June 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change 3/25

For those with an EDD of 6/3, 6/10, 6/17, and 6/24! 

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Upcoming appointments?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 3/25

• Options

How far along are you? 27 weeks! 3 months to go as of yesterday!

How big is baby? Bunch of Bananas 

Upcoming appointments? My appointment this past week went well. Glucose test and blood work scheduled for the 3rd. Growth ultrasound and next appointment with MY OB (yay! she's back from maternity leave) on the 5th.

Any new symptoms or changes? The only new thing I would say is movements are getting a lot stronger, they almost hurt at times, especially when I'm not expecting them. Otherwise my OB said all my symptoms are normal which is relieving to hear, yet doesn't make them any better.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rave: DH and I have done all the prep we can at this point in the nursery while we wait for our shower and furniture to be delivered. It's nice to not having anything to prep in there for a little bit, even though I am anxious to get it done. 

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? Office: I work at an airport, so seeing airplanes and helicopters flying around on a normal basis is cool, I only got an office with a window about a year ago - so I definitely appreciate it! Kitchen: We live in the woods, so the wildlife we see is pretty fun; deer, turkeys, birds and the rodents: squirrels, woodchucks, chipmunks, etc.

• Options

How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? acorn squash. Could be up to 4lbs this week!

Upcoming appointments? obgyn every 2 weeks now

Any new symptoms or changes? I'm trying to eat less. Doctor told me to watch my weight gain so far. 25lbs so far.

Rants/Raves/Questions? What made you decide on one day care option over another?

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?

At work I see an empty parking lot and a road. I can see people driving and leaving. 

Kitchen window I can see my closed pool. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited March 2017

How far along are you? 28 weeks!!!!! HELLO THIRD TRI!!!!!

ETA: nooooo why did my post disappear. Will come back later to fix. :-/

• Options

I finaly remembered to do this!

How far along are you?  29 weeks

How big is baby?  Acorn squash

Upcoming appointments? I'm every two weeks now. Had my GD test last Monday and think I passed because they said they would only call if I didn't.  (This is great because I had GD last pregnancy). I'll probably call just to double check though...

Any new symptoms or changes?  Swollen ankles and my hair still hurts. Go figure. 

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? Periodically an old man poops outside my office window (right across the street) and hangs his toilet paper on the road sign (to dry??). I watch a hawk stalking his prey outside my kitchen window.  He lives in my backyard somewhere.

• Options

How far along are you? 30 weeks, which feels really epic.

How big is baby? Bump app says zucchini which just seems odd to me.

Upcoming appointments? OB on Wednesday. Had our growth scan last week and all looked good!

Any new symptoms or changes? Definitely tummy pain this week, probably from the baby growing. Haven't been sleeping well either, and I'm so tired.

Rants/Raves/Questions? When is a good time to have your hospital bag packed? I'm terrified of early labor and would hate to not be prepared.

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? At the office all I can see is a sidewalk, some grass/trees, and a parking lot. Out the kitchen window is our backyard, which consists of a deck, some bushes, pine trees, and grass. Sometimes I can see little rabbits and squirrels running around. Nothing too interesting though.

@graceriesz That's cool you work at an airport. What do you do?

@jennas312 I'm up about 25 lbs so far too. My dr hasn't said anything about it yet though. Ugh!

@roo1381 That's really disgusting about the old man. Um, NO.

***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options

How far along are you? 27 weeks

How big is baby? lettuce or a cucumber, which as usual seem like two very differently sized vegetables... 

Upcoming appointments? My midwife has already switched me to coming in every 2 weeks which seems a bit earlier than most people's doctors, so that means my next one is already coming up on Thursday. I'll hear my first glucose test results then too, though I'm assuming I passed since they haven't called to tell me to schedule the 3h one.

Any new symptoms or changes? Much more difficult to sleep, partially because my hips get sore after lying on one side for anything more than 60-90 mins. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: DH's anxiety is out of control. It seems like every possible conversation ends up with him getting worked up, especially if it's anything to do with baby and we stil have so many topics to discuss and decide on. I don't know how many times I've explained to him what the difference between a midwife and an OB is, but even today he insisted that in our prenatal class this morning, during the time the men and women were separated, that they flat out told the group that midwives only deal with "waist up" and that a doctor will be in the room actually delivering the baby. He does not believe me when I say that the whole point is that midwives we've been having appointments with are the actual people who will be there delivering baby (barring complications) and it's now on our list of things to ask the midwife at the next appointment. 

The office I've been working in most recently doesn't actually have windows. It's a sound recording studio so it's pretty closed off in order to soundproof and make sure the noise of anything happening outside doesn't get recorded along with the stuff we're trying to get. 

My kitchen window just looks out to a fence, but once we move next week it will instead be a view of the large backyard. 

• Options

How far along are you? 

30 weeks

How big is baby?

I think it said Zucchini, but that would be one big zucchini!

Upcoming appointments?

Wednesday I meet with regular OB and then the MFM for some monitoring.  Thursday I have to go to a GD counseling class at the hospital.  Lots of appointments this week.

Any new symptoms or changes?

Leg cramps are a b!tch. Something is shooting pain down my back and crotch too.  I look like I fell off a horse when I walk around.  My daughter thinks it's hilarious.  It's keeping me up most of the night.

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Rant: I hate GD. I'm struggling big time with the diet.  Meat and most food still makes me nauseous.  I just want some ice cream, cookies, cereal, pasta etc.  Is that too much to ask? 

Usually I watch my dog play in the back yard outside of the kitchen window.  Her favorite toy is a big, green, flexible waterspout.  She swings it around and looks like an elephant!  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options

How far along are you? 30 Weeks

How big is baby? Platypus minus the tail!

Upcoming appointments? Weekly ultrasounds still to check baby's growth for any changes. He's a tiny little thing only weighing in at just over two lbs at this point

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing new. Baby has turned head down and stayed that way for the last two weeks so I get his kicks in my ribs now, that's a bit unpleasant

Rants/Raves/Questions? We got our glider yesterday! It was the last necessary piece of the nursery so it feels good that everything is put together now if baby chooses to make his entrance earlier. Scary to think it's only seven weeks away for me because of my gestational hypertension. (Sorry, can't bring myself to join the May birth month club at this point! You ladies are all so nice here!)

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? No matter the office or kitchen window all I see are cars! At work I look out onto a busy street and at home directly at our apartment building's parking lot. 

• Options
    @wifeinraleigh28 from what I've read most people have theirs packed for 34 weeks. I've had mine done personally since about 26 after I got my gestational hypertension diagnosis. I've been to the ER twice since then already one of which was an overnight stay so mine has been necessary. Crossing my fingers your little one stays put! 
  • Options

Hi ladies... I am super stoked to see my weeks will be in the 1 digits ... 9 weeks 6 days to go!!

How far along are you? 30 Weeks

How big is baby? Hopefully not too big!! App says Zucchini.

Upcoming appointments? I see the Dr Monday and Nurse Wednesday for my GD education. 

Any new symptoms or changes? I finally was able to test my blood sugar for the first time. I am still super nervous about this but I want to try my best to keep it under control.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really. We went to the Zoo today. It's beautiful in Ohio.

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? I don't have an office window so out my kitchen window is my big back yard and then behind our house is a cow pasture. Occasionally we may see a cow running through a backyard which is not a good thing lol. 

@jennas312 About the daycare question,  in our area finding daycare is very hard so my options are very limited based on what I needed. We basically went with our gut feeling of where we felt he would do best. With DS it lasted about a year and we had to find a new place... She just didn't work out. Our new lady is amazing and i am so happy I am not going through the process of looking again. I would say some of the biggest questions if you aren't looking into daycare centers  but an in home center is what is their back-up plan if they are sick or their child is sick? 

• Options
    @LAMCH1980 I have my GD visit this week too. I was told I will meet with a nurse for about 15 minutes... That doesn't seem super helpful. I just did my real first test after a meal tonight. I am hoping my anxiety will start to die down as I continue to check. Good luck in this journey, it's definitely been an emotional rollercoaster ride for me.
  • Options
    zseirecargzseirecarg member
    edited March 2017
    @jennas312  day care for me was a feeling. I toured 5, asked a lot of questions, went with my gut. 

@roo1381 re: old man, that's just gross! 

@wifeinraleigh28 I work as a marketing manager for a small airline out of a smaller airport (no delta, JetBlue, etc. private aircraft only) 

@CapricaAndrea hoping the midwife can help ease your DH's anxiety. 

@LAMCH1980 hoping the GD diet gets easier. Wish I had advice for you! 

@RaeR144 yay for nursery completion

@tmrussell single digit weeks!  :#
  • Options

How far along are you? 28 weeks! This feels like a big milestone, viability wise. Super happy to be this far! 

How big is baby? two roller skates, weird haha

Upcoming appointments? Not until next week

Any new symptoms or changes?  They each had the hiccups this week, so that was fun! I'm so flipping uncomfortable lately though. I feel so heavy, this pregnancy is just so much different thank other two! 

Rants/Raves/Questions No raves at all for this stupid insomnia 

Well, I work from home, so this week I saw my 95 year old neighbor lady outside hacking away at the ice in her driveway with a full sized axe. I was impressed! 

• Options

How far along are you? 28 weeks

How big is baby? An eggplant 

Upcoming appointments? Tomorrow 

Any new symptoms or changes? Nausea is coming back. I thought there may have been decreased activity, and as a PGAL mom, I spent part of yesterday at L&D getting a NST and cervix exam.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I am so tired.

GTKY: What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? Lots of trees. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers image