November 2017 Moms

Monday Ticker Change (3/20)

If your due date is 11/6, 11/13, 11/20, 11/27, this is for you!

1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants, raves, questions?

5. GTKY: Have you bought anything for your baby yet? If so, what? If not, when do you plan to start?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Monday Ticker Change (3/20)

• 1. How many weeks are you? 5! Baby is now the size of an appleseed!

2. How are you feeling? Totally fine. Still no symptoms, really, aside from a few cramps yesterday after roughhousing with the kids.

3. Any appointments this week? Not until the first week of April.

4. Rants, raves, questions? I'm 2/3 of the way done with Whole30 and, while I feel good and my clothes fit better, I cannot wait for it to be over. I want pizza and bagels and cereal and yogurt. The What Is My Pregnant Self Eating thread is slowly making me crazy. I want everything on there!

5. GTKY: Have you bought anything for your baby yet? If so, what? If not, when do you plan to start? Nope! We have everything from my girl and boy before, so we need a minimal amount of stuff. I'll probably buy my kids big sister/big brother shirts after my first ultrasound, but that's all I have planned now. I did just realize that my infant car seat will expire by the time baby is here though, so I'll need to get a new one of those.

• 1.How many weeks are you?
       6!

2. How are you feeling?
    Great- I have a tinge of naseau at night, had this with my first pregnancy as well. Other than that I feel fine.

We had a first appointment to establish care last week. My ultrasound is scheduled for April 7th.

We are going on vacation to Ireland for a week on Saturday and I'm really excited! I am also really nervous about a 6 hour flight with an 18 month old that Isnt interested in watching tv yet....

5. GTKY: Have you bought anything for your baby yet? If so, what? If not, when do you plan to start?
       I bought DD a "I'm going to be a big sister shirt" (going to use it for our announcement) but besides that we probably won't buy much. We plan on being team green so if we end up having a girl we will be all set.... And if we end up having a boy he might just have to live with having quite a few pink things. A double stroller is the only thing I really have my eye out for.
  • Loading the player...
  • MKMandevilleMKMandeville member
    edited March 2017
    7 weeks

2. How are you feeling?
    Nauseated, exhausted, moody. Grocery shopping was fun this morning (not) meal planning is hard with morning sickness and food aversions.

I have an ultrasound on Thursday to make sure everything is going the way it is supposed to. 

Rant: when a grocery store advertises seedless grapes and the bag days seedless you would expect them to be seedless right? All I wanted was nice juicy grapes now I have to pick around seeds. 

Raves: maternity pants, leggings, yoga pants are my new best friend. I didn't wear maternity pants with DD until 13-16 weeks I feel like this is super early (not showing of course just bloated and the extra pressure is not fun). 

Question: what kind of prenatal are you taking? Would you recommend? I really liked mine until it made me throw up all my breakfast both yesterday and today. 

I almost bought a little stuffed animal at the store today. I was about six weeks when I bought DD her first toy and then we had a scare the following week. I'm going to try my best to hold off until at least second trimester. 
  •  @MKMandeville be sure to update us on the ultrasound Thursday!- good luck! And I feel your frustration with the grapes. Very disappointing when you were looking forward to such a simple pleasure and it gets mixed up. I don't have recommendations for prenatal I just take the typical store bought Nature Made prenatal with DHA but it is seriously the biggest pill I have ever taken so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. 
  • @Hopeful87- That trip sounds so exciting! I'd bring something for your toddler to watch TV on anyway - my daughter wasn't interested in it at all until we went on a long road trip with the ipad. She got into it pretty quickly once she realized it was entertainment when she was stuck in her car seat. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Also, our boy uses a lot of pink stuff :) His PJs last night were aqua with purple spots. He doesn't care at all.

@MKMandeville - Let us know how your ultrasound goes! I'm seriously thinking about breaking out my bin of maternity clothes too. It just sounds so comfortable. I'm going to do my best to wait until after my first ultrasound though. I know it's silly, but I don't want to jinx anything. For my prenatal, I also do the Nature Made with DHA. It is huge though and makes me feel sick if I take it in the morning. I take it at night before bed and sleep through the nausea now.

• Thank you @kissthesky32 and @Hopeful87 I will definitely post a picture in the ultrasound board once I get it. 

I am taking the Simply One Nutrition prenatal. It is whole foods and supposed to be easier on your stomach but it is quite large as well. I'm wondering if the breakfast I have been eating is not appetizing to baby haha. I will have to test my theory tomorrow. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you?- 5 on the dot!

2. How are you feeling?- So far great. My sense of smell is off the charts lol, but other than that nothing. If I walk around a lot I get a little crampy by the end of the day, but that's about it.

3. Any appointments this week?- Just had my last beta test this morning. Nurse called & said it was great so no more appointments until April 12th when I'm 8 1/2 weeks. 

4. Rants, raves, questions?-  Curious what others are doing for workouts if any. My sister did normal workouts throughout her whole pregnancy without issues. I think I'm a little over cautious since I got pregnant through ivf. 

5. GTKY: Have you bought anything for your baby yet? If so, what? If not, when do you plan to start?- When I started going through IVF I bought 1 of those mini blanket things. It's a duck holding a blanket. Also a Patriots onesie. Figured they were both gender neutral enough. Can't wait until I'm a little further along to start buying more stuff :smile:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Hopeful87 your trip sounds like it's going to be a blast! I've always wanted to go to Ireland! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • famiylgrl86famiylgrl86 member
    edited March 2017
    @MKMandeville I've been taking the one a day prenatal. They're gel kind so they go down easy. I haven't had a problem with them yet. Except I feel like I can smell the fish oil in them so I try to not breath when I take it haha. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @famiylgrl86 You can do any work outs that you were doing before you got pregnant. I'm still working out 3 or 4 days a week - yoga, running, stair stepper, or biking. I totally get being nervous though. I'd just take it easy with the workouts to keep you less anxious about it. Maybe walks or low-impact activities like the bike and the elliptical. Just keep in mind that your blood volume has already increased, so you'll get out of breath and light-headed more easily.

• 1. How many weeks are you? 6 weeks today!

2. How are you feeling? Pretty good. Had a bout of nausea on Saturday morning randomly, and have noticed that if I go longer than 2 hours between snacks/meals I feel ill. So I'm just trying to keep my tummy full. Still pretty tired/no energy. My house is a total embarrassment.....and the frequent urination is starting to creep up on me. 

3. Any appointments this week? None this week, my first one isn't until 4/3.  My OB is a family friend, and at church last night he asked how I was and I said, just tired, am he said, yea no amount of sleep is going to fix that. Haha...so this is going to be fun. 

4. Rants, raves, questions?  Does anyone know if you can use sunless tanner? Or recommend a safe one? This is something I'm not sure if it can harm or not. And I am PASTEY and am a big self tanner, especially during the summer months. 

5. GTKY: Have you bought anything for your baby yet? If so, what? If not, when do you plan to start? I haven't yet.  I plan to wait until after the first appointment to buy anything. I'm not sure how successful I'll be at that. Lol. 
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  • @thj101 No idea on the sunless tanner. I would try bringing it to the dr appt with you and have him look at the ingredients.

•   @kissthesky32 Ha, okay good! I'm glad I'm not alone in being okay with reusing some girl stuff if we have a boy... Honestly they all have the same hairdo for so long that people frequently mix up the sex no matter what you have them in! And yes, the iPad will definitely still be joining us... Hoping it works out like it did for your little one!

@famiylgrl86 i felt overly cautious my last pregnancy too. I stopped running bc of it but kept walking. Now I am doing a weightlifting class (low weights) 2 days a week (on a good week!) and trying to walk 10,000 steps a day. Figure I should get it in now since last trimester I doubt I'll be wanting to do too much! ... Also, a pats fan- are you from MA? I was initially from MA and we have lots of Patriots gear as well!

• 1. How many weeks are you?  5

2. How are you feeling?  Good, but kind of nervous that I'm not experiencing more symptoms.  Boobs were really sore last Tuesday but have been less sore since.  I'm feeling really tired today but I think that's more because of my trip to NYC this weekend.

3. Any appointments this week? pregnancy confirmation Thursday.  I know nothing exciting happens at that appointment but I'm happy to finally have any kind of appointment related to this baby!

4. Rants, raves, questions? @famiylgrl86  I'm also curious about workouts.  I know it's safe to continue workouts you were doing before pregnancy, but I'm still nervous to go hardcore during the ab portion of barre!

5. GTKY: Have you bought anything for your baby yet? If so, what? If not, when do you plan to start?  I gave in and bought some Aden + Anais swaddles on Zulilly last week, thanks to the recommendation of this board.  I started an Amazon registry, too, but I don't think I feel comfortable really starting to purchase things until the end of the first trimester.
  •  @LadyMeowMeow  Even though nothing exciting happens at the pregnancy confirmation appointment is still so awesome to have them confirm that YES, this is really happening! Like you I have almost no symptoms right now. Trying to enjoy it for now and hope that it lasts. 
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 

2. How are you feeling? Nauseous and tired. My breasts hurt so much!

3. Any appointments this week? Had a beta draw today and gave a urine sample because I think I may have a UTI.

This is our third so we should have everything we need but I got rid of a lot, so we have some shopping to do. That said, I bought a new video monitor system for our new house. It was 4 cameras so I can have a camera in each child's room and one in the play room in the basement. I love it! 
    Me: 32 / H: 35
    Married 9-19-2009
    Baby Karrot 1.0 - 6.18.2012 - She's here! Via C-section @ 38 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 2.0 -
    6.25.2015 - He's here! Via VBAC @ 36 weeks.
    Baby Karrot 3.0 - 3.9.2017 - BFP @ 9 DPO! EDD 11.20.2017 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Karrotelle I've been thinking about getting a camera for our playroom too! My kid have just started playing there without me and, while I absolutely LOVE that, I'd like to be able to make sure they're not getting into too much trouble while  I'm doing something else.

• @kissthesky32 Thanks! I think I'll try jumping on the elliptical for a bit. I think it'll feel good to start working out again. All this sitting around is making me antsy. 

@Hopeful87 I'm into running too, but haven't done it in so long kind of nervous to get back into it while pregnant. Thinking of doing the same thing, walking the dog & elliptical instead. Oh small world! I was born in MA but live in Southern NH now.

@LadyMeowMeow glad I'm not the only one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. How many weeks are you?
    7 weeks
    2. How are you feeling?
    A little less tired but the nausea is getting worse. The hunger is getting ridiculous though.
    No. Waiting on the new insurance card to schedule an appointment. I'm not too concerned since I didn't get an appointment with DD until I was 11 weeks and that was just with the nurse. 
    Rant - My DH's brother's wife is pregnant and due end of May. She is having her shower April 1st and we were waiting to tell them that we're expecting until after the shower so I didn't feel like I was "stealing the spotlight". I found out today that her sister is pregnant and a couple weeks behind me. Now I'm like wtf. Do I still wait or do we tell?
    We bought a double stroller and an extra car seat base since they were on sale. Now all we need is a big girl bed and dresser for DD. If it's a boy, we'll only need some clothes. If it's a girl, we're all set except for maybe some more winter clothes. DD is an August baby.
  • cmessamorecmessamore member
    edited March 2017

5 weeks!

2. How are you feeling?

Totally fine...so far! 

none till 8 weeks!

I'm dreading telling our family. This will be baby number 6 for us! (2 are my husband's from a previous marriage) Our family already thinks we're crazy! 

I ordered a crib, but we will wait till we find out the baby's gender to buy anything else! 4/5 of our kiddos are boys, so we won't need much if we have another boy, but if it's a girl, we'll need a lot of items!