July 2017 Moms

Weekly Symptoms 3/27

I didn't see this one started as yet this week.  

What symptoms are you dealing with ladies?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 3/27

• My fingers are officially beginning to swell sigh - I don't want to take off my wedding rings :( but the time is coming...

I can also officially join the glamorous hemorrhoid group - I never really understood what it was and refused to Google it as it sounded like something that should be kept on a need to know basis.  I wasn't a member last time around so this is a bummer.  I'm assuming/hoping it goes away on its own and does not stick around for the rest of the pregnancy.

Apart from that, just some lower back pain - mostly
    from carrying around a 28 pound toddler, and a lot of tension in my uterus not contractions per say but definitely lots of tightening especially towards the end of the day.  I probably need to drink more water!
  • @caribbeanmama My hands are starting to swell too. Not even my feet, just my hands. My rings were a tad big to begin with, but I'm going to have to stop wearing them at some point. I kind of new this was coming. Around 18 weeks, whenever I wore my sea bands to bed, I woke up with swollen hands. They went away about half an hour after taking them off, but now the swelling is becoming a bit more permanent. Sigh. 

I also had my first truly uncomfortable night of sleep. I just could not for the life of me get comfortable, and I slept like absolute garbage. It feels like I didn't even sleep to be honest, and now I'm so exhausted I can't even nap. Also got my first leg cramp last night. Add to that the general discomfort I've felt every night in some way or another. Mostly rib pain, but also back pain, stomach discomfort, and neck and shoulder pain, plus occasional heart burn for fun. Oddly enough it seems like if I'm more active during the day, I'm more comfortable at night, so I've been trying to do more. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Loading the player...
  • @caribbeanmama My hand are swollen too. I have baby locks on the cabinets in the kitchen and one is tigher than the others. Realized the other day that my fingers barley can make it through the gap to unlock the door.

I am suddenly getting acne on my chin. Last pregnancy I had it bad the whole time so this is an improvement.

Having CRAZY vivid dreams now. Really weird ones too. I wake up confused and a little freaked out once or twice a night.
  • I'm seeing more pigmentation on the skin of my face, especially around my mouth (so, awesome, from a distance it looks like I'm just dirty). I didn't have this at all with my first and I am trying not to feel too self-conscious about it. 
  • @mamadcb me too on the pigmentation!  I just put on foundation so I don't obsess over it.  Here's to hoping it's temporary.

@kerils sorry you couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep.  I'm sleeping propped up at almost 45 degrees to be comfortable.  I've taken over most of the pillows.
  • @caribbeanmama Ugh, I'm sorry. Everything I read says it should go back to normal, so my fingers are crossed. I only wear eyeliner and don't even own foundation, so I have just resigned myself to it. Thankfully unless I'm looking in the mirror I don't think about it too much. 
  • New symptom this week: Round Ligament Pain! Or, I think it's RLP.  I have pain in my lower abdomen when I stand up, laugh, sneeze, cough, roll side to side....it feels like when you pull a muscle almost. I spoke to the nurse at my doctors office and she said it is most likely stretching and if I'm not bleeding or leaking fluid, it's totally normal. The pain doesn't feel like period cramps or anything, so I'm not worried something is wrong. I'm mostly worried about the frequency of pain...I thought RLP came and went! Anyone else having this? I'm 24 weeks tomorrow and my belly has definitely grown this week.
  • Ugh horrible acid reflux 
  • @amack2388 I've been having pretty much constant RLP for a week and a half.  Like, it doesn't change with position, heat, ice packs, a hot shower - nothing.  I got checked and my doctor basically said it's RLP, there's not much you can do.  She recommended Tylenol, a support belt, and Benadryl to help with sleeping.  Mine has gotten less severe with time.  I hope you feel better soon!
    Me: 31 DH: 31
      <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
    CP 3/2019
  • The midwife told me the hip pain I've been having is sciatica... Sitting on an exercise ball instead of the couch helps. I'm also having the crazy swelling! Hands, feet, ankles, everything. I ordered some compression sleeves for my legs to hopefully help with the swelling and prevent varicose veins, which my mom got really badly during her pregnancies and they never went away. Also started leaking colostrum this week? That's def. the grossest symptom, to me, so far.
  • @rjoys8 I have sciatica really bad and the best thing for me to get some relief is sitting/rolling on a tennis ball to kinda work it out. It hurts when you do it but almost instant relief for me!!

also, leaking colostrum started around like 35 weeks for me and my nipples would get stuck to my bra when it would dry through the day and was SO painful when I took it off at night! Start using those nursing pads! 
  • Definitely some sciatica pain. I mostly notice it after going for a walk or doing too much around the house. 
    I can't get comfortable at night either. I wake up having to flip to my other side (over and over and over) bc my hips hurt sooo bad. I've been sleeping in the guest room (soon to be baby's room) on and off just so I have more room to flip around. We were going to move the bed out of that room to start getting baby's room ready, but it's the only spare room we have (the other is my office) and I know I'll need that bed probably up until delivery. 
  • F'ing insomnia. I'm exhausted and have been awake for 3 hours. I cannot get comfortable and this baby will not stop moving!! I'm grateful to have a healthy, active LO but...I feel like total shit and need some rest!!! Bah!!!
  • I'm getting really intense veins everywhere. My hands and feet aren't swollen but I look like a bodybuilder. In fact writing that makes me wonder if the steroid shots I had this week have contributed to my bulging veins! 

@virginiaunicorn11 I'm totally on the insomnia track too and it sucks. I know a lot of it is stress for me so hoping I get some good news soon and can relax back into being pregnant again.

I've started leaking but only at night. It's annoying because I like to sleep topless (sorry tmi!) or at least not wrapped up. Might get a loose crop top I can put nursing pads in because even wearing no underwire bra to bed is super uncomfortable! 
  • F'ing insomnia. I'm exhausted and have been awake for 3 hours. I cannot get comfortable and this baby will not stop moving!! I'm grateful to have a healthy, active LO but...I feel like total shit and need some rest!!! Bah!!!
    Same!  Add to that a side of anxiety and grumpiness and I'm officially the worlds most touchy, unpleasant person.  I am angry literally all the time.
  • @theweevee yeah something along those lines for me too for the past week or so... it's getting to me 
    @virginiaunicorn11 im dieing to sleep bus as soon as I'm in bed I'm uncomfortable!! 

I have a really sore, sensitive to touch area right under the ribs and I get shooting pains if I lie down at certain angles and it's bothering my sleep now. No one can figure out what it is. By night time even touching the area is sore like a bruise! 
  • rnw2019rnw2019 member
    edited March 2017
    @nktrodden826 thank you! I will have to try the tennis ball trick. And pick up some nursing pads... sigh. I've been having acid reflux too. I've found that some foods make it worse than others, and of course the foods that make it worse are all the best foods (sweets, tomato-based things, even peanut butter). I'm sorry! 

@ginger1228 I do the same thing all night long! I like to pretend my husband doesn't notice/mind that or the getting up to pee 4 times a night, but we'd probably both be better off if I were on the guest bed. I hope the sciatica pain gets better. 

@BusyZee that sounds terrible. I've been sore there a couple times, as if I worked out my top-most abs, but I couldn't figure out what was causing it. I hope yours gets better! 

edited because I misunderstood the area BusyZee was referring to!
  • Pain ... just lots of pelvic, vaginal and hip pain. This has me waddling and it's just not fun.  Sleeping has been a struggle for a few weeks now.  Just last night I finally put a pillow on either side of me as opposed to dragging 1 around every time I turn over.  I got a better nights sleep so hopefully that keeps up.  I don't even know what time but I wake up in the wee hours of the morning and am up for a minimum of an hour but usually closer to 2.  I don't think I've been on time for work once this week.  Sooo looking forward to my massage next week and I'm going to set up an appointment with a chiropractor to take care of my hips.  Also noticed my kankle last night.  Just on the right side.  It doesn't hurt or anything but it's definitely swollen I guess?  Headaches are coming back.  I pretty much also have to roll out of bed lol!  Oh the joys of growing a child!  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • On the verge of heartburn. I keep burping, I know it's coming, I have Tums everywhere. I didn't get it until 36 weeks with DS and the first time I got it I thought I was dying. This is awful.
  • Is not fitting into my underwear a symptom? I have been so uncomfortable the last few days that I just bought some yesterday in the next size up. I hope these last me the remainder of the pregnancy! 

(Last pregnancy I remember moving a purple shirt I didn't recognize from the washer to the dryer. When I pulled everything out of the dryer I discovered the problem. That wasn't a shirt. That was my gigantic pregnancy underwear!!)
  • @caribbeanmama  I had to put the wedding rings away too.  Ordered a couple cheap silicone rings.  They're fun colors and they stretch.  Even if they get stuck, I won't be upset cutting them off. Got one in white and one in coral.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F2E19A8/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

@kerils I feel your pain.  Finally broke down and got a pregnancy belt.  The one I got is ok to use sitting, standing and lying down.  Wore it to bed last night.  So far just 1 night and it made a huge difference.  However, I did feel a little extra pressure on my bladder.  But lesser of two evils I guess.

My biggest issue is the back and hip pain.  Went for a longer walk with the belt today and it was much better. We shall see!  Am also tired.  Anemia and GD check next week.  Hoping for the best.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I can feel my skin stretching and it's such a strange feeling. I've been trying to keep stretch marks at bay with a nightly cocoa butter regimen, but my first "set" has showed up in its bright pink glory right next to my belly button. It will probably darken soon and then fade to white. Wonder how many more I'll have by the time July comes around...
  • @nellin have you tried a sleep bra? That and my underwear is all I sleep in. Between being hot and the sore boobs I can't handle much else
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @manillabar I haven't, good idea maybe I'll pick one up and try that. 
     I'm in the southern hemisphere (New Zealand) so it is slowly getting cooler which is nice at nighttime but at the moment it's too sticky to wear clothes to bed!