January 2016 Moms
Options

The things we worry about

I have never been a worrier but having a kid certainly makes me worry more about a lot of things from personal safely to cuts and scrapes. My current concern is about how Davey prefers that things be in the right place in his room. I couldn't nurse him before his nap, for example, until I had moved the shoes from the middle of the floor. He doesn't care where I put them, but it distracts him when something that's not normally there is there. This happens on occasion, mostly in his room as opposed to the rest of the house. Is this a) normal toddler behavior, b) because he's like me and likes things put away, or c) something to keep an eye on in terms of OCD or something? I'd love some input/ ressurance. 

Are any of you worried about little things like this? 

Re: The things we worry about

• Options
    Gina does the same thing. She's easily distracted if something is outta place. I have to make sure nothing new or out of the ordinary is in the room while getting her ready for a nap or at bedtime. I believe it's totally normal.  
  • Options
    I have worried somewhat along those lines.. Luke will sometimes refuse things like his sippy cup the other day while in his highchair- no problem, I just set it on the table instead. Well then he starts reaching like he wants it so I try to gice it to him but he swats it out of my hand. It's not just that he didn't want it, he didn't even want it to be in his sight. I thought it was odd, like so particular for a child his age.. now I'm thinking maybe it's just his frustration that he can't communicate "no, I don't want my cup" ?? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SDaniels19 I think you're right about communication.  DS will hand us his plate when he's done eating and if we don't take it quickly enough or put it down where he can still reach it, he'll dump everything on it over the side if his high chair.  Just to make sure we know he's done.
    He also likes to clean things.  Yesterday he got a dish towel and sat down on the kitchen floor and started "scrubbing" the floor.  He did it for a good 5 minutes.  Hopefully it just means he like things clean :)
  • Options
    DS has started 'cleaning' things too. yesterday he brushed all my hair off my shoulder and got mad when he couldn't get the last few strands, and today out in the yard he was wiping all the dirt and old leaves off the patio stones. Sounds like a phase to me!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We also have a 'cleaner' on our hands. He likes to help me load the washing machine and will wipe things if I am doing the same. Wonder Weeks said one of the leaks was about learning programs (the everyday chores and workings of how the day goes) so this is probably the kiddos acting on what they have learned about how the house runs! I love seeing the little wheels turn in his head.