Trouble TTC
Options

Intro

Hi everyone!

My DH and I have been TTC since March of last year when I was DX with PCOS. I have been on Metformin for about 3 weeks now(ER) and it has been going pretty well. I am currently at 1000mg and set to go up to 1500mg next week(wish me luck, hoping sickness stays at bay). I am here to get to know some wonderful ladies that can provide something I feel like I have been missing. My DH tries so hard to understand how I feel, bless his heart, but  I have felt so alone over the last year and really need the support working through this. I never thought that I would feel like I was such a failure and have no way to resolve it. I am a VERY open ear and would love to lend it and give any advice where I can. I really look forward to talking to all of you ladies. I look forward to joining such an amazing community. 

Lots of hugs,

Mandi 
Me: 27, DH: 28
Married June 2014
TTC #1 since March 2016
Dx: PCOS
On Meftormin since Feb 2017

Re: Intro

• Options
    @mandilyn1127 Welcome! I felt the same way when I joined here. Husbands try to be supportive and fertility issues are hard on them too, but it's so nice to connect with women going through the same/similar things.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @MJDsquared Thank you so much. It really is nice to connect and feel more understood. It makes this journey a little more manageable and not so lonely. I have been creepily lurking before finally I said "DO IT MANDI". I didn't want to offend people by seeming whiny, but then I read more and realized all these ladies no matter their situation "get it" and just want to help. 
    Married June 2014
    TTC #1 since March 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome @mandilyn1127! So sorry you are having trouble TTC but glad you have found us! There are quite a few ladies here with PCOS as well. It's definitely nice to have a support group to come to when your DH just doesn't get it. I hope your stay here is short and sweet! 
  • Options
    SP128SP128 member
    @mandilyn1127  Welcome.  I introduced myself not too long ago and am just starting the testing process.  Not sure how much I can help.  However, I can be a listening ear and cheer you on when you are down.  It is so hard dealing with this.  I have found these forums to be a god send.  Not a lot of people in real life know that we are trying let alone are having trouble trying.  So glad you decided to jump in : )
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Options
    Welcome!  Hope you get your little one soon. I have been trying for 8 years it can take a lot out of you every month that goes by. Have you had any other test done? Do you chart your bbt? Just asking because charting helped me know if I was ovulating and my lp was a little short. Vitex helped me get my lp up to 12 days now. Good luck on your journey!  We are here for you
  • Options
    Welcome Mandi :)
    It sucks to have to be here, but it's a great place to get support from people going through similar situations. I'm in a similar boat to you too - PCOS diagnosed a couple of months ago, newly on Metformin too.
    Fingers crossed for your success!
    Me: 26, DH: 26
    TTC #1 since July 2016
    Dx: PCOS, on Metformin since Feb 2017
    • June 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • July 17 - Letrozole - BFP - MMC confirmed 30/08
    • November 17 - Letrozole - BFN
    • December 17 - Letrozole - BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Hi @mandilyn1127 & welcome to our little world :smile:
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    @Kim41313 @SP128 @jessica p @Tops @SoonToBeMommaHowe  Thank you all for the warm welcome! Yes, I am charting so I am hoping that will help me keep on track. With PCOS my AF is so hit or miss, but I am hoping with the Metformin that I will be able to get back on track. Today was a rough morning and I was pretty gross feeling. BLAH. Oh the things we put ourselves through. I know it will be worth it in the end! 

Married June 2014
    TTC #1 since March 2016
  • Options
    Welcome @mandilyn1127. Sorry you find yourself here but hopefully you will find support and comfort talking to other ladies who are also struggling. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mandilyn1127 welcome! I have recently joined myself and I promise you will love it here! Everyone is so kind and so supportive, I wish I had joined sooner! 

Although I am still learning so I can't answer many questions yet, I'm here to talk or listen anytime, best of luck to you on this journey! ❤️
  • Options
    Welcome @mandilyn1127 - I hope you find support on these boards. :)

• Options
    @MooFish2364 I hope so as well! So far it is going pretty well. @MissMo thank you. I hope that you have a short stay and lots of luck! @funkykey Thanks!! :) 
    Married June 2014
    TTC #1 since March 2016
  • Options
    @mandilyn1127 I know what you mean about feeling like a failure even though it's not something that is really in our control. I am on Metformin as well, just got bumped up to 1500mg (for about 2 weeks now). I didn't notice any issues with sickness like I did when I first started, hopefully it will be an easy transition for you as well! 

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Options
    @eranvo27 Thanks! I am bumping to 1500mg tonight so I am crossing my fingers. I have felt kind of sick here and there, but I am trying to be really cautious to ensure that I am not eating too many carbs, etc. I heard that helps. You will have to keep me posted on how you are doing with it. It hasn't helped me get my AF yet, but perhaps when I bump it up, it will help. HMMMM. 
    Married June 2014
    TTC #1 since March 2016
  • Options
    Possible TMI but... On the 3rd day at 1500 I had mild cramping and very very light spotting - not enough to even warrent a panty liner, but just light pink when wiping after using the bathroom. I got really excited but it was short lived. It did not trigger a cycle and I've been on it for about 3 weeks now. I hope it is really that simple for you and the increased dose works!  

Me: 34 - SO: 40
    TTC #1 since 8/2016
    FINALLY diagnosed with anovulatory PCOS 11/2016 (Insulin resistance and multiple cysts on both ovaries)
    Miscarriage on 7/19/17 at 7 weeks 
    Miscarriage on 10/16/17 at 5 weeks

• Options
    @eranvo27 Nothing so far! I had a similar experience over the weekend! Mild cramps with just a little spotting(only noticed when I wiped) I am crossing my fingers for some good juju and AF gets her butt here. It would be nice to have a schedule again. :( Good luck to you too. Keep me posted! Nice to hear from ladies on a similar journey! 
    Married June 2014
    TTC #1 since March 2016
  • Options
    Welcome to the board! I have PCOS as well. I totally understand the Metformin struggle. I'm on 2000mg a day and struggled with sickness until I got on the ER. 
    I don't think men really understand what we're going through when it comes to infertility. My DH tries to sympathize also but he just doesn't get it. He's been wonderful through the process so far, but he just doesn't quite get it. 

I hope your stay here is short and sweet :)