May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Friday Ticker Change 3/31

• Options
    How far along are you? 34 weeks! 

How big is baby? Cabbage 

Any appointments this week? I have one on Tuesday.

Symptoms? This kid is moving like crazy. It's very uncomfortable. 

Cravings? Just anything salty. Oh and raspberries! It's so annoying because they are so expensive right now.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I went to the dentist and I have a cavity. Dentist said it's safe to have filled while pregnant or I could wait if I wanted. I'm just doing to double check with my OB on Tuesday. Does anybody know? I would just assume the dentist is right. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name? Boy! Sebastian 

GTKY: What is your dream date night? Can I say a night where I am left alone? Ha. DH and I are basic. Dinner and a movie is always something we enjoy. We are always having to go to military events where I have to wear a ball gown so we like to have low key date nights. 

@MollyandD if you sleep with your wedding ring on, now may be the time to start taking it off! Swollen hands are the worst.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mspacman34mspacman34 member
    edited March 2017
    @MollyandD That is such great news! I'm excited for you :) How far along are you? 33 weeks How big is baby? pineapple Any appointments this week? next week! Symptoms? Can cranky and irritable be a symptom? Cravings? Not really. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so done with this week. Our babysitters (which are DH's family) informed me that they can no longer do a certain day of the week because of some home school meeting they have, which is whatever fine I guess. But then I was telling one of them that I was going to look into some day cares for that day, they flipped out and was like I don't feel comfortable with your kid going to day care and then being around my kids exposing them to all of those germs and bashed day cares. Essentially telling me I really need to find someone that stays at home or an at home daycare (which would still have other kids there?) to take over that day. She later retracted those comments and said she over reacted, but I'm still upset about the whole situation. On top of that, DH has the flu. Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name? Green GTKY: What is your dream date night? I would enjoy going to dinner and some sort of event like a play or game. ETA: This is spaced out, but not cooperating with me and getting mushed into a long paragraph. Ugh.
  • Options
    MollyandDMollyandD member
    edited March 2017
    @bacorrea last night, I took it off to sleep for the first time in years. Luckily, the swelling went down after I got up and started moving around, so I am able to wear it now. 

By the way, I like your name choice. I have a nephew with that name. 

ETA: I believe your dentist is correct and it's safe to get the filling. You just shouldn't have a dental X-ray or certain medications.
  • Options
    @mspacman34 holy crap, I'd be mad if someone told me what I could or couldn't do with regard to child care for my own baby. If this person can't babysit, then it's up to you and the baby's father what you do with baby on that day. 
  • Options
    @bacorrea Dental work is safe. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 32 weeks!

How big is baby? Funnel cake (mmmm....)

Any appointments this week? Had one this morning, all is well. I'm officially on the every 2 week track for a bit!

Symptoms? Heartburn, back pain, fatigue, the usual

Cravings? Ice cream (not necessarily pregnancy related)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: my pediatrician's office + ear infections. DS developed a low grade fever on Tuesday, with no other symptoms except fussiness and chewing his fingers. I called the doctor, who said to monitor his temp and observe. He started a new daycare this week, since we moved, so the doc thought a combo of teething and new germs. He seemed to be okay, I stayed home from work and kept an eye on him. Wednesday night/Thursday morning around 12:45 am, he woke up screaming with a fever of 104. I called the on call doctor service at the ped, who never called back. My sister is a doctor and happened to be awake. She said to go to the ER, which we did. Turned out to be an ear infection, he's on antibiotics and is doing much better. The on call pediatrician didn't return my call until 5:00 AM- we had gotten home from the ER at about 4:30 AM, so my phone was off and we were sleeping. I'm so pissed though. Four hour call back time?! I get it, it didn't turn out to be a life threatening emergency, but it could have been! That is a high fever for a little one, and four hours is ridiculous. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name? Blue! Henry :)

GTKY: What is your dream date night? Honestly, as of right now, what sounds the best is curling up on the couch, watching Netflix and eating ice cream. And going to bed by 8 PM to 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep. 

@bacorrea - This could just be them covering their own asses, but my dentist won't see pregnant women at all unless they are in their 2nd trimester. I'm not entirely sure why. 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    Dental x-rays actually are safe during pregnancy after first trimester. https://www.motherisk.org/prof/updatesDetail.jsp?content_id=909
    Always check with your dentist and OB though and make whatever decision you feel comfortable with! 

(Urg mobile won't let me copy and paste the questions!)

How far: 35 weeks

How big? A mini-lop rabbit (seems accurate with those movements I'm getting)

Appointments this week? Later today! 

Symptoms? Heartburn! So bad, had to switch OTC medications and I think I may be on he fast track to something of prescription strength.

Cravings? Usually sweet stuff -fruits, berries and melons to be specific. Not so much refined sweets, which is very handy! Lol. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? The nursery is finally seeing some serious progress! Just need to do baseboards today and then we can FINALLY start putting the furniture together and get all the stuff from my shower last weekend out of the living room and into the baby's room. 

Team? Name? Green, Jack for boy, Nora for girl

GTKY? Lately it would be going out for dinner with melon for dessert followed by a long back/neck/leg massage and in bed by like 9pm. Haha! 

------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 26 DH: 28  
    TTC #1 since 06/2014
    BFP #1 09/23/15. MMC discovered 11/24/2015
    BFP #2 08/24/16 EDD 05/08/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Celery

Any appointments this week? Not until next week

Symptoms? Sciatica pain is sucking, otherwise just the overall fatigue and soreness is around.

Cravings? Last night it was Chinese. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: I really want a good night of sleep!

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name? Blue, I'm leaning towards Isaiah.

GTKY: What is your dream date night? I'd love a night out with DH at maybe a fun concert with a fancy dinner beforehand. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    @MollyandD Congratulations on the position of your placenta! (I love that pregnant women can say things like that.) Sorry about the swelling.

@bacorrea I think it's always a good idea to double check with your OB. Let us know what they say. :) Sorry you have a cavity. My little one is very active, too, or so I think as a FTM. I guess they're not all as active?

@mspacman34 I'd be furious, just someone telling me what to do with my child is a HUGE no-no to me. I'm sorry that happened. I know you'll make the best decision for your family, so rest assured in that.

@kayemjay2 I'd be mad too. Is he doing better now? I feel like your pediatrician should have asked to see him right away when you were mentioning the symptoms. The first thing I would have thought is ear infection. I work in the ED and we see SO many little ones coming in for ear infections. Fussiness+fever = likely ear infection in my experience, and it's really easy to diagnose if they just look in the ears! Sorry you went through all of that.

@roper2617 Congratulations on the nursery! So exciting when you can start putting it all together!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 35 weeks

How big is baby? Honeydew, 2 Clafoutis, Pineapple

Any appointments this week? No, but we did our hospital tour last night.

Symptoms? An incredibly tender right boob. IDK what that is about, but it sucks. Some insomnia, other wise I'm actually feeling pretty good.

Cravings?  Nothing this week

Rants/Raves/Questions? Anyone know what's up with the tenderness?

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name? Team Green! We actually made some last minute name changes. We are considering doing 2 middle names if it's a girl. Boy I think H finally decided: Henry Archer

GTKY: What is your dream date night? Depends on my mood. A lot of the time, sitting at home ordering in food and watching movies together. Other times, how about a surprise trip somewhere with a fancy dinner and a swanky hotel.

Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @kayemjay2 How did I not realize we had the same boys name?!
    @jayandaplus Hayes was a top 3 on our list and a contender for middle name for Henry.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    Thanks for the input on dental work! Like I said I'm just double checking with OB on Tuesday then I will schedule. Plus I would rather get it in before our dental insurance changes! @roper2617 that's interesting! They wouldn't do X-rays on me yesterday. Which is fine because I hate biting down on that thing! It always cuts my gums! 
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe How did you like your hospital tour? I think the boob tenderness is normal, but you could always mention it at your next appointment. I'd just look out for redness, heat, or any streaking in a pattern. If any of that happens, I'd recommend a call to your OB and appointment ASAP. Hopefully it's just a pregnancy joy. I love "Henry Archer".
  • Options
    @jayandaplus - He's doing much better now, thanks! I don't know why they didn't mention ear infection. He had a double infection a couple of months ago, but his fever never got that high, which was what scared me! Drugs are great, and he seems to be on the upswing now, I'm still just in disbelief that the on call doc took 4 hours to even call back!

@nda_roxybabe - I also failed to realize we have the same boy name! I've always loved Henry- it's such a strong, classic name :) Are you planning on using any nicknames? 
    Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• Options
    @kayemjay2 I'd never even considered it before (its my Dads name), but as we were driving home after telling my parents I was pregnant my H suggested it and I know my Dad will be so honored. I love the nickname "Hank"

@jayandaplus It was so underwhelming! I mean, it was good to find out where to go and to find out all the stuff important to me for birth is standard policy. It just wasn't very exciting though.
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe Sorry it wasn't very exciting! At least you good some good practical information out of it.
  • Options
    mspacman34mspacman34 member
    edited April 2017
    ETA: Sorry, guys! The Bump must hate me today! @bacorrea I'm sorry to hear you have a cavity. I would check with your OB for sure. I would hate for it to start causing pain. BTW, I love the name Sebastian! @kayemjay2 Sorry to hear about DS. I hope he gets on the mend quickly! I have always been drawn to the name Henry, but for us it doesn't mesh with our last name. So cute though! @roper2617 That's so exciting that the nursery is making progress! I got mine mostly together last weekend and feel so much better about it! I really like Jack and Nora! @jayandaplus I hope you get feeling better soon. That is interesting (but of course not fun!) that you have recently been feeling paranoid. Do you think something may have triggered it? Love the names and middle names! We are so bad about middle names that I am thinking we won't figure one out until after Baby is here! @KMD1106 Sorry about your Sciatica pain! I have started having some bouts of it and it is no fun. Isaiah is so cute! @nda_roxybabe No help on the breast tenderness part, but I hope it gets better soon! Archer goes so well as a middle name for Henry!
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @MollyandD: that"s great that you can still plan on a water birth!
    @mspacman34: that's nuts that they were so aghast about how you should manage your childcare choices. Totally not their call! P.S. did you see the ms pac-man game on google maps today?!
    @kayemjay2: 4 hours?! Seriously not acceptable. You should consider letting your main/specific ped know about your experience with the callback, because they may be unaware it happened.
    @roper2617: I had a mini-lop when I was in high school, so your comment made me smile & remember him! Funny about the baby's movements being rabbit-like, it def feels like that sometimes!
    @jayandaplus: re not being in love with pregnancy 100 percent of the time & all the waiting on the next 8 weeks to get over with already... that feeling hits me sometimes too... think about those few aspects of your pregnancy that you actually do love (or like? or will miss?) and, by focusing on those few nice aspects, that might help ease the feeling of "I wish I enjoyed this more."
    @nda_roxybabe: sorry to hear about the boob tenderness! Have you tried one of those rice/bean heating pads or a hot but not-too-hot wet washcloth? Sometimes those can help.
    I'm trying to get my Friday ticker change post done in the next 15 mins here (East Coast time), ha.
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    Stuck in a box, but here goes...

How far along are you? 33 weeks!

How big is baby? Head of celery

Any appointments this week? Yes, this morning I had an u/s and doc check-in, and all is status quo, which I'll take! So, 1 appt. next week (at 34 wks) then I'm on the twice-weekly plan until baby makes his appearance. (Pre-ecclamps diagnosis a few wks ago, so very close monitoring for the duration.)

Symptoms? Super challenging to sleep comfortably.

Cravings? Totally random, but I saw someone eating a calzone on tv today and couldn't shake the feeling of badly wanting it, for like the next few hours! Hubbs picked us up some for din.  ;)

Rants/Raves/Questions? Can't believe that tmrw is April!! We can soon answer the "when are you due" question with "next month"!!

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name? Baby boy #2 is on his way soon. Our edited-down name list has 5 names on it, and it's been that way pretty much since early Feb. I've been practicing the names with the toddler, haha, to see how he says them & to glean his opinions.

GTKY: What is your dream date night? Umm, yeah, we haven't been on a date in forever, so I'm reading all of your answers very carefully for inspiration!  :)

• Options
    @SKZW It really is nuts and I'm honestly not sure they even realize that they were essentially telling me what to do with my own child. Maybe it is because I'm not a mom yet in their eyes. I don't know. Totally missed the pacman game though :( Also, I had a mini-freak out when I realized that we will be having babies next month! I'm glad you got your calzone, girl!
  • Options
    @SKZW I've been like that my whole pregnancy! If I see someone eating something on TV it's like "I've got to have it!" 
  • Options
    Next month! Gosh that seems crazy. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    Sorry for the late check-in, I've been out of town.  

How far along are you
    ?  33 weeks

How big is baby?  Celery

Any appointments this week?  Nope

Symptoms?  Back pain and swollen feet. Last time my feet did not swell until the very end. 

Cravings?  Apple slices and peanut butter 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Not really.  I'm still in shock to think I'm having a baby next month.  

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Name?  Green. Name is TBD.  

GTKY: What is your dream date night? 
    Before DS, a nice night out, drinks, dinner, lots of great sex. Now, DS stays overnight with grandparents and DH and I either cook or order takeout, watch a movie, and go to bed early.  
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @SKZW It really is nuts and I'm honestly not sure they even realize that they were essentially telling me what to do with my own child. Maybe it is because I'm not a mom yet in their eyes. I don't know. Totally missed the pacman game though :( Also, I had a mini-freak out when I realized that we will be having babies next month! I'm glad you got your calzone, girl!
    @mspacman34: I just was telling someone else about this, and went to look, and it's still there! (I think it only works on a computer version, not mobile phone?) but if you go to Google Maps, and look down in the left corner, there's a Ms Pac-man button that says "insert coin" and it literally turns whatever section of streets you've zoomed in to look at into the video game!