Infertility
Options

New here- Intro

Hi!

I've been lurking a little but wanted to introduce myself. My husband and I started TTC-ing 2 years ago. I started with OPKS immediately (because #impatient) and never got a positive. I was put on Clomid pretty quickly, but after a few months of that not working, I was referred to an RE who put me on Femara. I did several cycles with Femara and TI- no luck. Finally moved to IUIs mid-2016, and had a really hard time with them.

I have not reacted well to medications- even the clomid and femara. Fatigue, stomach pain, nausea etc. When I started IUI's, the Ovidrel really kicked my butt. On top of that, I have a pretty badly rotated uterus, so each IUI was very difficult and uncomfortable. I only did 2- both unsuccessful, before my doc recommended we stop. He recommended IVF at that point- back in Dec 2016.

It took me a few months to come around to the idea, mostly because beyond not ovulating on my own (which was fixed with Femara), my infertility was unexplained. As expensive and miserable as IVF is, I just couldn't bring myself to do it without a solid reason. After 3 more months of trying, I finally started coming around to the idea.

JUST as I was warming up to it, my husband's company was bought out and like manna from heaven, his new insurance policy includes really kick butt fertility coverage. The expense to do it without insurance was terrifying me, and I felt like this was the sign we should finally give it a shot.

SO, here I am about to start my first IVF cycle. My period is due around April 8-10, and I will likely go to retrieval around the end of April (I am not suppressing). Having had such a bad reaction to meds in the past, I am of course incredibly nervous.

Just looking for a place to commiserate and support/be supported by others going through this!

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here

Re: New here- Intro

• Options
    Hi and welcome!

How awesome that you have IF coverage now!

I am also "unexplained" (although I have endometriosis, but that is not an IF diagnosis on any of the paperwork). It must be very frustrating to not know what is going on and have no idea why things aren't working.

Good luck this month w/ IVF #1, I hope the stim meds are somehow less side effect-inducing than the IUI meds.

Me: 34 ("unexplained IF"), DH: 40 (he is fine!), Married since 2013, 2 cats :)

TTC since Aug 2014

May 2016: laproscopy, found & removed moderate (stage III) endo (largest growth was on R ovary)

Summer/Fall 2016: 3x IUI w/ clomid & trigger shot, 3x BFN

Jan 2017: 2 months of lupron depot to quiet endo (ugh). Done!

March 2017: IVF #1 (antagonist) Cancelled/converted to IUI #4 on 3/31/17, CP :/

May 2017: IVF #1, try 2 (Lupron added). ER 5/23 (14 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen, 2 PGS normal). FET in late July!

• Options
    Welcome! You will find an amazing group of girls here! Feel free to reach out if you need anything! Good luck!
    Me: 34

TTC: 40 months
    Me: endometrial polyps and most recently diagnosed with polypoid endometrium. Mild endometriosis. AMH 4.5. FSH 9.2. TSH 8.5 (recently started synthroid) Everything else normal.
    DH: now an exDH. lol. JUST MEEEEE!
    IVF #1: ER 3/11/17 (5 fertilized) ET 3/16/17 BFP (B#1-113, B#2-534, B#3-3190) MC @ 8 weeks
    TTC with just donor soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome!  That's awesome you'll have some fertility coverage.  That in itself is stressful without any other part of IVF.  

Do do you know what stims you'll be doing?  Will you do any PGS/PGD testing?  

FX crossed for you!  This group is amazing and you'll find lots of support and information :) 
  • Options
    Welcome! That's awesome that you now have IVF coverage! Good luck. 
  • Options

Thank you! I'm not sure about Stims yet. We are going to pass on the PGS/PVD testing- our doctors thought it wasn't really necessary in our case. Hopefully that's the right decision!

1st cycle of IVF started April 9, 2017. ER- 15R, 7M, 5F, 4 frozen, 1 transferred. BFN

May 2017- Hysteroscopy

June-August 2017- 2nd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 08/10/17. BFP, but ended in a chemical.

November 2017- Hysteroscopy

January 2018- 3rd attempt via FET. 2 Embryos transferred on 01/25/18. BOLD BFP on a HPT on 1/31, Beta # 1 on 2/5= 721. Beta # 2 on 2/7- 1903. 6wk+3 day scan revealed twins!

I'm blogging about it here