Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Weekly Check In - Week of 27th March

teebricteebric member
edited March 2017 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What are a few of your go-to resources for your 3rd tri to help you get ready for labour and beyond? Any blogs, vlogs, podcasts or websites that you follow, or books you’ve read? Share them!

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well!

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@Happydays13 EDD 4/5/17 with 2 girls
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with a little boy
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17 with a little girl
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with a little surprise bean
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17 with little boy
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17 with a little girl
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with a little boy
@pnw12rn EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@cato99 EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@kelrauh EDD 5/9/17 with boy/girl twins
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with a little girl
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with a little girl
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17 with a little boy
@JaneJane EDD with twin boys
@kdanjou EDD 6/19/17 with a little girl

Congratulations to the new mama’s last week! 

@pdbird had Ryan on March 22nd

@Rachnan had Lincoln Alexander March 20th

@2legbaby had Medora March 25th (??)

Wishing you the best of luck on this next stage of the journey! I’ve removed you from the list, but feel free to hang around and keep us updated. 

**TW**
Me & DH - 31
TTC since December 2011
Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                 21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                      ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                      Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                      EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

Re: 3rd Trimester Weekly Check In - Week of 27th March

• Welcome to another week.. as I was writing out the subject for this discussion I had to double check I had the date right... is it really the 27th March? I cannot believe that I am now 35 weeks along in this pregnancy. It feels like a lifetime ago that I was on these boards but over in the Infertility IVF thread and now I'm only a month away from meeting my little miracle! 

This last weekend I finally got stuck into the nursery. I'd been waiting for DH to finish up the painting and the sanding/oiling of the floorboards in the nursery. The furniture is all set up and I spent today organising the clothing in the dresser. I can't wait to have it all finished and put a photo up here to show you all, I'm really proud of how it's all come together. This week I'm getting the car seat installed and finishing up the packing of my hospital bag, which probably should have been done a few weeks ago. I'm also finishing up work on thursday, although I will be there for a few hours next week but in an unofficial capacity.

QOTW - I have been listening to a bunch of podcasts about the natural hormones produced during labour, this has supplemented my hypnobirthing classes and being a Human Biology student has been absolutely fascinating. I have also bought a couple of books (Happiest baby on the block, Childbirth without fear) but I am yet to crack a page. I'd love to hear any suggestions from you!
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily

• Good morning! We've made it to 30 weeks, which feels like an epic milestone! In less than 9 weeks I'll be induced and I can hardly believe that. I'm so excited (and a little impatient) to meet our baby girl!

This week is going to be a bit stressful/crazy. I'm only working M-W (with an over-booked schedule due to the shortened week) this week because I'll be at a conference all day Th-Sat. This conference is giving me all the continuing education I need to renew my LMFT license this year. I'm glad it's at a time when I can attend otherwise I would be scrambling trying to get my CEUs online (and I just don't do well in an online setting). Then next Sunday my sister is coming for a visit with my 2 and 4 year old nephews so this past weekend DH and I have been trying to get our house ready for them. They can be destructive and will get into things so we've been child proofing and putting breakables out of their reach.

My energy levels have really plummeted so I'm hoping I manage alright this week. I'm also not sleeping that well... lots of tossing and turning all night long and still getting painful carpal tunnel flare ups at times.

My next OB appointment is on Wednesday. In 2 weeks I start NST appointments and at that point I'll also be able to schedule my induction at the hospital! Looking forward to having a date on the calendar :)

QOTW: I haven't even looked at resources yet... I think part of the problem is that deep down I feel like there's at least a 50% chance I'll end up with a C-section. I"m not really sure where that feeling is coming from. I think that if at my 34 week appointment the baby is definitely head down and all looks good, I'll feel more confident in a vaginal birth. We do have our labor and birth education class scheduled for the weekend of April 22nd though. Want to be prepared just in case!

@teriulbricht Can't wait to see your nursery! Wow, 35 weeks, you're getting so close!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • I cannot believe it will be April this week! I am 31 weeks and 1 day with twins. Boy do I feel so pregnant. Last night was my second night with no sleep due to not being comfortable and mild contractions. I have one baby in my ribs and one very low. Which means one is making it hard to breath and the other is causing nerve, bladder and hip/back pain. I am so blessed to have made it this far but it is hard to imagine how big and uncomfortable I will be if by some crazy miracle I make it 6 more weeks to my c-section. 

My mom came and got the nursery most of the way set up. We have a few more things to do for it to be done but being on bed rest limits what I can do. 

QOTW: I haven't really done much reading or listening. Having been in labor for 36 hours already 4 weeks ago I am hopeful I can get to the hospital early enough to have a calm non-emergent c-section with out hours of strong labor..

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Hi Ladies! 

Finally joining the 3 tri board - can't believe it! Currently pregnant with twin boys, 28 wks + 6 days. Its almost surreal to think I'm getting close to the end of this part of the journey. I had a scare a couple weeks ago, thinking babies were coming early so I've been on semi-bed rest since then. I'm lucky to have an employer that is accommodating and I'm working from home now. There's the part of me that feels bad since co-workers have to pick up the slack on some aspects of my job I can no longer do...then again I've been on the other end so it is what it is. I recently had an ultrasound and the tech mentioned that I have a low lying placenta (I don't think she was technically suppose to tell me). I have an appointment w/ my OB this week. I'm guessing she'll confirm the low lying placenta. 

QOTW: What are a few of your go-to resources for your 3rd tri to help you get ready for labour and beyond? Any blogs, vlogs, podcasts or websites that you follow, or books you’ve read? Share them!   I don't have any thus far. I've googled items to take for my hospital bag but thats about it. Look forward to reading everyone's input. 
  • Hello!  I'm joining the 3rd tri this week also.  My EDD is June 19 with one little girl!
    I've been feeling ok, aside from some swelling and aches and pains.  It seems like I never drink enough water and I'm always dehydrated even though I try.  I have been sleeping ok, not great but not too terrible.  I have an appt this Wed.  Just a regular prenatal.  I need to ask the doc if the baby is head down.
    QOTW:
    I have been reading my what to expect and mayo clinic books like I did for my last pregnancy.  I also have happiest baby on the block and that book is pretty good.  I have the LLL book for breastfeeding.  I just read the VBAC companion book since I am planning to go for a VBAC.  I also skimmed some of the Ina May birth book but only the parts I thought might be useful for labor.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @teriulbricht Yay for getting to work on the nursery! I need to get to work on my hospital bag, too...

@wifeinraleigh28 Good luck at your conference this weekend! You can do it!!

@kelrauh So glad to hear that you are settling in at home and getting some help with setting the nursery up!

@JaneJane Welcome to third tri! I hope your OB can clear up whatever the low lying placenta might mean for you moving forward.

@kdanjou Welcome! I feel the same way with the water! I keep having crazy contractions, and my OB says to drink more water. But I feel like I'm drinking as much as I can without vomiting... It's a little crazy!

AFM, I am 34w3d today. There were a couple of evenings last week and then again last night when I started having lots of contractions pretty close together. My OBs say to lie down and drink 20 oz of water when that happens. It helped a little bit, but the contractions didn't go away completely. Most of them don't hurt, and they are not very regular. But they got as close together as about 3-4 min apart last night, which was a little bit alarming. I may call today just to see what they say. I'm trying to stay hydrated, but my continuing (still!!!) nausea makes it hard to keep my belly full of liquid all the time. I don't remember this happening when I was pregnant with DS. Anyone have experience with this?
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @teriulbricht @kdanjou I just finished reading Happiest Baby on the Block - I really liked it!

@BlueEyedDreamer I'm sorry you're still feeling nauseous!! 

@JaneJane WELCOME!

AFM - 37 weeks here! Can't believe it! I'm SO ready. Last night I sprained my ankle while walking the dog. My foot just slipped off the side of the sidewalk, and I went down like a ton of bricks! Luckily hubby was there to pick me up and then laugh with me! I landed on my knees, so no damage done to baby (THANK GOD)... just my poor, already swollen ankle! So I'm resting today. Hopefully it heals before I go into labor - I need to be able to put lots of pressure on it!

QOTW: Read Happiest Baby on the Block (recommended for learning how best to soothe baby) and "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" (recommended for learning sleep patterns in babies and young children). It's funny how 2 books can have such differing opinions. I'm just picking what I like from each book and going for it. We'll see how it turns out LOL. Also read "Expecting Better" which I found fascinating. Reading that book really helped me formulate a birth plan based on facts and data! I love the author's style - she presents the data and then lets the reader decide how to interpret. There's no "holier than thou" tone, which I really appreciated.

As for classes, I took a childbirthing yoga class (interesting...) and a breastfeeding class @ hospital (HIGHLY recommend). I'd say I'm prepared! :):)
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • Glad to see you ladies over here @JaneJane and @kdanjou!

@kelrauh Glad to hear you are still home and the babies are still cooking! I think about you all the time!

@BlueEyedDreamer That is a little scary about the contractions and I'm sorry you're still dealing with the nausea! I hope things get better for you soon and that the contractions stop!

@babylonghorn16 Wow, 37 weeks!! It's almost your time! I think I'm really mostly excited to hear if your baby is a boy or a girl when he/she finally arrives! (I think girl, for some reason :smiley:)

• @BlueEyedDreamer - I have contractions daily. If they don't hurt then I wouldnt worry much. Make sure your bladder is empty as that can cause them, lay on your left side and drink water. My doctor told me not to come in until I have contractions less than 8 minutes and they are so painful you have to breath through them and wont let anyone touch me. I'm assuming since you have one already you know that pain. I had it a few weeks ago so I know to go in at that point. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• Hi everyone, 35 weeks here as well.
    Had a rather eventful visit yesterday at my weekly check. So my stupid incompetent b** of a cervix is now dilated and opening up. The cerclage is all that is holding baby in. Yikes! So I am now on full bedrest because doc wants her to stay cooking until 37 weeks so we can fully avoid NICU and incubator. Which is of course our goal too! 
    The good news is that our girl is growing like mad. She is still 2 weeks ahead in size and clearly thriving. She gained half a kg in just one week (one full pound for all my american friends here :wink: ). 

@teriulbricht look forward to seeing your nursery pics! I must also pack my hospital bag. Anything you added that isn't on those "normal" lists? 

@cmm012 congrats on the arrival of your baby! Hope you get to recover from the eventful birth at home and enjoy the lil' one. 

@babylonghorn16 37 weeks! Wow! Almost there! 

@BlueEyedDreamer those contractions sound scary, but if you can still talk through them, they are not the real deal I have been told and what @kelrauh says makes sense too.  

@kelrauh so happy to keep seeing your updates and that things are well. We are incompetent cervix sisters, so I am routing for you!  

@wifeinraleigh28 30 weeks is a huge milestone. Good luck with your conference. I've been reading the Mongan Hypnobirthing book. I don't know yet if I believe in Hypnobirthing (although I've heard amazing things about it), but I do like that it gives you a lot of positive affirmations to keep in mind and work on - can't harm I guess to have some positivity infused before birth! 

welcome to @JaneJane and @kdanjou

QOTW: I have downloaded the Happiest Baby on the Block and will def read that. I also started the "baby whisperer" but it seems a bit rigid on scheduling. I sometimes think I should just throw all the books out the window, things will turn out totally different anyway!  
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @wifeinraleigh28 congrats on getting to 30 weeks! It feels so good to be at this end of the journey! Can I ask why you're being induced? As for this week it definitely sounds like its going to be crazy busy for you! Make sure you look after yourself! Good luck with the visit from the sister and nephews, sounds like it'll be a lot of fun! I hear you with the energy levels, make sure you don't overdo anything and I'm sorry to hear that you're still having troubles with the carpal tunnel. Are you worried about a c-section? Maybe after your classes you'll feel better? I know I do! And yes, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

@kelrauh yay! I get so excited each week you post and babies are still staying put! The babies positions sound so uncomfortable, for ages my little guy was quite low so I would feel all this pressure on my bladder and vagina and then he seemed to move up and then I got to experience the shortness of breath and the kicking of the ribs, I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like to have both of those feelings at the same time! Glad to hear you've been able to get started on the nursery, I bet that feels good! 

@JaneJane welcome to third tri, I'll add you to our list! Sorry you had a scare a few weeks ago, you are lucky to have such an understanding employer and I'm sure your co-workers understand also. Hopefully the OB will be able to tell you more about the low lying placenta at your visit this week. Also, can you let me know your EDD.

@kdanjou welcome to you too! I feel the same about water, I try to drink as much as I can, but it's never as much as I should be, I feel like it has a lot to do with not always being in close proximity to a bathroom. Don't be too worried if baby isn't head down yet, she has plenty of time (and room) to move around if need be, but it is always nice to have that reassurance. 

@BlueEyedDreamer I've been having stronger contractions and there's been a few days when there have been a couple that have been close together, but like you they are painless and mostly irregular. I guess our bodies are just gearing up for the real thing. Did they continue the next day? Oh you poor thing, still suffering from nausea. Mine stopped about half way through 2nd tri but I do know a few friends who had MS for their entire pregnancy, I do not envy them one bit. 

@babylonghorn16 you are so close! I am also very ready to have this baby, although he really should stay put for at least another couple of weeks. Like @wifeinraleigh28 I'm excited to find out whether you'll have a boy or a girl. Do you have any gut feelings about the gender, and what are most friends/family guessing? Glad baby is ok after your fall, but sorry to hear that your ankle didn't fair too well, hopefully it's not sprained too badly and heals quickly! There is so much conflicting information out there, I guess it's good to be informed and then when baby gets here see what works best, but at least you've got some ideas to work with. 

@cmm012 I'm sorry to hear the end of your pregnancy was rough. Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy and glad that you are both home now. Good luck with this next part of the journey! 

@flanners1 sorry to hear your cervix isn't cooperating well! Rest up and keep that little one inside for as long as possible! Holy moly, she is thriving!! As for the hospital bag, not sure if these are on the "normal" lists but I've added some flushable wipes (gentler than toilet paper), I will be taking my own pillow and I've added face cleansing wipes, moisturising cream and lip balm oh and a toothbrush for DH in case we labour overnight. If I think of anything else I'll let you know. Let me know if you come across anything else.
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• edited March 2017
    @cmm012 Hey lady, been wondering about you lately! I'm so sorry the end of your pregnancy was stressful, but omg congrats on your baby boy!! So glad to here that you're both doing well now. Would love to see a pic of the little guy if you are so inclined to share :wink: 

@flanners1 I'm sorry about the bedrest and that you're still having issues due to your cervix :( Thank goodness for that cerclage and the fact that you were able to catch this issue early enough! 2 more weeks, you can do this :smiley: Thanks for the recommendation about the hypnobirthing book! I will certainly check it out. I do feel like I need something to help ease me into the whole concept of being in labor.

@teriulbricht I'm being induced at 39 weeks because I have an autoimmune disorder (lupus) that gives me an increased risk of complications at the end of pregnancy. Chances are I would be fine, but my MFM doesn't want to take any chances, which I appreciate. I know that being induced can mean much more painful contractions, but on the plus side I imagine labor will go much faster (and I know it can be a LONG process with your first baby sometimes), and I'm also not at all opposed to getting an epidural. I would certainly prefer not to have a c-section, but it doesn't worry me too much if it does come to that. I know there are positives and negatives to both, and I know I can't really control it either way, so gotta just go with the flow (like the whole IF journey has taught me)!

I'm definitely thinking that I need to buy this Happiest Baby on the Block book after so many of you are saying that it's a good read!

• congrats @cmm012
    MC Sept 2010
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @wifeinraleigh28 I'm excited to know gender too! I'll be sure to update y'all ASAP!

@cmm012 CONGRATS!! Hope you and baby are doing well!

@flanners1 ah, sorry about the bed rest. You are almost there though!!

@teriulbricht Thanks! Ankle is already better today, and I'm back at work! I initially had a strong feeling it was a girl... then I spent the majority of my pregnancy thinking I was having a boy... now I'm leaning toward girl again. So in conclusion, I have no idea lol. Most people have said boy, although my mom thinks it's a girl. I was leaning toward boy just bc hubby's family is mostly boys (2 girls just recently!). The guessing has been pretty exciting!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @babylonghorn16 The anticipation of finding out the sex while you're in labor is going to be sooooo exciting!!! I've heard this is the best part about being team green! :)

• I'm 29 weeks today. He's the size of an acorn squash. I met with a second pediatrician this morning and I loved her. I meet with a third after work today and then I'll make my decision. I bought the paint for his nursery this weekend and my brother switched out the ceiling fan for me. I ordered some cloth diapers so every couple of days I come home to a cute little present. I'll get my last order tomorrow. I can't believe I'm getting closer to meeting him and I can't wait to meet him. 

Congrats to the ladies that have had their babies. They are adorable.
  • @cmm012 Congrats on the arrival of your baby boy! I'm sorry that it has been a stressful time and hope that being home will help you all to adjust into a nice, healthy routine. Wishing you the best with your little one!

@teriulbricht The contractions have eased up a LOT today. Thank goodness! I'm starting to realize that I think they are stress-related. But staying away from stress is easier said than done right now! I'm turning in the final draft of my dissertation this week - maybe things will get better after that?

@kelrauh So glad to see your latest update! Those babies are getting big and strong! Glad you got some good picture, at least of your little girl. And how exciting that you may get to choose between vaginal birth or c-section. So many choices are out of our hands - at least you may get to make that one! :) 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • Oh, and I keep forgetting to chime in on the QOTW! I read the What to Expect books (while expecting and first year). Those were good general knowledge and for trouble-shooting. There are SO MANY different approaches to feeding, sleep, etc. that I didn't really get into those books. Every baby is so different - if there were a true one-size-fits-all fix to these problems, then there wouldn't be so many books out there! Whenever I had trouble with sleep regressions and whatnot, I'd find resources online and try different approaches until I found one that I knew would fit our life and my baby. It's weird b/c I'm usually a huge planner, but when it came to a new baby, I took much more of a go-with-the-flow approach! 
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @wifeinraleigh28 you definitely don't want to risk any complications. I've just heard that some Drs don't like IVF babies going too far over their EDD so I was wondering if it was to do with that. I'm the same as you, open to whichever path as long as my baby and myself are healthy. 

@kelrauh glad to hear they've both turned and you were able to get a good view of both. 

@babylonghorn16 glad to hear your ankel is feeling better. I was thinking team pink for you but now I'm leaning towards team blue. We'll have to all chime in and vote hehe

@beckij34 sounds like you're getting organised! This part (third tri) of the journey has been the most rewarding and exciting for me. 

@BlueEyedDreamer glad the contractions have eased a little. I could imagine you're under a lot of stress with your dissertation! You must be exhausted! I know I am and I've cut my hours at work and have no dissertation to write. I hope you can ease up at some point. And yes, so much advice out there especially on the internet, I take everything I read with a grain of salt and then reckon I'll find what works for us as we go along
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• I'm here!! 28 weeks today with little girl due 6/20.  Its so weird to be here in the same place where you all are having babies!! congrats everyone!!

Everything was all fine and dandy up until the last couple weeks.  my OB was concerned that my BP was high on two occasions so she is going to treat me as if I have hypertension but no medication needed but I do get an extra u/s at 34 weeks to measure her size.  Then last week I failed my 3 hr glucose.  I met with an RN who pretty much gave me my monitor and a sheet of paper with a "sample" meal plan day with no real instructions.  It was overwhelming and frustrating and so many tears over a few days last week.  I have since come to terms and have been pretty successful with my numbers so far even just "winging it"  I do get to meet with a nutritionist next Thursday which seems so far away.  Other than all of that we are piecing everything together like deciding on pediatrician and day care and all the other fun stuff.

QOTW: really TB is where I am gaining the most information.  I started What to expect and got bored since I knew most of what I was reading from my research during IVF/IF 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hello @rmarble23 welcome to 3rd tri! Sorry to hear about your GD, I guess all you can do is trial and error to see what works for your body and meeting up with the nutritionist will help give you some ideas. With the BP I suppose it's better to be on the safe side and have extra monitoring plus an extra scan is always nice! Can you let me know you're EDD so I can add you to the list. Thanks! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @kelrauh Great news about your scan and the babies being head down! How wonderful that they're growing so nicely too.

@rmarble23 Hey there, so sorry the last few weeks have been stressful :( Why can't everything just go smoothly after all we go through to get KU in the first place? I hope the 3rd trimester won't be too bad for you!

@teriulbricht I haven't heard that about IVF babies, but apparently most of our doctors do take extra precautions (like with the fetal echo) so I guess I'm not surprised! Oh, and @rmarble23 's EDD is 6/20 :)

• **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @rmarble23 Welcome to third tri! Sorry to hear about the GD diagnosis. I hope that the nutritionist can help you to get some more guidance and reassurance about what is going on. 

@wifeinraleigh28 I was induced at 39 weeks with DS, who was an IVF baby. The reason was the higher risks of late losses with IVF babies. I'm with a different OB now (we moved), and the plan is again to deliver at 39 weeks due to higher risks of complications with IVF deliveries the longer the pregnancy lasts. I assumed that was why you were being induced at 39 weeks, but I guess you have two good reasons to do so!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @BlueEyedDreamer I've never heard anything about late loss the longer the pregnancy lasts. Kind of makes me nervous. Sometimes I think my ob is not really prepared to handle ivf pregnancies. Felt like I got pregnant and my RE was just like "okay, bye!" without informing me of all the risks associated. So now I'm too late in the game to really do anything but ask. *sigh*

@rmarble23 sorry you've been dealing with all of that! I hope you find someone to help you out with the GD.

AFM - been very hormonal lately. Hubby isn't too happy with me. I'm not sure if he realizes the stress my body is under right now. Of course I'm not going act like myself whenever I feel the FARTHEST from myself right now. Lots of new, awful symptoms keep showing too, so I'm just in a horrible mood. Also freaking out about delivery, baby's health, and how DIFFERENT our lives are going to be very very soon. Prob haven't done the best job at communicating all of these feelings. Anyone else dealing with this? Any advice on how to communicate how difficult this is to a hard-headed man? (please no, "oh my hubby is GREAT, so i don't have any advice"... I can't handle that kind of response right now)
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @babylonghorn16 I'm sorry if I added to your worries! I don't think it's too late to talk to your doctor about this if you have questions. With DS, I scheduled my induction less than a week before it happened. The main thing I've heard is that doctors will not let you go past your due date with an IVF baby, so it's definitely not too late to discuss your options.

ALSO, I can totally relate to you on frustration with your hubby. I've been so stressed, hormonal, and tired lately - I think I'm driving him nuts. But I think he's driving me nuts, too!! I think the anxiety about all the upcoming changes are particularly hard when it's your first child, too. I definitely have worries about how to balance DS1 and DS2, but I with your first everything is so unknown! I remember feeling so lost and trying to talk to my husband about it, and having him just COMPLETELY not get it. I'm not sure that there is a way to make them understand, but I will say that after the baby arrived, things gradually got a lot better. I still had a lot of worries, but at least he understood them more once DS was here. I think it's just not as "real" for them until there is an outside-baby to take care of...
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    DS1 born 2/14

April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    DS2 born 4/17
  • @babylonghorn16 - I am on the same page with DH. I am in panic mode for everything and I dont sleep. I told DH this morning that I wish they were here so that he could help take care of them and take on the stress and he got mad at me and said he does a lot. I just laughed. He now caught a cold today and he acts like he is dying. He just got home from work and asked me to get him medication then said he is hungry and our house needs to be clean. I didnt even respond to that because I am having contractions, and I'm supposed to be on bed rest. I think that trumps his stupid cold. I think men dont get it.... I hope I didn't just rant too much haha

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• Oh same over here, exhausted, hormonal, carrying this extra weight, hardly sleeping cos you can't get comfortable. My DH has been a bit short fused lately so when I've been complaining or I say something wrong he is really quick to get defensive or jump down my throat. Oh men... 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @babylonghorn16 Ugh, I'm sorry you (and the other ladies) are dealing with this added stress right now. I do feel the stress levels rising in our household, but being that I'm only 30 weeks currently I don't think we've quite reached where you other ladies are at. I'm prepared for it to get there though! I'm particularly worried about how my DH will handle being sleep deprived, both when we're in the hospital and after we take the baby home. He turns into a baby (for lack of a better word) when he is sleep deprived, and I don't think I'll be able to handle that when we have a newborn here! I've been a bit worried about that. All we can do is do our best to communicate our feelings as openly and honestly as possible, without being accusatory (because let's face it, that approach doesn't work on anyone but especially husbands, lol). I know, easier said than done when you're already feeling so emotional and overwhelmed. Timing is everything too. We don't want to have these conversations when we're already feeling heated. Best to wait until everyone is in a calmer state.

Having a baby is a very stressful, HUGE life change and relationship issues are bound to arise. We are not alone in this. But we've gotten this far (what with IF and all), and we can get through this as well.

• @wifeinraleigh28 ergh men! Ha! Is he taking time off when baby comes also? I'm fortunate that my DH can survive on little sleep, but he's also a deep sleeper and I reckon even if he wakes to baby at night he'll have no trouble falling straight back to sleep once he's checked I'm all ok. 

@PNW12RN glad to hear your shower went well and the henna is beautiful! Such a nice thing to have done to celebrate! But I am sorry to hear about your low amniotic fluid, I'm hoping all the checks from here out are well within the normal range. Hoping your cold disappears soon, 5! That's insane! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• I had my ultrasound yesterday and he looks huge, lol. He weighs 3.4lbs (I know it's a guesstimate) now. I'm 29+2 weeks. He's still breech and from what I've read online I believe he's footling breech. He still has fluid in his right kidney but the tech couldn't say if it was better or worse then last time. I'll find out all the particulars at my OB appt next week. Has anyone had any experience with a breech baby? My mom found all these exercises for me to do to help him turn but idk if that stuff actually works or not. Other than his kidney and being breech he looks great and kept kicking me the whole time. 
  • @beckij34 - both of mine were breech until this week (31). They are both head down now. I read they normally will move on their own by 32 weeks. 

**Trigger warning**

MFI (3% morphology) 

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762

• @BlueEyedDreamer thanks for the advice/reassurance on induction. I really wanted to go into natural labor, but I'll do anything to ensure this baby is healthy. Another question to ask my ob tomorrow! About hubby - yes, I think that once baby is here it will finally be "real" for him. He just doesn't get it yet! Thanks for your kind words!

@kelrauh men can revert to children so quickly whenever they are sick! My hubby does the SAME thing. Like, really?! Reminds me of The Office when Michael burns his foot and Dwight has a concussion... they are at hospital and Michael keeps asking the doctor whether a foot injury or head injury is worse (LOL) and then he tries to put his foot in Dwight's MRI machine. Ahhh all you can do is laugh sometimes! Hope he gets well soon! ;) Thank you for relating.

@teriulbricht I feel ya! Men sometimes... ugh. :)

@wifeinraleigh28 stress levels DEFINITELY have peaked around here lol! We talked it out a little last night... just hard because I find that IM actually the one who has a hard time communicating. I just HATE complaining and using pregnancy as an excuse all the time... I know it's a good excuse, but I just find it hard to express how I'm feeling without sounding like a victim. I know things will be okay, it's just been a little tough. Hope y'all get through without many bumps!

Thanks to all of you for relating and making me feel like less of a loser for having some relationship stress. We're in the home-stretch now!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Thank you everyone for your well wishes!  I hope all of you continue to have healthy pregnancies!
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • @beckij34 My DD was breech.  She never turned on her own and I had to have a c-section.  I tried a couple of the excersizes you read about but they were so uncomfortable (who want to lay upside down with feet in the air?) that I decided it wasn't worth it.  Another option is to request an external version.  They do them around 36 weeks I believe.  It is when the doctor tries to turn the baby by pressing on your belly from the outside while monitoring the baby for distress.  I decided that sounded too dangerous/painful after researching it, but some women find that it works.  I kept hoping she would turn on her own at the last minute but it never happened.
    MC Sept 2010
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • @beckij34 my friend's baby was breech at 36 weeks, but by week 37 she was head down! I think you have plenty of time for that baby to turn! Here is an interesting site I found that may help ease your worries and give you plenty of knowledge on how to flip a breech baby! (caveat: make sure to check w/ health provider before doing any of the exercises!) Good luck!!

https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/baby-positions/breech/flip-a-breech/
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Thanks ladies!!! I've known since my 20w anatomy scan that he was breech but didn't worry too much about it because I figured he'd turn at some point. Now that I'm going in to my 30th week it's like "ok, kid let's get it together". I was on spinning babies this morning and saw the exercises they mentioned. I don't know if I'd want the doc to do an external turn because it does sound painful @kdanjou. Nice to know I've still got time for him to move his butt, lol.