November 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I hate a piece of a pink steak the other day because I was starving at a work function and everyone was staring at me because I hadn't touched my food. I tried to eat a piece from the edge. But I felt so bad about it for 2 days! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish I'm also nervous about telling people about our pregnancy, it's our 4th, and our other 3 are still young. 
    Me: 30 DH: 34
    Married: 11/2013
     "Q" DS1: 3/2011
    "T" DS2: 10/2012
    "A" DD: 1/2014
    EDD #4: 11/26/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker

• Options
    NYTino24 said:
    I am very upset that dandelion was dropped from the Crayola box. Should've been yellow green!
    Dandelion has always been my most used color. 
  • Options
    NYTino24 said:
    I am very upset that dandelion was dropped from the Crayola box. Should've been yellow green!
    The suggestions for new colors have been pretty amusing though(depending on where you fall politically). Also no love for yellow green here. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @baycamp sometimes when my two year old gets mad, he yells, "I am a powerful sorceress!!" Thanks shimmer and shine. 

@TallMomma29 yep! Thought I recognized your SN. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @QTAMum3 and @MississippiCatfish I'm nervous about announcing our pregnancy too. This baby will be our 6th (my 4th plus my husband has two more from a previous marriage who live with us)! Our friends will be happy, but they already think we're crazy! Our family will not be very understanding, as they think our family is too big already! We actually bought a new family vehicle recently and it's a 12 Passenger Ford Transit, so we can everyone and all of our stuff on trips! 
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish Haha that's what I keep telling my husband! 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 I didnt even know they got rid of dandelion!! That's one of my favorites!! Im appalled. :(
  • Options
    All of this not-well-done-steak talk is making me gag. Give me all of the non-pink jerky steak!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @cmessamore We have been looking at the Ford transit for when I get out of school. My siblings live 10 hours away and my parents/kids all fit in the mini van now, but that won't happen once new baby gets here. It would be nice to be able to all fit in one vehicle for long trips. Do you like it? Can you get them with a DVD player?   
  • Options
    @adirat omg thank you hahaha I feel much better reading that. I really don't want to worry about foodstuffs. Like, I'm just happy when I eat food and it doesn't make me feel sick!
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Tourmalily Absolutely -- happy to help. My RE said the only two foods that must be avoided are alcohol and high-mercury fish. And I'm glad, because I am like you -- I am so sick that I want to just eat ANYTHING this baby is willing to eat!

• Options
    @MississippiCatfish I loled at that amazing doctor comment. 

If you've seen my other comments you'll know I'm being particularly crazy about food, even if the logical side of me knows it's fine and all the other moms do it and have perfect babies. It's a comfort thing for myself, you know? Which I think is totally ok as is being lax about what you're eating. But I do appreciate everyone reassuring me I'll be fine!

Also I guess another part of my FFFC is that I can't stand pink meat, it grosses me out! I need to eat well done but still juicy burgers which is so hard to find. 

• Options
    @adirat Thank You!
    It drives me crazy when people rattle off the list of things you aren't supposed to eat without explaining the specific reasoning behind them. If I know why I'm not supposed to do something, I'm way more likely to follow the rule, while also being able to make an informed decision about when it's actually BS.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @lahansen Yeah, I totally agree. I think it's especially tough because so much of this is just policing women's bodies and I'm not going in for that BS. I may be pregnant but I am still an adult who can do my own research and make my own decisions. 

@ElizabethSchuyler Excellent point! Fruits and vegetables are much riskier and nobody says not to eat those.

• Options
    I had clinical on Thursday and my entire hospital knows I'm pregnant because my Dad and husband told everyone (we all work there). I told my preceptor that I was nervous about everyone knowing because I hadn't even seen a heartbeat yet. My first OB appointment isn't until the 11th. She took me back and looked with her ultrasound. I have a retroverted uterus so she barely saw "something". She didn't seem nervous because the machine is old and I'm not very far along. However, I became incredibly paranoid. I went home and took 3 more pregnancy tests. They were immediately positive, but I wish I knew for sure that everything is okay. I just want to see that heartbeat. I'm also annoyed with the men in my life. I know they are excited, but I really wish they would have respected my wishes to not talk about it until my first OB appointment.   
  • Options
    @fiddleRN79 omg, that was really rude and out of bounds for them! It's YOUR news to share. So sorry to hear how you're feeling, that's just more stress piled up on top that you don't need. *creepy internet hugs*
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @fiddleRN79 I have a tilted uterus and I'm too afraid to try and look with our department's ultrasound machine. If it had a dildo cam, I might be more apt to try, but I know I won't see what I want yet so I don't dare psych myself out. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Roliepoliecoley4 dildo cam bwahahaha. I'm dying lol. I don't blame you. I should have waited, but I was just excited that she offered without me having to ask :)

@Tourmalily I feel bad about being upset because I know they are excited. My Mom told the rest of family. I didn't know until my sister texted me asking about it since she knew I'd had the Nexplanon inserted. I keep having to explain that I was unknowingly pregnant before I got it. I would never have known without a blood test because it was so so early. I feel like the whole world knows my personal business. Then I'm sharing it all with you guys lol. I'm the pot calling the kettle black :wink:  
  • Options
    @fiddleRN79 Your feelings are your own! You don't need to apologize or feel bad for it. Even if people are excited for you, it's just the considerate and thoughtful thing to do to let you be the one to decide when/who to tell. Or at least to talk to you before spreading the news. My husband asked me if he could tell a few of his coworkers. My mom asked if she could tell her long-time partner. I mean I am pretty much telling everyone I run into, practically, so I didn't really care, but it was just a nice gesture for them to ask first!
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Last night went to a bar with college friends.  Could not drink obviosly. Once the Jaeger and rootbeer drinks were flowing I was a little jealous! And then my friend mentioned in July making pink panty droppers for his 30 y/o bday bash. Anyone else missing their favorite alcoholic beverages right now...with spring and bbqs coming up?

• Options
    @Chawk17 My older sister and her husband came up from SC and it was the first time they were visiting us at our new house. I had JUST found out I was pregnant a week and a half before, and I told her in advance so I mentioned that if she wanted to have a drink, that they should bring a bottle of wine since we weren't buying any right now haha. 

I felt a little left out when everyone had a glass of wine with dinner, but honestly I've had no desire to drink anyway. The thought of alcohol turns my stomach right now, which I guess is just as well!
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MississippiCatfish lol that's what DH keeps telling me!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @chawk17 i was at a jack and jill last weekend and was definitely a little jealous. I'm actually planning on paying my way for the same friends bachelorette but not going. I've already said i would go but it sounds so not fun at all right now. And I havent had pink panty droppers since college! Sounds so delicious!
  • Options
    @heathergirl89 and @DuchessOfCambridge I haaaate pink meat too.  I always joke that I want jerky when asked how I like my meat cooked.  

Sometimes DH makes super fancy meals at home where the meat is supposed to be pink and I have to gag through it because I feel bad.   :s

• Options
    I don't understand or like baby bonnets. I don't want my baby looking like little house on the prairie? I mean, sure they're kinda cute, but babies look cute in everything. Not a fan!

• Options
    @QTAMum3 I'm also super nervous to tell family. This is our third and we are only 22 (will be 23 when baby comes if that makes any difference LOL). We have a 1 and 4 year old that my SOs parents help out a lot with while we work. First wasn't planned, second was, this one definitely not planned. So nervous.
  • Options
    JDW0325 said:
    FFFC- my baby is pretty much made up entirely of sprite, ginger ale, and Doritos. 
    Lol my head is exploding with crazy imagination. Can you imagine if this were actually true. I think I'm having a chocolate and sour things baby as that's my go to craving for now lol.
  • Options
    @Chawk17 Yes! We went out for breakfast this morning and they had $5 mimosas. I really wanted one. Mimosas are my fave! I'll just have to drink some orange juice later and pretend.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker