Thursday Ticker Change 3/30

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most after baby gets here (both baby and non-baby related)?

Thanks other ticker changes this week for the GTKY :)

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTYK: What is the best thing about having your baby here (both baby and non-baby related)?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 3/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Bailey8809 Oh yes, margaritas, too!
  • Options

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Question: I'm going to ask my doctor about this tomorrow, but I'm curious if/what anyone else has been told about traveling away from home (and your hospital) closer to your due date? I got invited to a baby shower 6 hours away from where I live when I'll be 35 weeks. H does not feel comfortable with me going and I understand why. I also got invited to a bridal shower 2 hours away when I'll be 38 weeks. I'd drive with someone to both of the showers if I did go, but I probably won't go to either. It sucks because I'm close with both of the ladies whoes showers I got invited to and I feel bad saying no to going.

I asked my doctor if it was ok to travel 2 hrs away at 34 weeks and she told me as long as I wasn't having any signs of early labor it would be ok. I don't think I'd risk 6 hours away or 2 hours at 38 weeks though. You shouldn't feel bad at all for putting you and your baby first even thought it sucks not getting to go. :( 

• Options
    kat81kat81 member
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Question: I'm going to ask my doctor about this tomorrow, but I'm curious if/what anyone else has been told about traveling away from home (and your hospital) closer to your due date? I got invited to a baby shower 6 hours away from where I live when I'll be 35 weeks. H does not feel comfortable with me going and I understand why. I also got invited to a bridal shower 2 hours away when I'll be 38 weeks. I'd drive with someone to both of the showers if I did go, but I probably won't go to either. It sucks because I'm close with both of the ladies whoes showers I got invited to and I feel bad saying no to going.

I'd ask your doctor. They both seem like borderline cases. 6 hours seems like a long way to go but that's only a week beyond where I am now and I feel like I could totally make a trip like that, or fly somewhere no problem right now. I think I did in fact fly somewhere around 34-36 weeks along with my first. So I bet you can do that one...6 hrs in the car just seems pretty unpleasant is all.

As for 38 weeks along that is getting trickier. I'd definitely say yes if it was 1 hour away or one week earlier, haha. I'd just ask the doctor.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @pshaortao oh yeah, baby erections are a thing, it's weird but you get used to it, just try not to get peed on. I find boys easier in the day to day cleaning etc anyway (just wipe what you can see, nothing else to worry about like front to back etc) I'm actually starting to feel relived that I don't have to deal with girl diaper changes :lol:

How far along are you? 34w

How big is baby? A garden knome apparently 

Any appointments this week? None this week.

Symptoms? Is "uncomfortable" a symptom? 

Cravings? Can't say there's anything in particular

Rants/Raves/Questions? So uncomfortable... so cranky, the slightest things annoy me so much! 

Also my MIL bough DS a stupid puppy toy that poops when you feed it, I don't get why but whatever... (you feed it, it poops out the food and you feed the same pieces to it again) he just pooped in the yard (like a puppy he tells me) then proceeded to stick it on the end of a piece of chalk and bring it inside asking if he could eat it... uhhh that toy is going t be hidden from now on and I am going to yell at MIL for even thinking it was a good idea -.- 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue!

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most after baby gets here (both baby and non-baby related)
    Not even sure, I mean the obvious if meeting LO and how adorable newborns are, I'm looking forward to seeing DS as a big brother because he's so cute with my niece, but there isn't anything specific I can think of that I'm really looking forward to.
    maybe sleeping on my stomach again, I miss that a lot.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • Options
    @pshaortao @starphish18 I am impressed that up until recently you only had to pee once a night!

How far along are you
    ? 32 weeks

How big is baby? Squash I think?

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Lots of B. Hicks! I call it feeling "full of baby".

Cravings? Anything other than water. Unfortunately due to acid reflux I have had to cut out seltzer and my favorite Calypso lemonades.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing on this front this week.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

GTKY: What are you looking forward to most after baby gets here (both baby and non-baby related)? I can't wait to wear her...I bought a Solly wrap and I look forward to strapping her in! Also, I look forward to fondue and sparkling wine :smile:
  • Options
    @march2008 Thank you, he looked great and I was out of there in 30 minutes! I'm having them weekly until I'm 35 weeks, then I go 2x a week until I deliver. Yay for being AMA!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    @MiaQuiche84  I bought a Solly for DD and loved it! It will be what I use first for DS when he's too small for and it's too hot for a woven or the Tula. DD at 2m and 5m, she loved the Solly!

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    Thank you for the input on traveling! At my appointment this morning, my doctor said he would not advise traveling in the last month of my pregnancy. So I won't be going to either showers. But, I know both ladies will understand so that makes me feel better.
  • Options
    @RedInLove Thank you so much for sharing! Adorable! Love the color too.
  • Options
    How far along? 35 weeks (and 5 days, at this point...ugh, I need to get better at posting on time!)

Baby is the size of a pineapple! 

Appts: Last week I an OB appt & NST. All good there.  Dr was concerned about high blood pressure & mentioned he is leaving towards induction by 39 wks. At today's u/s, everything looked great, she already weighs 6 lbs (wow!), tech was impressed w/ her breathing practice & pointed out to us her hair!

Symptoms: heartburn, very tired

Cravings: peanut butter, apples, pizza, McDonald's fish filet sandwich