on. I also need to get some paperwork wrapped up for school. I still technically have another week but I would rather not put it off. I also need to work on cleaning an organizing the house.

Anything else you would like to share? Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Loading the player...
  • @glitzandglitter: we cleaned/organized today. It was overdue. Oops!!

I am starting Hatchet with my kids, which is one of my favorite books. I also felt super crummy last week, so I'm just looking forward to not feeling like death all week. It's the little things... Our niece's birthday party is next weekend, so that'll be fun. 

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Sigh. I love my teeth, but hate the dentist. I feel like they just try to tell you things are wrong for the soul fact to get more money.

No goals to get accomplished. I am on summer countdown, so just making it through each week. Ha! 

I hope everyone has an easy, stress free week!! 
  • @easttexasmamas- The struggle is real. I feel like as soon as I get one area organized and clean the boys come right behind me and undo it :( 
    DS1 LOVES Hatchet! It is one of his favorite books.
  • Have anything you are looking forward to this week? Hopefully a new kitchen and bathrooms! My daughter's birthday party! 
    Hopefully a new kitchen and bathrooms! My daughter's birthday party!!
    Haha! I'm looking forward to both but both have their own stressors. Keeping our fingers crossed we will have counter tops and sinks by Saturday! 
    2 more runs by Friday, finish the house, get all my party projects done by Friday so I can spend Saturday morning cooking, cleaning, and setting up.
    We had the best weekend and I'm really thankful for it :) 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @notthefather - glad you had a nice weekend:) FX everything gets finished in time for your DDs party
  • Have anything you are looking forward to this week?
    Hopefully a wine essentials class next Saturday! Depends on how long a friends daughters party is.

Work. And my weigh in at work on Tuesday. It's  our last week of Biggest Loser and I've eaten like complete crap this weekend because of all the work we were doing at my moms/soon-to-be-our house.

Umm...does sleep count? Idk, don't really have any goals, haha.

Not really. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

I should get to see my mom tomorrow! One way or another, lol. Just depends on if they're going to North Carolina or just going back to my uncle's place.

We need to ask our apartment office if we can have our carpet cleaned. They were supposed to do it in August when we renewed our lease, but they never did.

I need to call the person who's trying to find me a new position and kind of poke him, since I haven't heard anything in a couple of weeks. Beyond that, I'd like to actually get a meal plan together so we're not eating pasta all the time.

Apparently if I'm going to live in flip flops this summer, I need to remember to put sunblock on my feet.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • @easttxmamas, I recently reread the Hatchet series! It was just as good as I remember it! I hope your kids enjoy it.

It's spring break, so I'm looking forward to spending time with my little man.

I'm taking my dogs to the vet on Wednesday. One is getting her teeth cleaned and the other is getting some sort of mass removed. They both have to be put under anesthesia. I'm nervous. 

I need to clean...like badly. I want to stay in bed watching Netflix but I need to clean and organize.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @CecilB93: sleep ABSOLUTELY counts. I am sitting at work trying to figure out if anyone will notice if I put my head down on my desk and go to sleep....

• I just won a free pair of LLR leggings, so my week has peaked I'm out. ::mic drop::

• @easttxmamas too bad I work on a teller line at a bank :/ I wish I could lay my head down, lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• CecilB93 said:
    @easttxmamas too bad I work on a teller line at a bank :/ I wish I could lay my head down, lol
    @CecilB93: I'm a teacher. I can't sleep under my desk, either. Hahaha
  • I'm sure your students wouldn't mind nap time @easttxmamas !! Lol
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• @easttxmamas: Soooo what I'm hearing you say is that this is not real life?

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @livingthedream - YES! I love LLR! That is awesome!
    @JNCPro3130 - I get nervous when my dogs have to go under too:( Also, I am so jealous it is your spring break. I already had my spring break. Our April calendar has no days off so it is going to be a long month... 
  • @easttxmamas: Soooo what I'm hearing you say is that this is not real life?

Hahahahaha! @notthefather: I wish that was real life, minus all of the illegal activities! @glitzandglitter can relate. Teacher life is TIRING!!!!! And @CecilB93: they probably wouldn't, but my administration might :smiley:
  • Warning - vent ahead-
    Why do people feel the need to comment on other people's family size? I had several comments today one was that I shouldn't have any more - because she has 3 kids and that's enough for her so it's enough for me. Two other people asked when I would be having more. I'm not sure why so many people were interested my uterus today... 
  • Ahh I wanted to lay my head down on my desk today too! 

Have anything you are looking forward to this week? Not really, I'm kind of in a bad mood right now, lol. 
    Anything you are dreading? Work!! I think I need a vacation day. Starting to feel burnt out. I really don't dread work most the time...but I'm just starting to feel like I need a break.
    Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished? Who said sleep? I pick that! 
    Anything else you would like to share? Nahhhhhh. 
    Hopefully getting Act 2 finished for the script I'm working on with the (YIKES) May 1st deadline!  I finished Act 1 today, so...we'll see!  Also, hoping to calorie track and lose a pound or two!

Uh, the calorie tracking thing, ha.  But I'm gonna force myself to do it.

Already mentioned in the above answers.

We're thinking of waiting until June to start TTC instead of May.  I'm kinda bummed out about it, but I really need to lose at least 15 more pounds before we start trying.  I had a tough enough pregnancy last time and I don't want to be heavier than I was then.  Plus, if we got pregnant in May the due date would be almost exactly my DD's birthday and I feel like it'd be unfair to have two bdays so close.  So...yeah, looking like June. 
  • @easttxmamas - I loved Hatchet so much when I was a kid that I read every Gary Paulsen book in my elementary & middle school libraries. Which wasn't a whole lot, because I attended a small, rural school district, but was still a satisfying collection. 

@CecilB93 - naps definitely count! Self care. 

Have anything you are looking forward to this week? Hmm, I just redyed my hair (like 20 mins ago) which was something I was looking forward to this week. It's been months. It's dark blue- but only when the light hits it right, otherwise it just looks black/dark. I dye blue over my brown hair w/ out bleaching it first. I call it "professional blue" because it's subtle. It slowly washes out back to my natural brown, and then I usually redo it. 
    Anything you are dreading? When the excitment of the first day of term wears off. I always have so much energy and aspirations on the first day. I tell myself that this will be the term that I try my very best. As the weeks go on I get overwhelmed and end up just doing a "meh" job on my work. Just what bare minimum needs done. But this is my LAST term. I just have to come up with some way to remind myself of that each morning....
    Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished? Also school related, I need to make a detailed outline and thumbnails of a graphic novel so I can begin drawing on Friday. A graphic novel is roughly 30 pages, and I can only draw about one page a day, so I need to start early to get that done by the end of term. 
    Anything else you would like to share? I'm a Ravenclaw (Harry Potter house, if you aren't a super potter nerd like me)
  • @tumbleweed My DH is a Ravenclaw! I'm a Hufflepuff :)
  • @dreamscapes_ my SO is a Hufflepuff! It's a good combination, in my opinion
  • @tumbleweed Agreed!

• On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• I just saw an article about this. People are annoying. 
    Warning - vent ahead-
    Why do people feel the need to comment on other people's family size? I had several comments today one was that I shouldn't have any more - because she has 3 kids and that's enough for her so it's enough for me. Two other people asked when I would be having more. I'm not sure why so many people were interested my uterus today...

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• @UterusesBeforeDuderuses: if you have the time to take, you should totally take a day! I did that last month and it was exactly what I needed. I hope you're having a better week! 
    @maureenmce: Good luck on your writing! What is the topic? I'm m sorry you're being pushed back a month  :(
    @tumbleweed : dark blue sounds kind of cool! And the graphic novel sounds like a ton of work! It takes me all day to draw stick figures. Haha! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Anything else you would like to share?
    We're thinking of waiting until June to start TTC instead of May.  I'm kinda bummed out about it, but I really need to lose at least 15 more pounds before we start trying.  I had a tough enough pregnancy last time and I don't want to be heavier than I was then.  Plus, if we got pregnant in May the due date would be almost exactly my DD's birthday and I feel like it'd be unfair to have two bdays so close.  So...yeah, looking like June. 
    We were originally shooting for May until we found out what birth month that gave us.. so we're June now as well. I was bummed too, but it's not that far away! Don't get too sad, we're almost there already, this year is flying by! A 30 day difference will get you closer to that 30 pounds you'd like to lose :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @gspmom21  Thanks, it really is right around the corner and I really do need this time to lose weight and get some stuff done.  Just hard because there have been a TON of pregnancy announcements in my friend group lately and I'm so jealous every time!  But patience is a virtue, etc.

@notthefather  My script is a romcom set in a lunar colony!  :)  It's kind of a falling out of love/falling in love with someone else story, but in very tiny, awkward quarters on the moon.  Fingers crossed I can get it done before the May 1 deadline!  15 scenes down, about 31 more to go!
  • Hufflepuff over here too!!! Except my phone keeps autocorrecting hufflepuff to Microsoft...what the crap?! 

@notthefather I decided against taking a day... I have some time off in May so I just need to suffer through. Trying to rack up time for (hopefully) a future maternity leave.

@maureenmce sorry to hear you're pushed back a bit. Your script sounds awesome!!

@tumbleweed good luck on the graphic novel, that sounds awesome! We've got some creative folks around here!!!
  • @notthefather and @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - Thanks! It is a lot of work. Turns out I was wrong on the page count, a graphic novel is ~100 pages. My art teacher corrected me on that. YIKES! I am not making a graphic novel by June (the end of this term). I am making a ~30 page chapter of it (the first half of what I have so far. I think by the end it will be 3 arcs, so the first 1/3rd, technically). I do intend to finish it all some day. This course is purely an elective for me. I've had the story in my head for 2 years and haven't got to writing/drawing it. This class is to push me to do that.