May 2017 Moms

Weekend Chatter 3-25 & 3-26

Whats happening this weekend ladies? 
April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weekend Chatter 3-25 & 3-26

• @BabyMC517 good luck today. I hope all goes well with the move.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Loading the player...
  • @BabyMC517 good luck with the move and take it easy. 
  • @BabyMC517 good luck with the move!! Take it easy :)

no grand plans this weekend. I've come down with a horrible cold so I'll be laying down all day, well that is until DD demands a snack or lunch! 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• @0408Bear I am a UK grad and fan!  Go cats!  Also my family is living in Knoxville and my sister is a UT grad ;). Good luck on your kick counts. Hope they go well and your swelling improves.  
  • @vrj0522 that's exciting! I'm still working on finishing my freezer meals up but it feels so good to have that task checked off my list.

@kns1988 yes, the costumes! That really stood out to me too. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @0408Bear and @rkstro2 Go Cats! I wore one of H's UK shirts last night--first time I've EVER worn one, don't tell my family--and cheered loud the whole game while he slept on the couch ;) Tomorrow should be exciting!
  • I am going to be traveling for the next two weeks straight--two four-day trips on my own for fieldwork (flying), split up by a four-day trip with H to go 8.5 hours home for our shower (driving, ugh). I'm a bit worried about the trips on my own in case something happens, but I'll be staying with some friends and my doctor didn't seem worried. It's going to be exhausting, so I'm hoping to get some rest this weekend and get as much baby stuff done as I can, since I won't be able to do that until April 8 now...eek!
  • @jayandaplus how far are you planning on hiking? I'm impressed that you're still getting out there! I feel guilty because I'm a big hiker normally and I haven't done it since the first trimester (I mean, it's also been winter here). 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @jayandaplus Your weekend plans sound wonderful! I'm sorry you had such a bad dream last night :/ but hopefully you'll forget all about it with all of the fun stuff you have going on!
  • Hubs' parents stopped in our area on their way home from Florida, so my weekend is SHOT. DS did warm my heart last night at dinner by asking for MY mom when his mom tried to pick him up! (I may or may not ONLY work with him on saying my mom's name.) I'm headed to the Rhea Lana pregnant-pre-sale this afternoon and hoping to find some nicer clothes for summer (and *wishful thinking* maybe a double stroller!). 
  • @emilyalso has you DH parents done something wrong? Maybe you've mentioned and I've forgotten. If they haven't I don't understand the reasoning behind you comment of being happy he asked for your mom and that you don't work on all the grandparents names. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am meeting a friend for lunch today. Then tomorrow I'm going to go to the beach with a couple of my friends while DH hangs out with DD. I can't wait for some much needed relaxation with the sun and the sand. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @emilyalso has you DH parents done something wrong? Maybe you've mentioned and I've forgotten. If they haven't I don't understand the reasoning behind you comment of being happy he asked for your mom and that you don't work on all the grandparents names. 
    Yeah. I honestly can't stand my ILs. They have made so many poor choices. I still make sure DD knows them. We make them gifts and talk about them, and I show her pictures. They are supposed to come out for Christmas this year, and I hope they do so DD and DS will be able to build a relationship with them.
  • @0408Bear Oof, sorry you had to go into the hospital. Hopefully everything continues to look up.

@MrsCPALeslie I hope you have a great shower tomorrow!

@BabyMC517 Good luck with the move, and take it easy!

My weekend is a bust. My cold just keeps getting worse. I've spent my morning so far just dripping liquids from my face...my nose, my eyes, I'm just a mess. After I tried to make some lunch and ended up on the kitchen floor crying cause I was too tired and I couldn't see out of my runny eyes, and I had to stop every minute to blow my nose, H finally went to go get me some meds. I was trying to avoid it, but I'm clearly not improving on my own. I'm probably spending my weekend on the couch.
  • @jayandaplus - I am sorry you had such a bad dream. I hate those!

Speaking of ILs, I love mine but I also love that they live in a different state. I feel bad that our kids are the ones that see them the least out of all the grandkids because they really are nice people but my mil can be controlling so it's good that there's a good distance between us.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @jayandaplus you're lucky you live somewhere you can hike this time of year. June is usually the earliest I can get out around here without being knee-deep in snow. 

@emilyalso good luck with the IL's and with shopping this weekend! Fingers crossed you find that stroller.

@starphish18 I'm so sorry. Big creepy Internet hugs! Being that sick is awful. Hopefully the mess help and you get a chance to relax today.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @L1C4gal good luck on the traveling. I cannot handle more than 3.5 hours so kudos to you. 

@MrsCPALeslie Have a fantastic shower! I hope you get lots of goodies and get to see some friends and not family. 

@0408Bear  I'm glad to hear that they sent you homemade and everything was good. Take it easy and use the kick counts as an excuse to relax. 

We got our completion discounts so last night bought everything from amazon and babies r us. I can't wait to get the mail tomorrow and Monday which is when everything from amazon will come. This weekend we are cleaning all the stuff and organizing but otherwise relaxing. Hoping DH will change my snow tires to summer. Lazy rain weekend. 
  • Another freaking migraine for me. So over these dang things. Also still dealing with constant menstrual type cramping, low back pain, etc. trying to drink lots of water and rest today. 41 days of pregnancy left for me...and I honestly can't wait to be done 
  • @BabyMC517 Moving sucks but glad you have lots of good help around you!

@MrsCPALeslie Have fun at Your baby shower tomorow!

@0408Bear FX all is good! 

@vrj0522 have fun with your freezer meals!

@starphish18 hoping those meds kick in and you feel better soon!

I'm working today, but our OR schedule looked pretty light last night so I'm hoping to finish up some stuff for the Bridal shower I'm throwing tomorrow. Then, it's my last week of full-time /regular work...woo! Last night was super challenging as baby boy is really low and was favoring my right side stretching me beyond belief! Ay-yay-yay! I guess it also doesn't help when i ate a regular sized meal vs a sized down meal for dinner.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited March 2017
    @BeachMommy2B - I feel like 'not getting along with your MIL' is not a new or shocking paradigm. From claiming not to have time to help plan her part of our wedding, to making comments about my weight and what I wear, to blatantly disregarding instructions (basic ones, not picky ones) when I have left DS with her... she just hasn't earned a spot as one of my favorites. (Also ETA: Remember your sunscreen! I can't imagine the discomfort of a burn on top of regular pregnancy discomforts. :s )

ETA: @starphish18 - You may know this, but Sudafed can have a stimulant effect, so I would be cautious about what time you take it! When I've been sick, I've taken that in the morning and something like Benadryl at night to help dry me up (and ensure good rest!). 
  • @emilyalso Wow, she sounds like a peach! I, nor my H, would be having any of that.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Oh man @mrsrep123 that's a tough one! No advice, but good luck! And congrats!

@starphish18 Sorry you're so sick! Thinking about you!
  • @jayandaplus, @starphish18, @Jens_Hoes thanks! Yes, I think before the shower too because I do not want to be portrayed as sneaky. I'm throwing a Bridal shower for one of our co-workers tomorrow AND going on modified duty after this next week so timing should work out.

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• @mrsrep123, I agree to tell them you're leaving beforehand. My experience working in gossipy offices is that there are always a few people who read bad intentions into situations like that, so don't give them the chance to (this might just be a phenomenon in offices - people get really bored and start drama!). Congratulations on the new job! Will you start after maternity leave? 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19.