June 2017 Moms
Options

Diastasis Recti and Pelvic Girdle Pain

Hi to all! This is baby #3 for me, and I haven't been on the message boards much. However, I need support and/or suggestions. About 3 weeks ago my pelvis separated causing me terrible pain and barely being able to walk. I was finally somewhat coping with it, and starting to try some stretches and exercises to help. Then, I wake up early one morning with such pain down the middle of my stomach. My Midwife said the pain usually last for a few days while the actual separation is occurring and then should feel better unless I strain the muscles. She also said a pregnancy belt will help, but no luck so far. I ordered a different one, so maybe that will help. However, it's been 6 days and the pain is so bad, especially in the evening and at night, I just start crying. Does anyone have any experience with this? I have 8-10 more weeks, and I just don't know how I can get through it! 

Re: Diastasis Recti and Pelvic Girdle Pain

• Options
    Check in the weekly symptoms thread.  Lots of ladies talking on this subject there this week.
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    You need to go to the doctor. If the pain is that severe, you may need physical therapy. And mezalune is right, this issue is being discussed in the symptoms thread.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So you're not a part of our group but want to create your own thread and use us as your personal google?  Did you visit the symptoms thread at all before thinking you needed your own one off topic thread?  Have you contributed at all to anyone's else's concern or were you just here to ask for answers but offer no support to anyone else?  
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    I had pelvic pain with DD1. I had to sleep with a pillow between my knees to keep my legs parallel or I couldn't sleep on my side. Some people also say it helps to put a thin pillow under your bump. I would also recommend looking for a chiropractic who deals with prenatal care. I personally feel that discomfort can be normal as everything is shifting and stretching, but strong pain is usually a good indicator that something is not quite right. Some adjustments may be needed before and after baby is born.

Hopefully you can get back to feeling a bit better. 
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    For those of you who left snarky comments, they are certainly not appreciated.  These boards are for support during a difficult time.  I left a separate thread because no one is talking about Diastasis Recti in the symptom thread, and because it is a condition that there is nothing any doctor can do until after baby comes (except early induction).  Women who suffer from D.R. during pregnancy have serious labor concerns and postpartum concerns, including possible postpartum surgery.  I am looking for women who are going through this, so we can support each other.  Please refrain yourself from posting unnecessary comments.  
  • Options
    ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited March 2017
    TobbynS said:
    For those of you who left snarky comments, they are certainly not appreciated.  These boards are for support during a difficult time.  I left a separate thread because no one is talking about Diastasis Recti in the symptom thread, and because it is a condition that there is nothing any doctor can do until after baby comes (except early induction).  Women who suffer from D.R. during pregnancy have serious labor concerns and postpartum concerns, including possible postpartum surgery.  I am looking for women who are going through this, so we can support each other.  Please refrain yourself from posting unnecessary comments.  

Maybe no one was taking about it in the symptom thread because you didn't bring it up. It's still a symptom, even if it is a particularly shitty one, and that's the place where we talk about symptoms. It would be a perfectly valid topic to bring up there. Policing the responses you get won't get you very far around here, especially when you are demanding support from people you have never offered any support to. 
  • Options
    TobbynS said:

• Options
    @TobbynS what you have is a symptom of pregnancy (cue the sounds of shock and awe)..... just like we all have symptoms and commiserate with each other over on the symptoms thread as PP have said.  Why you felt the need to just roll up into our BMB and make up your own thread is anyone's guess.  I suppose you think because nobody else was talking about it you should make a separate thread.  If we all made our own threads about each symptom we had that wasn't being addressed in the symptoms thread our board would be over run with stuff and the important threads for people seeking legitimate advice or shoulders to lean on would be lost.  And believe it or not there are ladies in this group who have had some very trying times lately and we've all stood by them and offered support because they are all vested in being a genuine part of this group and not some random drive by.   And then have the audacity to tell us what we can and can not say.... nope nope nope.  Girl bye!
  • Options

Whelp this is the way I feel about it.  The pupps thread was started by a regular not some random drive by.  Yes a reg should know better but hey whatever, we all have our days.  And yes she should have posted in the symptoms page whether it was being talked about or not.  The insteps of my feet hurt, should I start my own thread for that because no one else is talking about it on the symptoms thread... nope!   Yes this is a public forum, and yes we all have a right to speak our minds especially when some random person shows up in here telling us to keep our unnecessary comments to ourselves.  But hey if you're riding your horse today and want to White Knight this drive by go right ahead. 

• Options
    @TobbynS
    I am sorry you're in pain. It's unfortunate that you felt you didn't get the support you were looking for from this great group of women. Take a look at our high-risk thread, search previous posts for our member losses, read into our family drama, look at our mental health updates. We have lots of members who are suffering from the symptoms, side-effects, and shitty situations surrounding these pregnancies. We are not unique in this. We are real people, living real lives. We share the good, the bad, and the ugly. There is a TON of support on this board.

Here's what we don't do: we don't take too well to someone essentially walking into a group mid-conversation to say "hey! Take a look at my issue and give me support" when we really don't know you. Now, if you were a poster that we recognize who was going into crisis and needed support NOW, we would all drop what we were doing to show the love. 

You are asking our respect of your troubles, we are asking your respect for the group dynamics. If you're not sure of those dynamics, I invite you to rejoin for a couple days as a wall flower. See what's going on in our daily conversations and see if there's an appropriate place for you to jump in to give and receive the support you deserve. 

• Options
    If someone is in real need of help, that is what medical professionals are for. Clearly it was not an emergency considering it took OP two days to return to the thread.
  • Options
    For what it's worth, I am going to a penatal yoga class and we went over exercises to help with this (not going to try to spell it, I'm tired). I think that may help if you google for it. I hope you find some relief.