Babies on the Brain
Options

Randoms - March 26

It has been so quiet in here this weekend! Where are all of you hiding? 

Have anything you are looking forward to this week?
Anything you are dreading?
Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished?
Anything else you would like to share?

Re: Randoms - March 26

• Options
    It might sound lame but that it will be April. Another month closer to TTC and summer :)
    My next class for grad school. I read the syllabus over the weekend - I think he has lost his damn mind.
    Get my workouts in, finish up a quiz, my evaluation paperwork for work, and prep for crazy's class.
    I hope everyone has a great week!
  • Options
    Sadly, no.  
    Having to go back to work! I've been out of the office for the better part of two weeks and I don't miss it at all. Haha
    Work projects, need to get our law care group back out, get new prints for our photo wall in the living room, etc. 
    I'm getting super anxious about having our daughter's birthday party at our house in a couple weeks. Our contractor was supposed to have our new kitchen cabinets/counters in last week but we haven't heard anything. We've been waiting since January and he's been really flaky lately. He also promised to have his carpenter install the new playset to replace the one that was destroyed. We really need it done this week in time for the party but I'm losing hope that it will be and it is stressing me out. 

Also, this mobile app is really frustrating! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @notthefather - Yes! I only lurk and love tit usually when I am on mobile because posting is such a pain. Normally I bump on my iPad.
    Ugh! I hope your contractor gets it together. That is really frustrating :(
  • Options
    Thanks @glitzandglitter, I'm unusually grouchy today  :(

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    I can't believe it is almost April! @notthefather fingers crossed that things start to come together for you this week!

Have anything you are looking forward to this week? Nothing special, were having some friends over next weekend so we need to get out house in shape and figure out what food were going to make and all that jazz! 

Anything you are dreading? Work is probably going to be really busy this week. I see a lot of working early/late in my future!

Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished? I really would like to workout 3x but totally see myself pushing it off if work is busy.

Anything else you would like to share? I'm going to take a nap riiiiight meow.
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - Enjoy your nap! I am the queen of excuses when it comes to working out :/
  • Options
    Naps are my very favorite thing  <3 hope you have a good one! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    So TB gods were here to close a post but couldn't manage to pin our intro post...

• Options
    So TB gods were here to close a post but couldn't manage to pin our intro post...

I noticed that, too. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    I thought the same thing!!
  • Options
    @notthefather - Hopefully you get some work done in your kitchen this week! 

@glitzandglitter - Good luck with your crazy class. You can do this!

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses - Sounds like you have a sweet weekend coming up!

Not really, I'm looking forward to a new month and nice weather! 

Anything you are dreading? Work, it's going to be busy this week, but it will make the week go by quickly. 

Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished? I want to beat this cold. 

Anything else you would like to share? Not really, I'm feeling pretty blah right now. But I got my backyard prepped for spring. So the next couple of weekends we need to build some raised beds to start gardening.  
  • Options
    Ugh...I'm at the dentist to get fillings done. I haven't had fillings done in years. The shots sucked, but the numbness feels funny, haha. Hoping the numbness goes away before I have to work in two hours!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    Ugh, I'm so sorry @CecilB93! Dentist are my least favorite thing in the whole world. I'm the kind of person who has to get knocked out to go to the dentist. UGH! Hope you feel better!

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @notthefather I've never really minded the dentist, just not liking the numbness, haha. At my cleaning a couple months ago though they said they wanna remove my wisdom teeth :/ so whenever that happens it won't be fun.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @glitzandglitter As far as the TB gods...looks like things haven't changed much since I was last here.

Have anything you are looking forward to this week? Nope, super crazy work week

Anything you are dreading? My super crazy work week

Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished? I'd love to have another real conversation about TTC w/ DH. I feel like he can bring it up whenever he is thinking about it, but when I do he freaks and I feel like I'm just pressuring him.

Anything else you would like to share? Dh busted me...LOL. I came into our room to find him looking at my phone (this isn't that unusual. we use whatever phone is closest), and he found my baby name list and joked that I already downloaded Fertility Friend app. At least he laughed and didn't freak out. That's a good sign. 

• Options
    Anything else you would like to share? Dh busted me...LOL. I came into our room to find him looking at my phone (this isn't that unusual. we use whatever phone is closest), and he found my baby name list and joked that I already downloaded Fertility Friend app. At least he laughed and didn't freak out. That's a good sign. 
    This reminds me - Who all's SO know that they play on TB?? Mine doesn't! He'd make fun of me for sure. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    DH knows I frequent message boards, but he doesn't specifically know which ones or if I am or how active I am. I reference things I read from "the boards" before. He thinks I have a one track mind when it comes to babies...maybe :blush:, so he'd just roll his eyes.

• Options
    DH knows I'm on the bump daily. When he first found out I was back on the bump, I told him how nice it was to have other ladies to chat with about TTA, all he replied was, "fair enough". I think he was worried at first because he thought I would want to push our TTC start date up.
  • Options
    Oh mine knows. I was on it daily while pregnant last time, and I already told him I lurk TTGP and BOTB, haha. One day I would read off names to him from birth announcements so we could figure out names we like (FFC or laugh at some crazy/weird ones!). He doesn't get freaked out by that stuff, it's when he thinks about me wanting to actually try that he shuts down. But he's generally okay with it.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @ChloandCoco - Thanks :) I just wish if they were going to go this crazy with papers and projects that it was over the summer because then I would have more time to work on it.
    @CecilB93 - Ugh! The dentist :( For what it's worth I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years back and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I waited as long as I could to have it done, but one finally chipped/broke so there was no more avoiding it.
    @Livingthedream - YES!!! I could have written you exact post. My DH doesn't like talking about it either but I want a concrete date of for sure when we will stat TTC. In the past he's been vague and gets freaked about the logistics and cost of adding another kiddo.
    @notthefather - My DH knows. He doesn't mind that I am on the bump although I am sure he thinks I spend waaaayyyy to much time on it. It was really a lifesaver for me when I was TTC and pregnant with DS2 because we were in a new state and I didn't really know anyone. My BMB made a FB group and we still post everyday. I think my DH likes the TB because it saves him from having to talk about TTC and all the millions of thoughts that pop into my head at any given moment.

• Options
    @glitzandglitter Good luck with your class!
    @notthefather Does your contractor have a completion date in the contract? Hopefully he'll get it done in time!
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses Enjoy your get together!
    @ChloandCoco Feel better! Colds are definitely not fun :(
    @CecilB93 I hope the dentist went well for you. My DH and I have to go back to ours, we just have to decide what work we actually want them to do.
    @LivingTheDream I hope he calms down so you guys can discuss it :( I felt like that for a while with my DH, but he finally got with the program. Now it's just medical stuff keeping us from trying.

My DH probably doesn't know I'm on this board, but that's because I just joined it a couple of days ago and couldn't post until today (very strange rule, imo). We had a list of baby names on my phone, but lost it when I had to do a complete restore, so he definitely knows it's on my mind. It's on his, too, so it's not just me. But yeah, this is bookmarked in a folder named "Babeh" and he uses my laptop, so it wouldn't surprise me if he looked at it.

Have anything you are looking forward to this week? A couple friends of ours just had a baby, so we're going to go see them tomorrow! I'm also seeing my pain management doctor again on Thursday, so hopefully he'll change my meds to something that does more than just makes me tired >.<
    Anything you are dreading? Honestly, the pain management appointment. I'm not sure if I'll be getting another steroid shot, but DH won't be there with me this time because he has to work. Oh, and our temps are going up. The AC in my car doesn't work. Yes, I know it's only the end of March, but I live in Florida.
    Goals for the week - What do you hope to get accomplished? I've been trying to get some things done around the house, and I'd like to get it done. We also have some stuff we need to drop off at Goodwill, so hopefully we'll do that tomorrow before we go see our friends and their baby. At some point soon, I want to start transferring recipes from notebooks and magazines and loose recipe cards to a binder so that they're not just floating around.
    Anything else you would like to share? Just that I'm going crazy being stuck at home. I haven't been at work in over a month thanks to my back, and I'm running out of things to do. We went to Joann the other day to see if I could find one of those "learn to crochet" kits and apparently they're all online-only.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I agree, I think that is a strange rule as well.

Welcome and I hope you can get your pain under control.

• Options
    @dreamscapes_ : Good luck at the doctor! I hope you are able to find something that relieves your pain but also gives you good quality of life.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    I am giving standardized tests this week. There is literally zero to look forward to with that. I guess I am looking forward to the first round being done, so I can celebrate with my kids who pass, but dreading the broken hearts of those who didn't.

oops. I covered that in the above question. 

We are getting a fence built this weekend, so I am hoping to get my planter pretty, again, for the last time, since the cows will no longer be able to eat my plants! 

I feel awful. I'm pretty sure someone took a razor blade to my throat. Teacher guilt is a real thing. DW wanted me to call in today, but I couldn't bring myself to because it's testing week. When people say it is easier to come to work sick than make sub plans, they aren't exaggerating. 
  • Options
    @easttxmamas - My husband says the same thing about subs! He hates calling in and will go to work sick because it's too much work to get a sub. His current school is a little bit better. At his last school he actually had to find the sub himself! If he was going to be out he had to be the one to call the sub list to arrange it. It was absurd. I hope you feel better today and I'm sorry that system sucks so bad. 
    I don't mean to laugh at your pain but the cow and the planter thing kind of makes me giggle because it reminds me of my grandfather and his garden sagas. Hope you get it worked out and can plant one more, final time.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    easttxmamaseasttxmamas member
    edited March 2017
    @easttxmamas - My husband says the same thing about subs! He hates calling in and will go to work sick because it's too much work to get a sub. His current school is a little bit better. At his last school he actually had to find the sub himself! If he was going to be out he had to be the one to call the sub list to arrange it. It was absurd. I hope you feel better today and I'm sorry that system sucks so bad. 
    I don't mean to laugh at your pain but the cow and the planter thing kind of makes me giggle because it reminds me of my grandfather and his garden sagas. Hope you get it worked out and can plant one more, final time.

I got stuck in the box! :(

@notthefather: we are supposed to find ours before we put it into our absence system, but if we don't then our receptionist will. 

The cow thing will be funny once they cant get to them anymore. They have eaten 2 petunias and 1 daisy. At least they are just eating the flowers off of the Rose bush, not the actual plant. 
  • Options
    @easttexasmomma - Ugh! I can so relate I will not miss unless I am actually dying because sub plans are a pain!
    I hope you feel better soon!

@dreamscapes_ I think they added that rule a few years ago. I am not 100% sure why they added it but I think it is an attempt to force people to lurk and read a little before posting. It also seems to have cut down on the 'am I pregnant' posts because people that have been around should know better and new people that have to wait 3 days have hopefully figured it out and no longer want to ask or went somewhere else without the waiting period and asked there.
    Also, have you tried YouTube for how to crochet videos?
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter: seriously. Unless I am throwing up, I am there...and even that is sometimes debatable. I have almost zero voice at this point and I will still be there with bells on tomorrow. Ugh. 
  • Options
    Well, it's almost over, haha, but I'm looking forward to taking DD to a local farm for their pre Easter festivities!  They have an Easter bunny and animal races and it should be really cute and fun.  Also, ordering our new elliptical this weekend!  Cannot WAIT.

Not really, just getting through a kinda boring work day.

I have a ton of weekend goals.  I took a break from finishing my novel to try to finish a script for a contest with a May 1st deadline, so I'm kind of under the gun.  I need to finish the first act this weekend, ideally get a little bit into the second act and revise my 2nd and 3rd act outlines.  Also, we're in the midst of a slow redecorating of our apartment so we're looking to get 4 shelves up.  All that plus normal chores and the Easter farm thing means it should be a fun but busy weekend!  

There was an outbreak of hand, foot mouth in my daughter's daycare class and she didn't get it!  Thank GOD because she is just getting over her really bad ear infection and I was dreading her having back to bad sicknesses.  Out of her class of 8, 5 kids got it, so we feel really lucky she's in the clear!
  • Options
    @maureenmce - Sounds like a fun weekend :) You got lucky for sure! Hand, foot, mouth is a pain!
  • Options
    @maureenmce thank goodness she didn't get it!!!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @maureenmce I'm glad she didn't get it!
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    Thanks guys!! I am SO relieved. :)
  • Options
    Whew, what a relief @maureenmce! Glad you dodged hat bullet. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @maureenmce - your dd is so lucky!