Nurseries and Baby Gear

Nursery gliders/recliners

tiki8286tiki8286 member
edited March 2017 in Nurseries and Baby Gear
Anyone thinking of getting a recliner? For my 1st two kids, I had a basic wooden rocker that worked just fine for feeding and soothing but if i really want to treat myself to a heavy duty glider that looks like those big lazy-boys. Do you have one?? Looking for one where the back comes up at least past my ears so I can lean back and rest as well. Feet do not need to pop up (like some typical recliners) but I wouldn't say no haha. Just looking for some reviews. Thanks!

Re: Nursery gliders/recliners

• We've got a couple recliners that I use to feed. It's been especially helpful for nursing to be able to lean back to help baby deal with overactive let down. I usually put my feet up, too, as it is very comfy. The only potential drawback with that is, depending on the recliner, putting the leg support back down might be noisy and jerky, which can wake baby back up. Test out the recliners you're thinking about if you can to see if that would be an issue. 

On a side note, we got our two La Z Boy recliners at a La Z Boy store from a back room with items on clearance. Nothing wrong with them at all, and they were significantly cheaper.  It's worth checking out if there's one near you.