August 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms Thread 3/27

How are you feeling today? Anything new to report?

***TW in Siggy***
Me: 34 / DH: 33
Married: Nov 2011
TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread 3/27

• Options
    Stupid diarrhea is back. 
  • Options
    Moody. My poor coworkers...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lightning crotch has started. Also having to pee a lot. I had the start of a bloody nose today too. Not loving that symptom as I've never ever had a bloody nose.
    On the morning sickness front, 6 days without puking! Most I've gone is 9 days so this is a good sign.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Kathryn0903 lightening crotch is no fun! 
  • Options
    Anyone else having pain in their tailbone? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @secicc12 I am not but I have definitely read around that other's do. Hope it eases up!

I am not having a little difficulty sleeping on my stomach. The end is near and it makes me so sad, it's my favorite way to sleep!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm slightly freaking out. I take my bp once a week to keep check. (I had high bp last pregnancy they ended up inducing.)
    I took it today and it was slightly high. So I tested for an hour and then retook it and it was higher! (151/96) 
    Now I'm going to call the nurse line. 

It cannot be high this early! Last time it got high around 33 weeks. 
  • Options
    @seccomb17 my tailbone/lower back hurts off and on. I've read it's totally normal and common

@belmont1785 I wonder if your bp was higher an hour later because you were focused and stressed about it. I would give more time in between testing. 

Anyone else have sore and swollen boobs?! All day mine have been aching and they seem huge (for me) all of a sudden. My body is definitely taking on a different shape at this point, almost 19 weeks.
  • Options
    Thanks. I've found a different bp cuff and now it's reading normal. Holy scare. Maybe the first one wasn't calibrated properly.
  • Options
    My boobs finally got the memo that I'm pregnant & they feel fuller this week. My areolas/nipples always get bigger & darker when I'm pregnant, and that's started (sorry if that's TMI). 

I said yesterday that my m/s was getting better, so naturally I spent all morning puking. *eyeroll*
  • Options
    @secicc12 I'm having pain in my tailbone, pelvis, and hips. Sleeping is not helping the situation at all. I'm hoping all of this expansion will make birth much quicker and smoother :open_mouth:
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    I mentioned this in my weekly ticker change, but holy allergy reaction Batman!

I missed taking my daily Claritin on Friday and ended up in a head to toe itchy rash that would return as soon as the Benadryl I took wore off. It finally went away this morning- but man this weekend sucked. 

I hate that some of you ladies are still experiencing some ms. Fingers crossed that clears up soon!
  • Options
    @secicc12 my tailbone hurts so bad too!!! Especially after being on my feet a lot! Not fun, but I just take it as my body is doing what it's supposed too! Warm Bath's help the most. 
  • Options
    I have varicose veins...in my vulva. I've had them with every pregnancy. Didn't bother me with my last, had one rupture and bleed with my first. I've now had one bleeding for a week, on and off. And now it's starting to hurt. Guess I'm getting an exam at my appointment tomorrow.
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've also got the tailbone pain. And I've just started having heartburn as well  :/
  • Options
    Yes!! The heartburn is awful @erindippity I have been doing tums and chewing gum. Apparently saliva neutralizes acid so gum helps. At my last dr appt, my dr said it was ok to take Zantac and that I could take either one or two pills a day as needed. Obviously check with your doctor first but mine was highly recommending it.
  • Options
    I have to pee every 30 minutes. When I workout, I have to go every 10 minutes! So annoying! Also, I randomly cry! I watched Zootopia and bawled.
  • Options
    Anyone having insomnia issues mixed with super vivid dreams/nightmares? I've had the most insane dreams/nightmares the past few nights and I seem to keep waking up at 3:11 a.m. Of course, I can't fall back asleep until a half hour before DH wakes up for work. Sigh...

Also, I feel the pain/struggle with the nipple situations gong on. I think I may soon be all aereola and no breast.
  • Options
    @megaroo42 I second insomnia. And this board has been painfully slow the past few days...
  • Options
    @Kudlica27 yes! I feel like all of the boards have been slow recently, but I have a feeling that once the weather stay nice we'll lose a lot of people to outside life. It just forces me down the rabbit hole of Instagram instead, haha!
  • Options
    Last night I got terrible back pain on my left side.  Unlike any pain I've felt before, and I'm used to back pain (had a nerve block a few years ago). I took tylonel and laid on a heating pad until bedtime.  Still hurts today.  It's kinda making me nervous because someone said something to me about back contractions :s
    Also, side sleeping is becoming painful on my hips.  I have a pregnancy pillow and everything.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 the side sleeping is the worst. It's what is keeping me up, because I'm just not comfortable with it at all
  • Options
    @a2003tiger I too have a lovely varicose vain on my vulva, wtf? I developed one while pregnant my first daughter but it did not make an appearance until way later on, ugh. I feel your pain :(
  • Options
    tova24 said:
    I have to pee every 30 minutes. When I workout, I have to go every 10 minutes! So annoying! Also, I randomly cry! I watched Zootopia and bawled.
    So, I got the "Your Best Pregnancy" book and it addressed this issue. Apparently you can train yourself not to pee. Like, I feel the need too when I'm working out (or even just walking), but if I sit down, the feeling goes away. According to the book, you can train yourself to go no more than once every two hours. You just have to remember that your bladder is smushed and that's why you feel the need so much more often, even though you don't actually need to go. 
    Don't take my word for it because I'm not a Doctor and it's just a book, ask your own Doctor. But, I think the constant peeing thing is super annoying so I'm trying the book's advice and just not going as often as I think I need to. You don't want to risk a UTI either of course. Also, supposedly Kegels help. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Leah821, ugh. It's such a pathetic pregnancy symptom. I mean,who would have thought? I'm in he way acting right room of my OB now. Ugh. At least mine isn't bleeding today. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Options
    +1 for the side sleeping pain. My hips ache constantly. It was the same with DD and stayed long after I had her. 

There is SO MUCH HAIR! My toes are hairy as ever right now and my belly is literally covered in dark fuzz. So gross.
  • Options
    @Leah821, my OB told me to try Preparation H! He said hemorrhoids are essentially varicose veins as well, so it's all the same thing. I bought some on my way home!
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

• Options
    Hello Ladies! I have been MIA for a while. I am married now :) and we are still short staffed at work and it's about to get busier! I have been focusing more on my pregnancy now since I don't have to divide my time b/w pregnancy and wedding. I have been getting wicked headaches everyday, thank goodness for medications! I also have heartburn but tums help with that. I am also getting a pregnancy pillow this week! I decided to get a snoogle. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Zantac 150 twice a day has become by very best friend. I can eat what I want when I take it! 

Anyone have a Linea Nigra yet? I don't yet, but I'm sooooo much bigger with the third than I was with my other two at this point, so I feel like I should have it...but I don't remember when it showed up with the last two.
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 turns out I have a UTI. Just my luck! Interesting theory though!
  • Options
    @jpearl2307congratulations!!!

So I typically have been feeling baby move sometime in the morning between 830 and 930, and again at night between 10 and 1030.  I will feel her for a good 5-10 minutes at these times.  Her little dance parties.  Well last night I didn't feel her and it's making me really nervous. I know we don't need to be counting kicks or anything just yet, but it was out of her pattern. I'm hoping I'll feel her this morning and get some reassurance everything is okay.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 Don't worry.. I've sometimes gone a day or two without feeling baby. She might have been moving around during the day and you missed it since it wasn't her typical pattern. I'm sure everything is fine!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    tova24 said:
    @DeansGirl14 turns out I have a UTI. Just my luck! Interesting theory though!
    Ugh that sucks, I'm sorry! Those are killer! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AdvoCyndi30 I have it. I've had it for weeks now. It gets darker by the week. Stm 
  • Options
    The crotch pain is starting. Not lightning vag, this is pelvic soreness and like I have been kicked in the crotch. I mostly feel it when I put on my shoes and turn in bed. It was bad last time. 
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 thank you! Have you looked into getting a heart beat Doppler? I'm a FTM and haven't felt my baby move yet so I'm not much help with that! But I think @secicc12 has some good advice! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NatSprat0703 I haven't felt my baby at all (STM.) I do use a doppler and that helps relieve my stress. (PGAL mama here.) I think it's fine that it's not consistent yet. There is a reason they don't have us count kicks till later in pregnancy!
  • Options
    Moody, not as sleepy but sleepy enough to fall asleep at the movies -_- 
  • Options
    @secicc12 @jpearl2307 @Kudlica27 thank yall!! I felt her move a little today, so I'm feeling better.  Guess she's not on as consistent of a pattern as I thought she was! I do have a doppler at home, and I guess thanks to pregnancy brain I completely forgot all about it and didn't even think to use it!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    +1 for needing to pee more, and the starting to lose my mind!
    I read a headline today on some site that was about some celebs blowout and all I could think was why a grown adult had a blowout. Took me like a whole minute to figure out they meant hair blowout, nothing to do with poop! Thank you pregnancy brain where everything must relate to babies.
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!