Infertility
Options

Traveling with IVF Meds

Good evening! I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on traveling with their IVF medication - more specifically, the syringes. I'm going to be flying this weekend, and while I'm not worried about the medicine itself, I've never traveled with needles. I obviously want to carry everything on, but will they let me take syringes through security? What did you do with your used syringes when you were away? 

Re: Traveling with IVF Meds

• Options
    This TSA link is about insulin syringes, but it looks like as long as you let them know that you have them, it should be okay. https://apps.tsa.dhs.gov/mytsa/cib_results.aspx?search=syringe

I would probably bring a prescription or doctor's note for them. They mention bringing a sharps container, so maybe you can find one at a local pharmacy?

Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Options
    I had to do this a month ago. Your RE's office can provide you with a note saying you need the syringes for medical treatment. It should also specify  that some of the meds are time sensitive and may need to be taken in flight...thus the needles shouldn't be in checked baggage.

Me: 34

TTC: 40 months
    Me: endometrial polyps and most recently diagnosed with polypoid endometrium. Mild endometriosis. AMH 4.5. FSH 9.2. TSH 8.5 (recently started synthroid) Everything else normal.
    DH: now an exDH. lol. JUST MEEEEE!
    IVF #1: ER 3/11/17 (5 fertilized) ET 3/16/17 BFP (B#1-113, B#2-534, B#3-3190) MC @ 8 weeks
    TTC with just donor soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wonderful, sounds like this should be fairly simple! Thanks @QsMadd and @AlohaKumu for the advice!