October 2016 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday 03.29.17

Re: WTF Wednesday 03.29.17

• Options
    WTF pumping. I'm already sooooo over it and I've even been able to cut it down to just 3 times while at work. Some days I wish I could just skip that last one but I don't want to chance hurting my supply. 
  • Options
    brzvicebrzvice member
    edited March 2017
    WTF MIL telling me of all these horror stories of someone she knows who had something Terrible happen to their baby. Didn't need to know that Mom. As if I don't have enough anxiety already.

edit: spellz
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @brzvice H did the same thing to me and I told him don't ever tell me anything bad about another baby. 
  • Options
    I just about lost my shit last night watching a crime show that was covering the Scott and Laci Peterson case when it brought up the baby =/ 
    I used to be the kind of person who could talk about those kinds of things- until I had a baby. Now if it has anything to do with hurting a baby or child, I can't deal with it.
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 I feel you on the pumping.. I hate it so much!!! I also pump at night before I go to bed because her wake times are so inconsistent. If she wakes up past 12, my boobs wake me up due to being so engorged.
  • Options
    @fitlady21 And is it just me or does pumping hurt worse than BF ever did?  I thought it was suppose to be the opposite. I don't think I have it turned up too high. I barely turn the knob. 
  • Options
    Hey @fitlady21  and @Ladybug2821 how long are you planning on pumping?  i have been ep from the start and im SO over it but have been guilting myself to stick with it.  Every month I say oh one more evan though i have a large stash frozen.  Im down to pumping 4 times a day for 15 minutes and still get almost 30 oz (same as when I pumped 5 or 6 times).  Is there people who struggle to stop producing?

• Options
    @bieberm04 I plan to BF/pump at work for a year. That way I can hopefully transition LO to cows milk. She might have a dairy allergy so I don't know how that will go. But either way no longer than a year. I'm sure for over producers it can be difficult to stop. I don't have any experience but I've heard putting cabbage leaves in your bra can help. I have no idea how though lol. 
  • Options
    I plan to pump/bf for a year as well. I'd love to go longer so it just depends on how tired I get of pumping. And yes! Pumping hurts so much more than breast feeding. BF has been super super easy for us so I'm thankful for that. Pumping is just a pain.