December 2016 Moms
Options

LO refusing breasts

I'm not sure if it's only me but my little one is only 14 weeks and is refusing to be breastfed. I struggled with breast feeding initially so she was always on formula. But she has always been breast fed and has expressed milk as well. But now everytime I try to breast feed her she cries and pushes away and it is soul crushing. I don't know what to do. She still drinks the breast milk, just feom the bottle though. Can I change this? Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: LO refusing breasts

• Options
    Hmmm...I did in the early days, but it was because her latch was terrible and she wasn't getting enough to eat. Maybe because she is used to bottles, she likes a faster flow. Have you tried hand expressing to get your let down going first, so when she latches she gets a lot of milk fast? Just an idea...good luck mama and keep trying! Maybe consider seeing a lactation consultant too. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion. We jnfortunately don't have lactation consultants where I live. As an update she will take the breast but I think it's only for comfort not food because she still will want the bottle. But I'm trying and expressing milk everyday just in case.