June 2017 Moms

Umbilical Doppler

Did you all have an umbilical Doppler (seeing blood flow from cord) done during your 20 week anatomy scan? The tech and doctor didn't do one on the baby... it's just been on my mind and wasn't sure if it's something that's always done. Thanks!

Re: Umbilical Doppler

• They did at my us with this baby,but not with dd 4 years ago. She was high risk, he's not. I think it must be newer thing. They also checked my ovaries which I'm pretty sure they didn't do with dd. 
  • Yes. She checked how many vessels my cord has, as well as the length of the cord.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB office didn't, but the Dr. that did the fetal echo scan did. I also had a 3D scan and the tech checked it quickly there too. I'm still surprised it's not something my OB checks.

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• XathXath member
    Yes, but I don't think it's the industry standard yet. Per my OB, the machines that can do it cost £100k and only last for 3-4 years before they need to be replaced.  I've only seen them in regular use at my high-risk OB and MFM.  

That said, it seems the tech is getting cheaper and I wouldn't be surprised if they become more prevalent in the near future.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers