Infertility
Options

SA results

Hi all!  I am active over on the TTGP boards and just got the results of H's SA.  A couple of ladies pointed me in this direction for help in understanding it more. 

Here are are the ones he seems to be in range. I'll put the range in the parentheses:
~Volume: 3.2 Mls ( >2 Mls)
~sperm concentration: 37 million/ml (>20 million/ml)
~Total Count: 118 million (>40 million)
~sperm agglutination: <5% (<5%)

Not sure:
~Motility:83% (no range given)
~ Progression: 19 rapid, 45 slow, 19 poor, 17 none (>25% rapid or >50% rapid & slow)
~appearance: light yellow/opaque (no idea what it should be)
~viscosity: low (no idea what it should be)

here are are the ones he seems to be out of range on:
~Normal Morphology: 29% (>30%). 
~Abnormal Morphology: 71: (head: 46, Midpiece: 14, tail: 2, cytoplasmic drop: 9)
~round cells: 2-5 million/ml (<1 million/ml)

Not tested:
~Vitality: only when motility is less than 50%

if anyone could translate this for me that would be great lol

Re: SA results

• Options
    Hi @purplg8r :)

The main metrics are count, motility and morphology.

Motility is how good they are at swimming, morphology is how they're shaped. 

Ideally, you'd have lots of them (count) - between 80-120 million is the goal; most of them (more than 60%) would be good swimmers, and most of them would be shaped well - say more than half.

But keep in mind, with any given round of intercourse during ovulation - when your cervix is a little more relaxed and your cervical mucus is doing ok - only about 100,000 sperm make it through the cervix. And that's in ideal conditions!

I'm not a doctor, but to me, it looks like his counts are decent. Maybe the morphology is a little off, but nothing too shocking.