Pregnant after IF

All day sickness!

Hi ladies,

when did your morning sickness end? I read that it peaks in the 8th or 9th week... was this true for you all?

Re: All day sickness!

• @mous mine didn't go away until about 18 seeks but I'm pregnant with twins. I was on diclegis until 20 weeks.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• I'm carrying twins too... the diceglis worked for you? Before pregancy I used zofran but that's not approved for pregnant women. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, the diclegis worked wonders for me. I only had to take 2 at night and I was good until around dinner time the next night. One of the best parts is that it also helps you sleep. I didnt know it was making a difference until I would stop taking it and within a day I was really sick. It was expensive for me but foundation care pharmacy sells them for $1 a pill and it was worth it! 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• Sorry you're experiencing ms, unfortunately mine didn't stop till around 19 weeks. Although probably weeks 16-19 I was finding I was having more good days than bad and it peaked around 10-12 weeks. I was on medication for this which I stopped taking around 19 weeks. I'm not sure how far along you are but I'm hoping it ends soon, I have heard it can be worse with twins because of the extra hormones. 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
    Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                     21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                          ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                          Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                          EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

• I was throwing up before my first beta (so before 4 weeks) which is early but stopped at about 12-13 weeks but I've spoken to many people who think that's really lucky. As with all pregnancy things everyone is different!
    I didn't take any medication for it and found it was normally manageable if I kept my blood sugar stable (never letting myself get hungry and avoiding sugary foods). 

If you are losing weight or concerned you are losing nutrients from throwing up too much talk to your doctor. In most cases the baby takes what it needs but leaves you lacking in nutrients which could lead to you getting run down and sick.
  • I had evening sickness but yes, it peaked at 9ish weeks. I found out I was sensitive to tomatoes and once I removed those from my diet I stopped getting sick. Have you tried to pinpoint trigger foods?

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I never threw up, but I did have a lot of food aversions and waves of nausea throughout the first trimester, which I'm guessing was just a more mild form of MS. It stopped around 13 weeks for me and then my appetite hit me like a ton of bricks!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 I can't wait for my appetite to come back. I have so many food aversions at this point, my diet consists of broth, crackers, and ginger ale :( I can't wait to get hit with cravings.

Anyone else try diceglis? I'm still on the fence of whether I want to ask for a script for it. I'm wary about taking anything, even though it's Category A. Zofran is category B and there's a whole bunch of lawsuits attached to it so I dont if I should trust those labels
  • edited March 2017
    With my first pregnancy, I had all-day nausea and occasional vomiting from 6 weeks until about 16 weeks. This time around, it has been much more intense and has not gone away. I am still on Diclegis at 33 weeks!

Diclegis is very safe - it's basically a combination of extended-release Unisom and vitamin B. If you feel that you are becoming unhealthy, I would definitely talk to your OB about trying it. I had one day when I couldn't even drink water, and I knew it was time to talk to my OB. Most docs don't recommend Zofran until you are well into your second trimester, due to some of the risks. If you are worried about taking meds, maybe talk to your OB about other options like extra vitamin B, preggie pops, or sea bands. I hope you find some relief soon!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17