Infertility
Options

IVF ER tips and tricks?

Come on ladies ! Give me what tips and tricks you have. I did buy 2 pairs of fuzzy socks. I also stocked up on Gaterade, coconut water, V8, prune juice, salty soups and protein snacks like Jerky . When were you able to start drinking? Should I bring Gaterade with me to ER? 

Re: IVF ER tips and tricks?

• Options

I honestly didn't feel like eating or drinking much until a few hours afterwards, My only "tip" is don't be a hero about any discomfort take the pain meds they give you for the first few days at least.  I didn't think it was "that bad" so I stopped taking them after the first day and I wish I hadn't, I started taking them again and it was a world of difference. 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    I was very hungry right after, so DH took me to a breakfast diner on the way home.
    Get a heated pad thingy (I got Walgreens brand one that you microwave for a minute and it has velcro belt to keep in place). The first few nights I had to keep it on to be able to fall asleep.
    You can bring Getorade with you. I was pretty awake right after the procedure. To be honest, I was awake during the procedure too, but very very high  :D When they brought me back to the recovery room and asked how it went, I said - "It was fun! you have great drugs!"  :D
    Nothing really started hurting for me until the day after. And then I had waves of cramps, apparently mostly due to ohss and potential temporary ovarian torsion - not fun at all.
    Main advise - LOTS of drinking (you have the right list of drinks), keep that urine nice and clear. Even if you're bloated, just keep drinking.
    Good luck with the ER!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My story in signature spoiler. Children mentioned.
    Me: 37 DH: 45
    I don't produce FSH, so no natural menstrual cycle. DH has reduced morphology.
    Summer 2014 IUI (with first husband): cancelled after almost a month of stims due to too many follicles
    Time off to divorce, get back on my feet, find a new hubby and get married again 💑
    March 2017 IVF#1: ~70 follicles, 13R, 10M, 7F, 3B = 2 PGS Normal (both XY) - no transfer due to ohss
    Sept 2017 FET#1: BFP, Beta#1 (10dpt) - 253, Beta#2 (12dpt) - 528, DS born 05/31/2018 👨‍👩‍👦
    Dec 2019 FET#2: BFN
    Changed clinic, planning March 2020 IVF#2 - postponed due to the pandemic
    April 2020 IVF #2: ~30 follicles, 24R, 12M, 8F, 4B = 2XY & 2XX, all normal  <3
    Sept 2020 FET#3: one XX embryo, BFP, Beta#1 (9dpt) - 161, Beta#2 (11dpt) - 519, Beta#3 (19dpt) - 7174, Due date 05/30/2021
    DD born 05/23/2021 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 - My family is now complete <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm having trouble remembering the first recovery room, but I think they asked me what I wanted to drink there. When they brought me to the second recovery room they gave me some crackers, and my DH was able to join me and bring my water bottle (which I didn't need because they kept offering liquids to me). Bring gatorade if you want it, but I don't think you need it. I drank coconut water and that helped reduce the bloat a lot. I agree that you should plan on taking painkillers of some sort, even if it's just aspirin, and have a heating pad handy. I was able to return to work the next day and was a little sore, but line up some movies and shows to watch the day of because you probably will want to lay low! GL to you!!
    TTC #1 since Aug 2015 (unexplained infertility)
    10/16-12/16 -3 IUI, all BFN
    2/17 IVF #1 froze 5 five day blasts
    5/17 FET#1 BFN  
    6/17 FET #2 BFP :)  EDD 2/27/18

Pregnancy Ticker