August 2017 Moms
Options

ftm check-in week of 3/20

2»

Re: ftm check-in week of 3/20

• Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    @lyse01 Congratulations on your engagement! I'd say that if you have any stress related to trying to please others, baby wise or wedding wise...let it go. That was my big struggle with both events. My son helped my find my voice and learn how to just say no. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 19+5

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? AS was last week and we're having a boy! He was being difficult though so I get to go in for another US so they can get more pictures.

Cravings? Still tacos, all. The. Tacos. And pollo fundido.

Rants/raves? Excited that I can start referring to the baby as HIM now.  

Questions for FTM, STM+? None at the moment

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring?  Playing at the park! And bike riding, at least for as long as I feel safe doing it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Questions for FTM, STM+? I know weight is a touchy subject but here goes anyway...I have lost a total of XX lbs and only gained one pound back. I've been pretty active throughout this pregnancy. My office did not mention anything about my weight at my last visit. Is it worth bringing up? I'm afraid I'm not eating enough but I know the baby is getting all the nutrition it needs from me. I worry that if I don't eat more though it will take protein from my muscles and nutrients from my bones. I shouldn't be worrying about this but I am a worry wart, obviously. 

I am in the same boat (down 25 pounds, only gained 1 back so far) and I talked to my doctor at length about it last week.

She asked me a bunch of questions (are you drinking whole milk, are you tracking calories, are you drinking enough water, are you urinating regularly, etc etc).  But her main question was do I look and feel healthy.  I told her yes and she said that in that case, continue to eat what I can (she said eat every hour if possible) and just stop worrying about it.  And when she saw me at my next appointment she said "your hair, skin, and eyes look super healthy, you are getting enough nutrients for your babies."

Basically, talking with her eased my mind a lot.  I know that the babies are going to take what they need from me but I'm also doing what I can to make sure I'm getting enough to care for them and me.  But overall, if you feel okay, I wouldn't worry.  But it would be worth a call to your doc to get some peace of mind.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @lyse01 Congrats!!

How far along are you?
    17+3

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Had our monthly prenatal appt yesterday. Got to hear the heartbeat and had blood drawn for what I think was the quad screening. A/S on the 6th!

Cravings? Still wanting all things sweets. And have also had a particular hankering for Special K cereal recently. 

Rants/raves? I'm really just excited to learn the gender. I still have no feeling either way so I will be surprised no matter what they tell me. It will also be good so that people who keep telling me "they know for sure" what I'm having can finally settle down. Honestly my mom is the worst. She looks up all these old wives tales and won't be told differently that they aren't true. Time will tell and I'm just excited to know for sure either way. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? None right now.

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? Just being outside and walking or sitting in the sun. I also love driving around and seeing all of the flowers and trees bloom. I live in MD and it's so pretty when everything blooms in the spring. 
  • Options
    @caity024 Congratulations on the boy!! I felt so much more connected to the pregnancy and baby after I found out what it was (I did early bloodwork). Also, tacos sound heavenly right now!
    @lyse01 congratulations!!!! How exciting!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DeansGirl14 I nursed my first till 22 months. Nursing bras- yes! although towards the end my normal ones worked too. I bought a few expensive ones, And they were only so-so. I bought a few cheaper ones. (like $10 form Walmart and I loved them. Also, the size you wear right after birth and then a few months later will be different, so don't buy too many right away. You will also figure out what you like. I hated razor back sleep bras for nursing because the weight pulled at my neck. As for clothes, don't bother. I either pulled my camisole down or pulled my shirt up. You might have to change your wardrobe a bit (there were a few things that I couldn't wear while nursing unless I wanted to strip to nurse) but over all my old wardrobe worked. If you have a special occasion, you may want to buy a nursing dress. However, I found a Ralph Lauren dress for a wedding that I loved and It worked just as well as nursing dress because the way it was designed!
  • Options
    @jacksonbears  I believe we will worry forever about our LOs. I have an anterior placenta and try not to think too much about baby movements. As others mentioned, belly size does not correlate to baby's health. 

@BlackNYellow I think you should bring it up anything that concerns you. This way your OB can reassure you or help developing a plan of action. 

*TW* weight discussion 
    @kvh22  I was up 4lbs between Jan and Feb, and 8lbs between Feb and Mar. I did ask my midwife about it and she didn't seem concerned. Now I'm trying not to freak out  :o

@Feliciosity I'll have no visitors at the birth center and will plan home visits by ear depending on how I'm feeling. My IL will be close by to help with meals and cleaning. No overnight guests. 

@lyse01 Congrats!!!

How far along are you? 18+4

Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Monthly appointment last week. Sequential screening results all look good  <3

Cravings? Ice cream and milk shake 

Rants/raves? I'm going on vacation on Saturday! So excited. 

Questions for FTM, STM+? My boobs are huge! How much more growth should I expect? I need to buy new bras and I'm wondering if I should just go for nursing bras already. 

GTKY: In honor of the first day of spring, what is your favorite thing/activity about spring? Temperature rises! I hate winter. Although my allergies are evil during the spring I prefer to suffer through it than have another day of winter. 
  • Options
    @LivLew, I'm a FTM but got great advice from friends - my boobs are out of control and to save money, everyone told me to buy nursing bras, but fairly big, like fits JUST tight enough on the third line of hooks.  As they grow, I can adjust it out.  I bought one from Target and one from MM and holy cow, I recommend the MM one.  I think it was a bit more expensive, but incredibly comfortable.  I never want to take it off.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @livlew I went up a few sizes. But then went down a little after giving birth. I wore one size nursing bras the last 2-3 months and then about a month afterbirth. My cup size didn't go down after birth, but the band size dropped a lot and the bra would ride up (and I had expensive bras.) I also figured out what I hated and liked after I started nursing, so don't buy too many now! (although this is my second I am wearing nursing bras from my first still.)
  • Options
    @LivLew in my personal experience I'd wait to invest in good nursing bras. When my milk came in I increased cup sizes vs band sizes. Whereas I was increasing band sizes during pregnancy but not as much in cup size. Instead of buying lots of bras during pregnancy, I bought the band extenders and wore the same ones as long as I could. I ended up wearing my nursing bras for 21 months while nursing DD so investing in those at the end was a good move for me.  Also, if you like underwire bras, those aren't really advised during BFing as it could cause blocked ducts. Another reason IMO to wait until you really don't want underwire ones. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @LivLew- I ended up just using nursing tank tops with nursing pads instead of bras for about 8 months. they were just so much more comfortable and easier to bf with in my opinion.  Target made some really great ones actually.