July 2017 Moms

FFFC

What have you done this week that you need to confess?

Re: FFFC

• I'm a bad mama I think. I am not enjoying buying baby stuff, it's so expensive, those little clothes are hard to decide between, and I hate buying stuff unless I love it (loving a stroller and crib is kinda hard) and everything I do love is so out of budget. It's driving me a little crazy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I work in one of the back offices, right next door to the construction foremen. I usually wait until they're gone, but I stay back in my office...and I fart. A LOT. I mean, I'm grateful for the freedom this back office allows me! It'll mean I'll be able to pump without disruption when I come back. But I feel kinda bad I do it so often.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • edited March 2017
    Please don't quote, I may delete later.

*poof*
  • *snipped*

Also I offer to shake hands with people of all ages, including small children. That's how awkward I am with kids. 
    That made me laugh. 
  • @Itsnotyourturn I'm just going to ignore that entire story.  o:)
  • @busyzee , yeah upon further reflection it is a little too personal so I deleted it.  
  • @Itsnotyourturn sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. hahaha
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • BusyZee said:
    *snipped*

Also I offer to shake hands with people of all ages, including small children. That's how awkward I am with kids. 
    That made me laugh. 
    HOW ELSE DO YOU INTRODUCE YOURSELF?!?!! It's way too confusing for me. Do you move right into baby voice and ask them what their favorite toy is? No clue. So if you can walk, I'm offering you a handshake. I think not being able to walk is my handshake cutoff?
  • @Potterphile teehee ul figure it out. Although honestly putting your hand forward in a friendly way isn't that awkward, Iv seen people make funny faces at kids at the first interaction which is sooo sketchy. 
  • Referring to the randoms thread- I never ever carry a diaper bag. Once we hit 6-7 months and started introducing solids DS stopped having random blowouts (literally every shit was up his back) and I stopped carrying a diaper bag. I leave it in the car. They're so heavy and bulky. And I also think it's disgusting to lay them on the changing tables in bathrooms so if he ever needs a diaper change I just take him to the car. 
  • My FFFC is that I have not bought any clothes for baby. We've got some onesies as gifts, but not many. I'm guessing we'll get a few more. Baby clothes are cute, but I don't think babies need a ton of clothes. They don't care what they wear! 

My other FFFC is that my confessions are pretty lame, haha. 
  • I'm currently drinking a second cup of coffee because I was up until 2am this morning waiting on DH to get home from his training and I still had to hike it into work today. 

Also, I'm scared this little boy is going to be huge by the time he's ready to come out. I'm only 22w4d and I've been seeing him kick on the outside of my tummy for about 2 weeks. 
  • BusyZee said:
    I'm a bad mama I think. I am not enjoying buying baby stuff, it's so expensive, those little clothes are hard to decide between, and I hate buying stuff unless I love it (loving a stroller and crib is kinda hard) and everything I do love is so out of budget. It's driving me a little crazy. 
    @BusyZee - I agree the furniture stuff is expensive so I get stuff that's not just for babies. Ex: I got a dresser from a discount furniture store (discounted because it got scratched when moving it off the truck so they couldn't put it on the sales floor with the non-dinged or scratched items). It still cost $150 but it's a dresser we can use for years! I attached a picture but ignore the crap in the bottom corner - We were still converting my home office into the nursery at the time lol. As far as clothes go, I buy them from thrift stores (with a few exceptions because something was just too cute) since they're not in the same size very long and end up paying 50 cents or a dollar per item. The thrift stores by me are really good about not putting ones with holes or stains on them out for sale

@maybeitsmadeline - that would be embarrassing but at least you were already at home and not in public!
    @MamaRN13 - I may have to do that too lol.
     @nktrodden826 - When my friend had her baby about 3 years ago she would always wipe the changing tables down with disinfecting wipes and laid something on the table too. She never felt like going back to the car lol.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• LOL yesss @Dovahkiin_99 something similar like that happened to me (I was about to say No Baby) to someone at the store. Ugh. 
  • The past couple months, when I'm speaking to a colleague or work associates on the phone, I have to concentrate really hard to make sure I don't say "Love You!!" before I hang up (like I do with my boyfriend). I don't know if that's a baby brain thing or what, but I'm afraid I'm going to tell some government schmuck that I love him  :s
    That reminds me of an old coworker of mine - a few years back DH and I worked at the same construction company. He called our payroll lady to discuss an employee's pay and at the end she accidentally said "Love you, bye!". Poor woman was so embarrassed for months! We thought it was hilarious.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • The past couple months, when I'm speaking to a colleague or work associates on the phone, I have to concentrate really hard to make sure I don't say "Love You!!" before I hang up (like I do with my boyfriend). I don't know if that's a baby brain thing or what, but I'm afraid I'm going to tell some government schmuck that I love him  :s
    That reminds me of an old coworker of mine - a few years back DH and I worked at the same construction company. He called our payroll lady to discuss an employee's pay and at the end she accidentally said "Love you, bye!". Poor woman was so embarrassed for months! We thought it was hilarious.  
    This is my biggest fear at work. How would I ever look that person in the face again?! I'd probably never live it down!
  • clioclio member
    My FFFC: I am attending my first children's birthday party outside of family (a daycare friend of DD's) and I'm terrified. I have no idea what the protocol is. Are parents expected to stay? What's the typical price point for a gift? Argghh- I really hoped I could avoid this until at least kindergarten.
  • @BusyZee I completely understand where you are coming from bc you look at certain things (stroller, diaper bag etc) and love them, and then can't then out of your head and nothing else compares! I am guilty of sometimes spending too much on baby/ child stuff. I have found some really great (reasonable) stuff on Haute Look, Nordstrom Rack and Once Upon a Child. 

My FFFC is I went way overboard with my DDs Easter basket. It's not even a basket anymore, it's just a bunch of toys. Which isn't even what you get in an Easter basket. I think I got candy and small things like socks, growing up. Yet I still haven't gotten my DH a birthday present and his birthday is in a week! 
  • Clio said:
    My FFFC: I am attending my first children's birthday party outside of family (a daycare friend of DD's) and I'm terrified. I have no idea what the protocol is. Are parents expected to stay? What's the typical price point for a gift? Argghh- I really hoped I could avoid this until at least kindergarten.
    My DDs are both in preschool and, while I hate them, I have attended several birthday parties.  I have stayed at the party each time and the other parents have as well. I usually only spend $10 to $15 on the gifts, which feels cheap but I don't care.

I guess that is my FFFC - I hate kids birthday parties and I'm really cheap when I buying their gifts.  Whoops.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @busyzee and @acstec1 I just did this with that damn lily jade diaper bag... got it in my head and now $360 later... UGH 

But now I need to go find baby clothes on eBay or something. Also old navy is 40% everything today so maybe some baby options there? 
  • @Potterphile lily jade has such cute diaper bags! I'm sure it's gorgeous! Yes, eBay has a lot and you can buy in "bulk" and get some good deals. I love old navy for babies and kids. They have a lot of cute stuff for very reasonable. Plus their in-store clearance has some amazing deals. I got my daughter a bunch of shorts and tops for $1-2 a piece after summer. 
  • glitterfish-2glitterfish-2 member
    edited March 2017
    I drove the 1.5 hrs into work in the pouring freezing rain this morning because my in-laws are in town and were coming over to help move furniture to clear out the baby's room. So, hiding out in the office it is!

BTW, DH sent me a pic and the furniture looks terrible :-(

Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 

Edit: had to fix a single letter
    A year or so ago, my husband and his friend were leaving the house. DH says, "bye, babe," then the friend also said, "bye, babe."  I don't think the friend even realized he said it! I never told him either, but I do think it's funny. When I was a teacher, I was called "mom" several times, haha. It definitely happens! 
  • I think this probably belongs here. 

I judge people hardcore when I see them mention a budget constraint and in another post about a very high dollar designer item that they just bought. Especially if it's followed up by a comment along the lines of having to hide the purchase from their spouse. Judging. Hard. Core. 
    @PurplePoppy424  - YES! Thank you!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• I get stabby when people find out that we are having a boy and they comment with "Oh, a million dollar family! I bet your DH is thrilled for a boy.".....um, FYI even if #2 was another girl, it would still be a million dollar family to us and DH is thrilled regardless of the gender. It just irks me and I feel stupid for it irking me. 
    I've never heard that phrase! Yeah, that's rude. Like, I have two boys now and am expecting a girl - are we worth $10.50??
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Potterphile I actually made a good amount of money selling one new and a few used things of mine, all had good resale value. i just find the decision making part sooo hard. Anything I remotely like is a bit.. overpriced!! Im waiting for a cousin of mine to show me her crib which I remember to be reaaalllly nice so hopefully I can buy that off her! 

Is your bag functional? U don't want to spend money on something your going to throw away very soon, or won't fit for long (clothes!!!) so I'm keeping that to a minimum.  If you can then sure spend  300 on a good quality item that will be used and last no judgment from me either way ;) I could care less what other people like/don't like, to each their own! I just don't like decision making it is difficult!