Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check In 3/27

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? If not, who's your celebrity crush? 

Re: PGAL Check In 3/27

• How far along are you?  37 weeks--we have reached early term. Crazy! 

How big is baby? Roughly six pounds??

Appointments coming up?  Weekly appt Wednesday. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically I'm dead tired and everything hurts. Braxton hicks are constant and my belly feels like an overinflated basketball. Emotionally I'm pretty much ready to meet her. I still have things to do before she comes but at this point I don't care if I don't make it to my last day of work or the house isn't spotless or the thank you notes from baby showers aren't done. I just want my rainbow baby. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Full term I guess in a week. Meeting her! 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Was 1cm dilated at my last appointment. Hoping for a normal vaginal delivery without complications! But don't we all. 

GTKY: Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? If not, who's your celebrity crush?  I'm distantly related to Sam Houston. I think that's it though. Kinda boring. So my celebrity crush--I actually have no idea. I haven't thought about it for years. Probably Benedict Cumberbatch. 
  • How far along are you? 22w6d

How big is baby? The bump says a coconut, my u/s tech last week said a zucchini :)

Appointments coming up? None this week.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I actually felt the baby kick (or likely somersault!) from the outside on Friday and that was a crazy feeling! Funny enough though it's kind of messed with me emotionally - now I'm wondering when I'm not feeling movement if all is okay. I got out my fetal doppler last night b/c it had been a pretty calm day and found the heartbeat right away but it's still in the back of my mind.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Viability next week!! We will also have a growth scan/final-for-nwo (hopefully) cervix check.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Putting together baby furniture is an impossible task by yourself unless you have four hands.

GTKY: Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? If not, who's your celebrity crush? For some reason I feel like I am but baby brain is killing me. My current crush is Alex O'Loughlin. I know, who? He's on Hawaii 5-0 and was in Friday Night Lights WAY back in the day (he was the QB that broke his leg that allowed James Van der Beek to star in the games) but he's just so darn cute!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Loading the player...
  • @byrneme ugh I was the same. I think regular movement varies so much. They don't even want you to do kick counts until much later, if at all. I've started doing them just because she's so much bigger now that she can't do the crazy dancing in there that she once could, but I remember I didn't bother before now. But yay for feeling some big movements! Also, agreed about the furniture. Lol. 
  • @HGRich - thank you for making me feel like I'm not crazy. I was doing so good with my PGAL brain and then THIS. I mean, rationally, I KNOW everything is fine. I really do. It's so bizarre how one tiny little fear can actually derail things that were so positive! I feel good knowing I have a growth scan next week and can always use the doppler if necessary. The comfort in finding the heartbeat in  seconds know is unbelievable, even if that comfort is fleeting.
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • @byrneme I could have written your post myself today - I have the same exact worries! I have my level 2 - 20 week ultra sound tomorrow and I haven't felt the baby much at all today. Just tiny little flutters, no big ones so I'm going crazy. I'm going to do my Doppler when I get home. I went 4 days sans Doppler because the baby literally kicked it and I saw the foot pop up, so then I felt guilty as hell because it's obviously annoying my baby. I wonder if 2nd trimester it's just too hard to feel big movements consistently? 

How far along: 20 weeks on Wednesday! 

How big is baby? I have no idea, I didn't do the updates, waiting for my 20 week U/S to start
    those. 

Any appointments coming up? 20 week level 2 and gender reveal tomorrow at 8am! Extremely
    excited but also nervous as hell. I hope baby is healthy and I don't care at all if it's a girl or boy but will be so excited to tell my kiddies. 

How are you feeling? I'm feeling great, coasting in the 2nd trimester and counting my lucky stars the round ligament pain hasn't begun and I can still run without pain and with ease. Emotionally I'm stressing my level 2 scan tomorrow and hoping for a happy day. 

Next milestone? 20 week U/S. After that 27 weeks & 3rd trimester... then 34 weeks when the babies outside the womb survival hits 90% or whatever it is. 

Rants/Raves? No rants, just an IVF question. Anyone on here do IVF? My sister is doing it
    and she's in so much pain she can't do anything aside from go to work- anyone else have experience or know any suggestions of how I can help? 

GTKY- Any celebrity relations? No celebrity relations. I'm pretty boring! 

• @byrneme definitely not crazy! I remember being glad to see at my 20 week scan and the 24 week (she didn't cooperate the first time) how I'd see her kick on the screen and not feel all of them. Babies are still so small! I also have an anterior placenta which affects how much I can feel in the front even now. I feel her almost solely on the top and sides of the bump. It's nice to have that Doppler. And don't forget how much babies sleep too. I can't remember what point I stopped using the Doppler (mostly stopped--I've used it 3 or 4 times in the third tri), but you'll get the point where you feel baby more consistently and it helps. 

@KyCade3013 yay for your anatomy ultrasound! Excited to hear how it goes and whether you're team blue or pink! 
  • @HGRich  - yes! I had that exact thought yesterday. During my scan last week s/he was ALL over the place and I couldn't feel a thing. It is amazing how much rational it takes to overtake the irrational!

@KyCade3013 - I did IVF and didn't experience anything like that! What stage is she in? I could maybe offer some insight - feel free to PM me.
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • Thanks @byrneme . She is waiting for the egg implantation part and doing the shots to prepare / meds and said she's in a lot of pain. I will PM you. Trying to figure out ways I can help her emotionally too. I've had losses obviously and if I had a 3rd we would have done IVF. 

Update: I had my 20 week scan today!! Baby was healthy and perfect. Very relieved and excited. And ..... it's a girl!!!!  
    As @byrneme and @hgrich mentioned, baby moved around like crazy and the tech could barely get profile shots but I couldn't feel her though she was obviously moving. I've felt her a lot today, so I wonder if I only feel when she rolls over or makes big moves? Who knows, but I'll chalk it up to being early and relax a bit now. 

• @KyCade3013 yay! Congrats on the successful ultrasound, healthy baby, and baby girl! My baby girl also wouldn't hold still for profile shots. I wish I had a clearer look at what her face is like but I'll know soon enough! And yes! Glad you got proof that she's moving when you can't feel it too. It's so nice to know. Thanks for updating us!
  • That's great @KyCade3013! Savor these moments and, as people on this board have told me lol, refer back to them when your PGAL brain creeps in. It's great advice. I'll keep my eye out for your PM - happy to help where I can!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • How far along are you? 
    12w3d
    How big is baby? 
    A plum'
    Appointments coming up?
    We have another us tomorrow to check on the babe. 
    How are you feeling emotionally/physically?
    Ugh. Physically I'm feeling much better. But emotionally I'm going through u/s withdrawals and getting really bad anxiety. I'm obsessed with this pregnancy and cannot think of anything else. I am finishing school and have a 2yo so this is a huge distraction for a busy mom and student :( 
    What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?
    I just want to be able to feel the baby and have reassurance of it being really there 
    Rants/Raves/Questions:
    I thought I should show sooner with the second pregnancy and I wish I would already show just to feel better. 
    GTKY: Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? If not, who's your celebrity crush? 
    No famous relatives but my celeb crush is Theo James
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • How far along are you?  As of 3/29, I am 37 +5

How big is baby?  Last Thursday's scan showed 8lbs. 1 oz...lol big baby

Appointments coming up? Regular OB today, and Non-Stress Test on Friday

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I don't even know, ready for this baby to be out. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Holding him <3

Rants/Raves/Questions: N/A

GTKY: Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? If not, who's your celebrity crush? Celebrity Crush...Um, lets go with Matthew McConaughey. 
    DS1 - 9/18/12
    DD1 - 3/23/16 - Survived for 1 Hour; Forever my Angel
    Baby #3 - EDD: 4/14/2017

• CPR79CPR79 member
    How far along are you?  23w3d

How big is baby?  At our ultrasound last week, they estimated baby at 1 lb 5 oz.  

Appointments coming up? Regular checkup next week

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Finally starting to feel some movement, so that's good emotionally.  Although I'm sure the first time I'm expecting movement and don't feel it I'll freak out!  Physically I'm doing ok this week, random back pain and just uncomfortable in certain positions, but good overall. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Third trimester!

Rants/Raves/Questions: 
    Rave: We FINALLLY (on our 3rd scan) got all the pictures we needed and the all clear for the anatomy scan! Yay! 
    Rant: It was frustrating at the time, but now I don't know how to feel about the fact that that might be the last time we'll see the baby before it's born!
    Question: When did you take any birthing/breastfeeding courses?  My hospital prefers we want until after 28 weeks to even schedule them, but I'm an over-preparer, so I'd rather do them sooner!  But maybe it's better to wait?

GTKY: Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous? If not, who's your celebrity crush? Definitely not related to anyone famous.  And celebrity crush...hmm....I've always been a Ryan Reynolds fan.
  • @CPR79 we waited until 32 weeks to do our birthing class. I liked that because it was fresher in my mind! I actually remembered something very important that changed my labor experience. 

The instructor said, "there's a difference between pain and suffering" and this resonated with me as I had the labor pains for 12 hours. I just remembered her words, felt the physical pain, but didn't suffer mentally. I got through it! 
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • @CPR79 yay on the all clear for the a/s! And excited for you that you're feeling movement. And yes, you'll freak out again when you don't feel it. I still do! Lol. We took our childbirth class at 30 weeks.