Thursday Ticker Change 3/30

swanbroonerswanbrooner member
edited March 2017 in June 2017 Moms
How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Which if your personality traits do you hope your baby will and won't have?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 3/30

• How far along are you? 
    30 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Motorcycle helmet

Not until next Friday. 

I feel HUGE!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I had my second attempt at the 3-hour GTT on Monday and passed! It went much better. I didn't feel lethargic or queasy this time at all.

GTKY:

I hope she is silly, logical, and sensitive to the needs of others like me, but I over analyze EVERYTHING. I hope she doesn't get that part from me. It is related to anxiety.
  • @swanbrooner Hooray for passing the 3 hour!

How far along are you?
     28 weeks - hooray for third trimester!

How big is baby? Echidna

Upcoming appointments this week? Regular ob app this morning (including my Rhogam shot), growth scan on Wednesday

Any new symptoms or changes? Sleep is starting to become more elusive - not expecting that to change for the next 12 weeks, sadly.

Rants/Raves/Questions? DD is giving us a run for our money these days - given up naps on the weekends, and going to bed far too late during the week (since she'll nap at daycare). Fun times.

GTKY: Which if your personality traits do you hope your baby will and won't have? I can be stubborn, so hopefully he won't end up with too much of that (given DD is quite the determined kid already). Hopefully he'll be logical and inquisitive instead.
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 
    31w
    How big is baby? 
    Asparagus
    32w appointment next week
    Nope, just generic 3rd tri aches and pains
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I get to go to Houston next weekend for my cousin's baby shower, and to see all of my family down there.
    GTKY: Which if your personality traits do you hope your baby will and won't have?
    My impatience 
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 

29 weeks

How big is baby? 

An acorn squash 

Nothing til next Thursday 

Nothing new really. I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping and omg the pelvic/vag pain. Walking around really amplifies it.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

We are having my DD's bday party at our house next weekend and are in a mad rush to get our new house in order before then. Today after work I have to go drop off a key for our carpet installation tomorrow, pick up my DD from school, go to Target for baking supplies, bake and wrap treat bags for her bday party at school tomorrow, and then paint the trim in two bedrooms.

I want to do nothing. 

I would like this baby to get my easy going personality. I'm also confident and independent which I would also like to pass on. I hope he doesn't get my tendency to procrastinate absolutely everything.

• How far along are you? 
    30 weeks

How big is baby? 
    A cantaloupe 

Nope. Had a good growth check last week thankfully. Oh! But we do have our first class on Monday. It's a breastfeeding class and I can't wait! 

Sleep has been largely improved by an investment in a "back and belly" pillow from Leahco. I thought the snoogle would get on my nerves so I decided on this one and I am in love with this thing. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I don't think I've checked in for a bit because I was so stressed about baby measuring small a few weeks ago. She is still a small baby as of last week's growth check but not so much that the MFM is worried about her. It was particularly frustrating to feel like my body was betraying me and not keeping my baby safe (large fibroids can sometimes cause growth restriction), which is what it's supposed to do. I'm in a much better space now that I know she's OK and I feel like I can be excited again. My mom sent out baby shower invites yesterday and I can't believe that's only 5 weeks away now! 

I don't know if loving reading is a personality trait but I hope she does. I also kinda hope she's introverted like me, but not to the point of overthinking everything in life. I hope she is more adaptive to change than I am, as well as being less sensitive (which I think are both connected to the overthinking). 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mirdamae03 I hope you get some awesome mexican while you're here in Houston!!!

How far along are you? 31 weeks

How big is baby? asparagus

Upcoming appointments this week? Not til Tuesday!

Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea's back.... yaaaay  :|

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I want to rave that I finally got a new pair of glasses and I feel like a new human.

GTKY: Which if your personality traits do you hope your baby will and won't have?  I hope it's thoughtful and organized, but that it doesn't take after my procrastination and anxiety lol
  • @curlymommy416 we definitely plan on it! Not sure what part of town you're on but my fam is mostly 249/Spring Cypress and Telge area. I was born and raised there and El Palenque is my jam, especially the margaritas... darn...
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Copied and stuck in a box. I've never posted on this thread, but I'm a Thursday changeover too!!

How far along are you? 
    28 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    An eggplant 

Tomorrow I have a follow up ultrasound to check on the placement of my placenta and baby's growth. Fingers crossed my placenta is away from my cervix 

aches and pains, and I can see a lot of movement now which is cool but a little freaky! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I have started thinking about my birth plan - how detailed do y'all go with it? I think mine will be pretty general but I've never done this before! 

I hope she is a strong personality like me, but maybe not as guarded. 

• @mirdamae03 We live near Humble right now, but are moving to Sugar Land next month! I looooove El Palenque!
  • mombodmombod member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 29 weeks
    How big is baby? acorn squash
    Upcoming appointments this week? Had one today and we could hear hiccups on the doppler
    Any new symptoms or changes? Carrying around a toddler is getting a bit more challenging but overall Im still feeling great
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Raving that Im feeling somewhat prepared
    GTKY: Which if your personality traits do you hope your baby will and won't have? I hope shes independent

@meg2704 I think birth plans really depend on your facility's policies and your relationship with your caregiver (and how certain youll deliver with that person). I have no birth plan bc I am using a birth centers whos default policies are my wishes and I will only have the midwives I trust will not deviate unless I ask or there is a medical need. Edit to add: this also really depends on if you have a specific wish in mind.
  • @meg2704 My hospital just has a checklist with a range of options under each category (eg. "I'll ask for pain medication if I want it" or "I would like to labor in different positions if possible.") I just checked the boxes that matched what I would like to have as my ideal experience and this will go in my records for when I deliver. Truthfully, I'm waiting to find out if I'm having a scheduled c-section so I let go of a ton of what I thought I wanted for the birth and focused more on after delivery such as getting support asap with breastfeeding and nursing staff helping to limit visitors. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • How far along are you? 
    30 weeks
    How big is baby? 
    Motorcycle helmet
    Just had one this morning...all good so far
    Nope
    Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I think I've ranted enough about my heartburn/peeing myself/board exam...so will just mention that all of my lovely stressors are still there. Except in 4 days, my exam will be a thing of the past...woohoo!
    My determination would possibly be useful to a certain extent, but I hope he doesn't get my total indecisiveness (only in my personal life...that would suck at work!)

@meg2704, the hospital where I delivered my first had a similar system to the one that @meilay mentioned and I assume this one will be similar. My main birth plan is whatever it takes to have a healthy mom + healthy baby...but, when it comes to little details, I tried to make it as long as possible without an epidural so that I could be off the monitors and walk around/try different positions. Will probably do something similar again, if allowed. All hospitals have their policies, so you give up a bit of control by delivering there.