June 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change! 3/28

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite charity?  If so, why? (stolen from Friday ticker change)

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change! 3/28

• Options
    How far along are you? - EM is weeks today

How big is baby? - acorn squash, gallon of milk, GIZMO!!

Upcoming appointments this week? - she has a scan coming up, as well as the GD test, but not sure when

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite charity?  If so, why? (stolen from Friday ticker change) - ASPCA and ACLU.  Civil rights and animals are my two major soap box hot spots.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Acorn Squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Not until the 7th. We get a growth ultrasound, so I'm looking forward to it. 

Any new symptoms or changes? It is getting really hard to sleep and pain in my belly while I toss and turn at night. No fun. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? We are almost done with the nursery, and it is starting to feel so real!!!   

GTKY: Do you have a favorite charity?  If so, why? (stolen from Friday ticker change) I am a huge animal lover and I am very pro adoption so I tend to donate to local rescues a lot. It just breaks my heart to see people spend so much money at a breeder when there are so many amazing animals at the shelters and with rescue groups that need a home. I have plenty of friends that I have tried to convert, and I don't judge them as long as they love their animals. I just wish more people would realize that you can find almost any age and any breed if you take the time to look. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? According to the Bump, acorn squash. According to other apps, a rabbit or Barbie convertible (I like that one!).

Nope, I had my 28 week glucose test last week and will have my 30 week next week.

Not really. I'm still feeling pretty normal and hoping it stays that way for awhile! 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    No questions, but can I just say how much I hate pregnancy insomnia?! This isn't a new symptom for me, but gosh it sucks. I actually slept almost all night last night, which was AMAZING and much needed, as I'm taking DS to the zoo today!

GTKY: Do you have a favorite charity?  If so, why? (stolen from Friday ticker change)
    Nothing that comes to mind (goodness, I'm boring this week). 
  • Options
    How far along are you? - 28 weeks! 

How big is baby? The size of an egg plant 

Upcoming appointments this week? - just had my 28 week app. Yesterday, followed by glucose test. Measuring right on track, and baby sounds good! Now just waiting for results on glucose. 

Any new symptoms or changes? Sleeping is not a thing anymore. Hasn't been for a few weeks, but it's getting more and more uncomfortable. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    30 Weeks

How big is baby? 
    Zucchini, 1/2 Lg Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake, 3 stacked frozen dinners, or a garden gnome

Had one on Friday with the high-risk OB and have my 30-wk today with my MW

My complete placenta previa is now marginal! WOO HOO!! I see the OB to check again at 36 weeks and if it's cleared the cervix, he will release me back to my MWs care

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    I am SO testy with everyone right now 

I am a fan of Vitamin Angels. They provide multi vitamins, deworming treatment, and clean water to children and expectant mothers in impoverished areas.
    Another reason I like them is their financial transparency. They rely heavily upon volunteer involvement to maximize passion and lower their costs.

• Options
    Does TOMS count as a charity? If so, I'd go for that one. Because shoes!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 29w

How big is baby? Acorn squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Ultrasound tomorrow to check his kidney and growth

Rants/Raves/Questions? Can't believe I have 11 weeks left until I meet him!!! 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    31 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Coconut!

Just had a maternity appointment yesterday and it went well. Appointments are changing to every 2 weeks now rather than once a month! I have an appointment at BC Children's Hospital tomorrow for DD#1- she's getting allergy testing done with their pediatric allergist. Thankfully DH is coming along because being this pregnant and trying to handle a 17 month old getting pricked isn't going to go over well. 

Lots of back pain- typical of 3rd trimester. Some heartburn but manageable without needing mess thankfully. I blacked out in the shower last night, but once DH carried me to bed I was fine- water wasn't too hot or anything so I have no idea why that happened!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Rant- trying to get ready for baby AND planning my mother's 50th birthday bash. Family is extremely difficult to communicate with so I feel like all the planning is on me- I'll be 37 weeks pregnant when the party happens so I've made sure all family is well aware that I will not be entertaining, but sitting in a chair and eating the whole time :) I don't mind the planning- but it's being held at my condo amenities room so DH and I are 100% responsible for cleanup etc after the party which will be exhausting. 

Big Brothers Big Sisters - it's a child and youth mentoring charity that inspires & empowers kids and youth to reach their full potential and facilitates new relationships between a child/youth and a mentor. When the kids are a bit older I would love to volunteer and help inspire a child to do great things in life and that might not have that type of healthy relationship with friends/family.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks

How big is baby? Eggplant

One on Friday where I'll get the rhogam shot which I remember hurting from last time.

Any new symptoms or changes? Apparently horrible snoring. Also heartburn has been picking up. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

GTKY: Do you have a favorite charity?  If so, why? (stolen from Friday ticker change

Ive been meaning to give to the ACLU but haven't gotten around to it. We do always  raise money and do the walks for organizations that mean a lot to us, March of Dimes and Alzheimer's Association are the two big ones. 
  • Options
    @allybiery, My father has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's (late stages).  Thanks for raising money for that organization, it means a lot!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @krex-2 sorry to hear that. My husbands mother has Alzheimer's. Such a horrible disease. 
  • Options
    Allybiery said:
    @krex-2 sorry to hear that. My husbands mother has Alzheimer's. Such a horrible disease. 
    Thanks.  I think the Parkinson's is actually worse (for my father).  He's a Marine (USMC) and even at my most fit, he was easily outrunning me on the track...that was in his late 60s.  Once Parkinson's really started to progress (he's now wheelchair/bed bound and on hospice) you could tell that his quality of life was nonexistent.  The Alzheimer's was almost a blessing because he is no longer really lucid most of the time, so he doesn't realize how bad it is (if that makes sense).  It's horrible all around, and I feel like some of it is just waiting for the inevitable.  

Sorry for the downer post!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    No need to be sorry @krex-2 that must be so incredibly difficult I can't imagine. 
  • Options
    sevennsevenn member
    edited March 2017
    Sorry I've been the worst ticker change participant lately.

How far along are you? 27w3d today

How big is baby? bundle of bananas?!

Upcoming appointments this week? 50g/28w labs and TdaP today!  No MD visit.

Any new symptoms or changes? Just lots of activity and rib discomfort

Rants/Raves/Questions? Scored a cute little lot of maternity tops off a FB swap group last night... so pumped!  I can stare and wander in stores and never get anything but when presented with a lot of cheap clothes somehow I can always make decisions.  I washed them last night and am rocking one today!

GTKY: Do you have a favorite charity?  If so, why? (stolen from Friday ticker change) Definitely local animal shelters and historical societies. 

ETA spelling.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24