June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chatter 3/25

2»

Re: Weekend Chatter 3/25

• Options
    DH and I just finished watching a movie. I stayed on the sofa to read, and he found another movie on tv to watch while he surfs the web. 10 minutes in, I look up and realize something isn't right....the movie is dubbed into Spanish (commercials, too). Hysterical laughter follows. We're both so tired we didn't realize it.... and that is life at 27 weeks pregnant with a moderately grumpy 3 yet old. 
    Me 37, DH 40
    BFP #1 6/13 DD 3/14
    Mirena 10/14-5/16
    BFP #2 9/2/16, CP confirmed 9/8/16
    BFP #3 10/10/16 EDD 6/22/17
  • Options
    @jennas312 I got the nursing cover for dd and it was ok. Pretty and big enough to cover me. Dd and I turned out not to be cover type nursery though so I gave it to my sil. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We transitioned DS to his twin bed today. Nap went horrible and took 2 hours for him to go to sleep.  Bedtime was pretty much like normal . He got up right when I tucked him in but I put him back down and he went to sleep . We will see how long he sleeps in the morning! Wish me luck! 
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    A friend from grad school came to visit for the weekend and we drove up to Chicago to meet with three other girls from our class today. I haven't seen 2 of them in about 2 years so it was really nice to catch up and talk about our careers! Tomorrow I'll hopefully sleep in (bc I can and my friend from grad school loves sleeping in) and have a lazy day on the couch with my friend before she heads home. 
    My sister's  water broke today but she wasn't having contractions yet so was going to try to sleep and go to the hospital in the morning. If she happens to have the baby tonight and is up for visitors I'll drive 2 hours to see my new niece or nephew. 
    Edit to add: I can't wait until we get far enough along that having labor symptoms (water breaking, consistent contractions) in our group is exciting instead of scary!
  • Options
    jennas312 said:
    Got this from motherhood maternity  (since my bday gift was a giftcard there). Are any of these free items worth it, or are they all crap?
    for me the shipping/min order for free shipping didn't make it worth it for me when i can just go somewhere local and get similar items
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rmarble23 said:
    jennas312 said:
    Got this from motherhood maternity  (since my bday gift was a giftcard there). Are any of these free items worth it, or are they all crap?
    for me the shipping/min order for free shipping didn't make it worth it for me when i can just go somewhere local and get similar items
    Yes, the shipping on these items is usually ridiculous! 
  • Options
    We went to DH's grandpa's yesterday during the day and didn't have cell reception. Then we had people over for basketball in the evening. DS started running a fever around 10 and it's up to 102.2 this morning so it's looking like a lazy day is in store for us.
  • Options
    All of you ladies running around being super productive make me jealous, and super impressed!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We decided to save the aquarium and spend the rest of a mini golf gift card the kids got for Christmas today.  I am excited to get them out of the house and do something that won't cost me money!
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    EmeraldNC said:
    All of you ladies running around being super productive make me jealous, and super impressed!!!
    I'm impressed too. Maybe it's because I'm one of the old ladies of the group, but my weekend goals include making as few plans as possible so I can survive the upcoming week! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    We had no plans this weekend. Some how that lead to me not being home at ALL yesterday. So I have been sitting on the couch researching random baby things since I woke up. Mission for today: shower, go grocery shopping, get laundry done. 
  • Options
    I'm currently sitting on my backyard watching my kiddos play in the pool (just a little kiddie pool) while I laugh at myself for thinking I don't need a maternity swim suit. I look ridiculous in my old bakini I squeezed myself into. I have a one piece i might be able to make public appropriate, but I think I need to suck it up and just buy something. 

Happy Sunday ladies! 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    @FSUNole31 I'm jealous of your weather.  It's cold and overcast here, although warmer than it has been (currently 41 degrees).  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 it has been wonderful this weekend.  The pool is still way too cold for me, but the kids can go in for about 20 minutes till they start turning blue  ;)
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    jennas312 said:
    As an FTM with DD1, I got the nursing pillow, the nursing cover, and the carseat canopy.

Even though I carefully followed the washing instructions, my nursing pillow tore the first time I washed it. My husband sewed up the tear, and it tore again, twice, before I broke down and bought a Boppy. The Boppy is also a thicker pillow, and is much easier to use with a tiny newborn. I found my Boppy for $13 on a yardsale site, and it came with two covers. It looked brand new, and still looks great.

I only used my canopy once or twice. It is much to thick to use here in a humid Virginia summer. Also, one of the velcro pieces tore after the first wash. It still looks nice, and would probably be very usefull, if I had a fall or winter baby, but I really hate having to repair a brand new item.

I loved the nursing cover and it has held together well.  I eventually recieved another as a gift, and kept one in my diaper bag, and one in my house to use when we had company. As much as I liked it, I'm actually looking for something else this time around. I'm going to try using a swaddle blanket, or a carseat cover like https://milksnob.com/ offers, to cut down on the bulk that I carry around in my bag.

If you are absolutely set on a print you see on there, check out Amazon before you buy anything. Sometimes you can get the same brand on there with free shipping, and it works out to be cheaper for you.

Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    LAMCH1980 said:
    EmeraldNC said:
    I'm impressed too. Maybe it's because I'm one of the old ladies of the group, but my weekend goals include making as few plans as possible so I can survive the upcoming week! 
    I'm one of the younger moms and still very impressed. My plan is organizing the kids dresser and taking a nap today. Lol I'm so lazy. 
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    So busy this weekend. My son just asked me if we get a weekend tomorrow, too. Unfortunately, no. I just looked and there's literally NOTHING on our calendar for next weekend. Hoping it stays that way!
  • Options
    This week is spring break so we won't be able to do any of our normal fun outings without everywhere being overcrowded boo.  My DD only goes to preschool 2 half days a week but I will definitely miss those days this week.  
  • Options
    @shmarpler thanks for all if the details! Helpful!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jennas312jennas312 member
    edited March 2017
    Today, I learned to not walk on hardwood floors in socks only. I fell down and my ass still hurts. :-(
    Scared me a bit, but I'm thinking everything should be fine, except me having a sore ass for the next few days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    jennas312 said:
    Today, I learned to not walk on hardwood floors in socks only. I fell down and my ass still hurts. :-(
    Scared me a bit, but I'm thinking everything should be fine, except me having a sore ass for the next few days.

I feel your pain. I was coming down my stairs the other day (also in socks) and slipped. I had a very sore line across my rear for a few days. Since I was at the top when I feel, I was REALLY glad that I landed on the same step I slipped on, and that DD didn't get hurt.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    @jennas312 I did something similar at work the other day (except in shoes, but it was just a quick slip).  The Dr still made me go in to be monitored, even though I had been feeling baby move all day.  The response I got when I called (hours later, I figured I should check to make sure I didn't need to watch for anything) was "any time you fall you need to come in to be monitored"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 what did they do when you came in? Did you land on your stomach? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Currently pondering strangling my husband with my bare hands... my best friend said she is looking for her shovel to help bury him. 

I'm experiencing pregnancy insomnia nightly while he sleeps like a baby. He left at 7:30 this morning to do what HE wanted to do with his buddy (said he'd be back the very latest at 3pm), also note that I'm sick (bad cold). Anyways, I entertained our 3 year old all day long, did all the chores, errands, etc. Fast forward to him getting home at 7pm. 4 hours later than expected - I still had to go to the grocery store bc we had no food in the house.. I asked him to bathe and make sure our child goes to bed ASAP bc she refused to nap all day, and I just know tomorrow is going to be hell if she doesn't get some rest.  I get home at 9, she's still awake.. I say how exhausted I am and all I want is a shower and bed, and he says to me.. "Why? You haven't done anything today." I stare him down and tell our little one to come on it's time for bed. (So I don't rip his head off right then and there) I go and get her ready for bed/ready for tomorrow. I hear him in the guest bathroom when I'm going to our bathroom... Go get in the shower, and literally within 5 minutes, water gets cold.  So obviously he's had a nice long hot shower.. When he finally comes in our room I say "Nice shower?" And he said "it was fine, why?" :: I LOST MY SHIT ::

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jennas312 I landed on my butt.  It wasn't even a big fall, my foot just slipped because I stepped on the side of my shoe and lost my balance.  They hooked me up to the fetal monitor for about an hour and a half to make sure heart rate was good, and I wasn't registering any contractions, and sent me on my way.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @emeraldNC, yep...I'd have done him in.  

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

• Options
    @EmeraldNC Oh hell no!
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    @EmeraldNC  lost your shit details ?!  I wouldve killed him. I think murder would've been warranted. As a jury of your peers I think we would all agree.
    @awillis13 thanks. I just spoke to nurse and seems ok.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jennas312  Oh the usual pregnancy reaction..... so mad that I cried.... and yelled at him.  He actually redeemed himself yesterday - with a very sweet apology and helping do anything and everything.  Which, he is pretty good about when he is in the dog house.
    BabyFruit Ticker