Pregnancy that seems almost impossible?!?! — The Bump
1st Trimester

Pregnancy that seems almost impossible?!?!

Hi! I have two healthy kiddos and my husband and I decided we were done having children. I have been getting my period every 27-30 days the last few months so seemed pretty normal. Last period was Feb 17 and we had sex March 13 or 14, which was a few days before I expected my period. Those were the only nights this month I'm sure of it bc I was traveling for work! 
I took a test yesterday and almost fell over when it came up positive right away! I don't even know how this is possible unless I ovulated on day 24/25 of my cycle? If I did I can't imagine this baby will stick as I read it's not enough time in luteral phase? Has anyone had anything happen like this before and actually had a healthy baby born? Seems like most in this case end in miscarriage :(
Holding out hope, but still don't even know how I could get pregnant a few so late into my cycle?!

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Re: Pregnancy that seems almost impossible?!?!

• Hi! I have two healthy kiddos and my husband and I decided we were done having children. I have been getting my period every 27-30 days the last few months so seemed pretty normal. Last period was Feb 17 and we had sex March 13 or 14, which was a few days before I expected my period. Those were the only nights this month I'm sure of it bc I was traveling for work! 
    I took a test yesterday and almost fell over when it came up positive right away! I don't even know how this is possible unless I ovulated on day 24/25 of my cycle? If I did I can't imagine this baby will stick as I read it's not enough time in luteral phase? Has anyone had anything happen like this before and actually had a healthy baby born? Seems like most in this case end in miscarriage :(
    Holding out hope, but still don't even know how I could get pregnant a few so late into my cycle?!

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

Your cycle is normal until it isn't. Stress and even travel can cause you to ovulate later.

As for your luteral phase, I could be wrong but I think that has more to do with the length of time the egg has to be fertilized or implant. If you already have a bfp, it should have no effect on your pregnancy. Congrats and good luck!
    ME: 33  DH: 33 DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
    mmcgarritySaphireSweetie88vrj0522mrs_tacos
  • Loading the player...
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure what you nean by saying not enough time in LP? If you had sex on the 13th or 14th and had a positive test on the 25th, then that's plenty of time to have ovulated and gotten a positive pregnancy test. And I don't know where you got your mc probabilities from but they are wrong. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

wabash15
  • Well unfortunately, reading articles on the internet are not helping me as I believe a lot of may not be proven from the points you are making. In between my two children I had to very late ovulating cycles that both ended in miscarriages so I may just be projecting from the previous experiences as well. Thank you ladies for your honest feedback. At this point there is not much I can do but hope all works out in the end. Thanks again!
  • Late ovulation has nothing to do with your luteal phase. Your luteal phase doesn't usually change much (is usually between 12-16 days) and is set off by ovulation. 

If you indeed did ovulate around March 13-14 and if you had not been pregnant your period would have likely been late. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore