Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-in: Week of 20th March

teebricteebric member
edited March 2017 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What are you doing to keep yourself calm and relaxed in the final weeks leading up to the birth? 

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well!

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@kfras EDD 3/15/17 with a little boy
@pdbird EDD 3/22/17 with a little boy
@Happydays13 EDD 4/5/17 with 2 girls
@2legbaby EDD 4/6/17 with a little girl
@cmm012 EDD 4/9/17 with a little boy
@Rachnan EDD 4/13/17 with a little boy
@Knottie36622473 EDD 4/13/17 with a little girl
@babylonghorn16 EDD 4/16/17 with a little surprise bean
@teriulbricht EDD 5/1/17 with little boy
@flanners1 EDD 5/3/17 with a little girl
@BlueEyedDreamer EDD 5/5/17 with a little boy
@pnw12rn EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@cato99 EDD 5/8/17 with a little girl
@kelrauh EDD 5/9/17 with boy/girl twins
@marissy8 EDD 5/21/17 with a little girl
@wifeinraleigh28 EDD 6/3/17 with a little girl
@beckij34 EDD 6/13/17 with a little boy

Congratulations to @ale9687 this past week who had her baby boy Anthony!

Also good luck to @pdbird who will birth her little boy this week!

Also, do we have any news from @kfras ??

ETA - this is my first week posting so if I've missed something, done something wrong etc please let me know :) 

**TW**
Me & DH - 31
TTC since December 2011
Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
2013/14: 6 rounds clomid,
Aug 2015: IVF #1 = Antagonist Cycle: 100 Puregon and Orgalutran
                                 21 eggs collected, only 1 viable embryo, transferred but BFN
July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily
                                      ER 8/8, transferred 1 day 5 blastocyst 13/8, 2 frosties.
                                      Beta #1 = 85  Beta #2 = 242
                                      EDD 1st May 2017 *Baby Boy*

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-in: Week of 20th March

• Hi everyone and welcome to another week!! 

I'm currently 34 weeks and have had my last growth scan today. It was so good to see baby boy once more but he's looking a little squished in there. He's currently measuring ahead (but within normal ranges) of his GA and weighing 2.6kg (5 pound 7). Anyone else feel like there is no more room for their LO to grow hehe

QOTW: I've been given "homework" from my hypnobirthing which is to listen to positive affirmations and meditation guides. I'd ideally love to be doing a prenatal yoga class also, but there are none around my area that allow for casual visits, I would also love to be having acupuncture but my acupuncturist has closed her clinic indefinitely. Oh and netflix.... 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011
    Diagnosis: Unexplained, although mild polycystic ovaries (not syndrome) and irregular cycles
    July/Aug 2016: IVF #2 (with acupuncture) = 87.5 Gonal F and Synarel Spray 2xdaily

• Thank you for taking over the check-in @teriulbricht!

I'm 29+2 today and feeling pretty good overall. Just tired more so throughout the day like I was in 1st trimester. We have our growth scan tomorrow at MFM and I'm so excited to see the baby again! It's been about 7 weeks since our last ultrasound which was the fetal echo. I'm hoping she'll let us see her face this time!

DH and I have been slowly checking things off our getting-ready-for-baby to-do list each weekend. DH is so on top of things and already has his hospital bag packed! I haven't quite gotten that far yet, but I know I need to have it packed by 32 weeks when I start the non-stress tests, just in case.

QOTW: I've been getting prenatal massages, but only about once a month since they are expensive. I have another one scheduled for the 3rd week in April. It helps my carpal tunnel a lot and helps me to relax. Other than that though, I do plan on stopping work about 2 weeks prior to when I'll be induced so that I can just relax at the end as much as possible. I'd also like to have everything completely ready to go for the baby within the next couple of weeks so that we aren't scrambling towards the end!

Just thought I would share a few pics of the nursery, since we've been working so hard. We still have to do some decorating on the walls and get the glider in, but I'm really happy with it so far!

***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi ladies, I've been MIA, so busy at work! I'm now 34 weeks as well and just had my appointment and growth scan this morning. As high risk pregnancy in Asia, I now get a weekly scan until birth - crazy! But on a positive note, my cervix is looking good at 3cm so it looks like I can even carry to term and let her come by herself! 

Today our little girl showed that she had done a serious jump in terms of size: her head is 3 weeks bigger and her body and femur are also 2.5 weeks ahead. I have a huge head and my mum almost died trying to give birth to me vaginally, so I'm slightly freaked out. I was also 4.5kg at birth, my sister was 4.8... Yikes. But I'll have another scan before any decisions are made, so trying to stay relaxed. 
    There is definitely less room in there for movement @teriulbricht  !

Oh and I am going to stop working next Monday! Whoop! I can't wait to kick back and relax a bit. 

We also almost finished our nursery, so that's a big relief. 

QOtW: not sure! Netflix, read and get some massages. It will be odd not to work but I'm sure I will find ways to fill the days. 

@wifeinraleigh28 that nursery is just gorgeous! 

@teriulbricht I've also been looking into hypnobirthing. I'm reading the Mogan Method book and will have 2 sessions with a practitioner. I'm not even sure I can do vaginal yet, but if I do, I'd like to be prepared. I stopped smoking through hypnotherapy 3 years back and it really worked for me. Are you doing Mogan method too? Will you try to go without mehdication? 
    Me: 38, DH: 40 living in Asia
    TTC since March 2015 with known PCOS and MIF
    IVF in 2015. FET nr 3 in 2016 - BFP. Healthy baby girl born in April 2017.
    Trying for nr 2

• @ale9687 Can't wait to see pictures of Baby Anthony!! Congrats again, Mama!

@wifeinraleigh28 nursery is gorgeous!! Those curtains and that chandelier... <3<3<3 ! Love it all. Looks like such a relaxing space.

@flanners1 wow! Can't believe baby is 3 weeks ahead (no pun intended lol). Not gonna lie, had to look up conversion chart from kg to lbs... y'all were BIG babies!! Hope labor isn't as difficult for you, but I'd rather have my baby on the bigger side than the alternative. I've heard bigger babies sleep better. Pros and cons to every situation! Good luck, girl!

AFM - 36 weeks along! I can't believe it! Focusing on my transition plan this week at work. This weekend I did all of baby's laundry, installed car seat, and added some things to hospital bag. Ready to go! Today is my LAST and FINAL shower  :D! Coworkers are throwing this one, so I think it'll be pretty chill. Hubby works at same company, so he'll be attending as well. Should be fun!

I have my 36 week appt with OB this Friday. I'm so jealous of all of you getting growth scans... I think I've said this before, but I haven't seen baby since he/she was 18 weeks! Really wish I could see how things are going in there! Baby is plenty active though, so I don't worry too much :).
    *TW - Pregnancy mentioned*
    Me: 28 DH: 33, Married May 2014
    3 failed IUIs Dec '15 - Feb '16
    IVF April/May 2016 - 1 failed fresh transfer. 11 snow angels.
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
    Lawson arrived on 4/24/2017 at 7lbs 15oz, 21 1/2 inches long!
    Surprise pregnancy!! Baby #2 due 10/11/18 <3
  • Looks like I'm joining you lovely ladies for the remainder of my pregnancy. I'll be 28wks tomorrow with my little guy. I'm due June 13th. He was conceived via IUI with donor sperm. I'm a single mom by choice. I'd love to have a guy in my life but it just hasn't happened yet. I am just now getting around to decorating his nursery. I'll be buying the paint and his new ceiling fan this coming weekend. My theme is giraffe's. I can't wait to meet my little guy and see what he looks like. I also don't want my pregnancy to end because I've enjoyed it. No major hiccups or anything like that. Ezra does have a dilated kidney that they are watching. I have a low hormone which can result in my having pre-e or him being a smaller baby both of which are being monitored. I'll find out wednesday if I passed my three hour glucose test. 

@wifeinraleigh28 I LOVE your daughter's nursery. It's so classy and chic. 
  • @wifeinraleigh28 love the nursery it's gorgeous! 

@flanners1 hope baby's size doesn't give you too many issues....i have heard even the ultrasounds are not super accurate for size, maybe they are over estimating? 

Welcome to the third trimester @beckij34! Hoping for good news on your 3 hour glucose test!

AFM I  am doing well at 37.5 weeks, yesterday was the first day I struggled getting things done. We have an ultrasound to check baby's position on Wednesday, haven't seen her since the anatomy scan!

Qotw NESTING and organizing really keeps me calm....my co worker delivered her baby today and I am so antsy! But realize that staying in there is good for her ☺
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    Dx: PCOS, blocked L fallopian tube, suspect poor egg quality
    MFI (low #, poor morphology)
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
    1st DE FET  5/16-BFN :(
    2nd DE FET 7/18-BFP :)
    8/17 Baby HR 140/min EDD 4/6/17
  • He's precious @ale9687
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • edited March 2017
    @flanners1 I definitely asked Siri to convert those kg's to lb's haha (lame American here)! Wow. You were big babies! How great that you'll be stopping work soon!

@babylonghorn16 Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since your last ultrasound! I guess there are a few perks to being high risk, but since you haven't had any other scans it just means you don't need them. Will there not even be another one as you get close to your due date?

Welcome @beckij34! Glad your little guy is doing well and I love the giraffe nursery theme! I love animal themes in general. If you look closely at the photos I posted you'll see plenty of little elephants everywhere, including the mobile! Have fun putting the nursery together! It has been my favorite project :) Also good luck with your test results.

@2legbaby FX for good positioning at your scan this week! I bet you're looking forward to seeing the little one again.

@ale9687 Oh MY how precious!!! Anthony is absolutely perfect. Thank you for sharing a picture with us!!! :love: Do you have an idea of when you'll be taking him home??

Just a couple of random updates...

So I realized today while I was working (aka sitting in a therapy session with a client) that what I was feeling was the baby hiccuping! I've felt it before but it didn't dawn on me what it actually was, but it was pretty unmistakable. Such a funny feeling, it almost tickled.

Also, we interviewed our first pediatrician this evening and loved the office! There are 3 doctors in the office and 2 of them met with us for almost an hour, answering all our questions. Things I particularly liked: the fact that they have a lactation consultant on staff, since that saves me the trouble of needing to find one on my own. Also, there is no charge for after hours calls (my RE does this really annoying thing where if they determine that your call is NOT an emergency, they charge you. My OB however lets you call and talk to a doctor at any time of the day or night -emergency or not-, which I very much appreciate and I want that same type of care for my baby). We have one more pediatrician interview set up for next month and then we'll make a decision, but I would be perfectly happy going with the one we met today!

• @wifeinraleigh28 I've loved my extra scans. I'm sure now that she is bigger you'll be able to see her better, at least I know I was able to. You are so on top of things! I'm still waiting for the painting to be finished but DH so that I can get stuck in there. I feel like I should just finish it off but he's pretty much against me painting especially cos it's the skirting boards and I'd be on the floor. His exact words were "what if you can't get back up again"
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @kelrauh I totally get your your mixed emotions about leaving the safety of the hospital. Trust and believe that they wouldn't be sending you home if they didn't believe that it was a good idea! At this point, being 30 weeks+ you are past the danger zones and they are able to let the babies come on their own clock now! Enjoy being at home, you deserve it! And just think, the next time you go to the hospital will be to welcome your little loves into the world!

@teriulbricht Hahaha, I'd certainly be worried about being able to get back up too! Sometimes I sit on the floor still when I work with children but I'm going to have to stop that soon because getting up is proving to be more and more challenging!

• @ale9687 - Love the pic. It's getting me more and more excited to meet my little guy tomorrow.

@wifeinraleigh28  - Beautiful nursery

Update: Today, I'm running around doing errands and getting last minute things together. I'm also packing my son for his weekend away with my parents while I am in the hospital. I guess I should also pack my hospital bag, but I feel like I can do that tomorrow before I head to the hospital. Tonight I can't eat or drink anything past midnight (including water) until after the surgery tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to that since I enjoy a huge glass of water in the middle of the night when I get up to pee. I'm sure my anxiety will be running high on my way to the hospital in anticipation. It just seems nutty to think tonight is my last night getting uninterrupted sleep for awhile, and the last night I'll ever feel being pregnant. This is our last kid . . . :)

QOTW: Cleaning is making me more relaxed. It's like cleaning the whole house before a vacation, so when you come home, your house is clean.

Me: 37 DH:41
    10/2009 - TTC#1 Stopped BCP! Let's DO this!
    1/2010 - BFP (Natural) --> 10/2010 - DS born! Yay!
    12/2010 - DH diagnosed with stage 3B testicular cancer. #cancersucks
    10/2011 - Complications with DH and lymph nodes in groin area removed. No longer able to ejaculate.
    1/2014 - TTC#2 - IUI#1. No luck. Findings: DH sperm did not survive freeze. RE recommends IVF with ICSI.
    3/2014 - IVF Cycle #1 Started BCP
    4/2014 - Lupron, Gonal-F, and Menopur
    5/7/2014 - ER day (25 eggs retrieved, 15 mature)
    5/10/2014 - 6 fertilized, 3 embryos frozen - one grade A and two Grade B. Plan was to grow out to blastocyst stage but rest of eggs arrested by day 3. Decided to freeze on day 3.
    2/9/2016 - FET #1 with Grade A (8 cell - 3 day embryo); 2/20 - Beta was <5. BFN.  :/ Waiting for period and start next FET.
    7/8/2016 - FET #2 with Grade B (8 cell - 3 day embryo), fingers crossed this one sticks. :)
    7/19 - Beta was 74. BFP!!!!; 7/21 - Beta was 182; 1st U/S on 8/2; 2nd U/S on 8/16 :)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • @wifeinraleigh28 last time I asked, ob said I wouldn't get another scan unless there were issues. She's treating me just like a normal patient (*tear*). So I guess that's a good sign. Oh, and my little guy/gal has been hiccuping away for the past several weeks. I think it's SO CUTE! <3 

@ale9687 OMGOSH!! Such a cutie! He's so perfect! Can't believe there's an actual HUMAN that looks like your sweet Anthony growing inside of me right now. I always imagine the baby as tiny still, even though my belly tells a different story lol! Congrats!! 

@kelrauh I understand your apprehension. Would be really tough to leave that "safe place". But 25 minutes away isn't bad!! And like pp said, they wouldn't be sending you home if they had any doubts. Hope your babies stay put for a while so that you can relax! GL with nursery!

@pdbird TOMORROW!! Wow! Good luck!! You will be in my prayers!

AFM - had some pretty intense Braxton Hicks last night. Didn't feel like just a tightening in my belly this time, but actual contractions that made me wince a few times. I was driving home from work when they started. Didn't know what to do, so I waited them out. Started timing them at one point, but they were so sporadic (one clue that they weren't actual labor pains). After about an hour they subsided. I have my 36 week checkup on Friday, so I will be mentioning this to doc. She'll also be checking my cervix at this visit. Anyone else having more severe BH lately?
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @pdbird Eeeeeek I'm so excited for your big day tomorrow!!! I hope you get some rest tonight. I think I'd be too excited to sleep!

Growth scan today went well! Baby is in the 57th percentile and is estimated to weigh about 3 lbs 2 oz! Apparently her head is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead though which makes me grateful for my 39 week induction! Haha. She wouldn't let us see her face as she was all curled up in a ball with her knees blocking, however we got a fantastic picture of her hand covering her vagina. My modest little girl :lol: Next scan will be at 35 weeks!

• @pdbird - I'm so excited for you!!! I cant imagine the anxiety before a c-section. 

@wifeinraleigh28 - what a great scan!!! She's getting big!

@babylonghorn16 - contractions stink. I'm glad you are so calm about it.

I am home!!!!! It feels strange. I never thought I would cry leaving a hospital but right when I got in the car my emotions just went haywire and I started balling like a baby. The last 2 months I never thought I would be coming home without having given birth. But there I was sitting in the car pregnant and babies kicking me like crazy, it didn't seem real. I feel so blessed to at least be home right now laying on my couch surrounded by all of my shower gifts with little ones moving all around in my belly and snuggling my fur babies (even though my cat seems mad at me). The next time I go to the hospital even if it's tonight I'm not coming home until they are born.

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• ergh, I'm so annoyed, the rest of my previous post with all my replies to everyone didn't fully post!! damn app!

@flanners1 my LO seemed to have a growth spurt also. Will they suggest a c-section if the head is a certain size, or baby weighs a certain amount? Yay for stopping work soon, I've still got a couple of weeks left but I'm only working a few days each week so it's not too strenuous. I haven't heard of the Mogan Method, I'm following the hypnobirthing australia course and I just bought the book "Childbirth without fear" which is due to arrive on my doorstep any minute. As for meds, the plan is to see if I can manage without, but if I feel I need them then I will ask. What about you?

@babylonghorn16 I hope your last shower was fun! Did you get those last few things that you needed? It sounds like you are well and truly prepared for LO to show up! As for the growth scan, it might be best, being team green, that you haven't had a scan since 18 weeks, I could definitely tell from my 34 week US that I was having a boy without the tech mentioning anything. Although it has been really nice to see him with his features pretty much formed, I think he has my lips and cheeks! As for the BH, mine haven't been more intense, but I feel like they come more often especially if I'm moving about.

@beckij34 welcome! I have added you to the list above. My advice, definitely do as much as you can for the nursery now, I still have plenty to do but not a lot of energy to do it! Your giraffe theme sounds cute! Make sure you post pics! Hoping that the rest of the pregnancy continues without any major hiccups, and good luck with the glucose test.

@2legbaby do you have any idea how baby is positioned and is the US just to see if she's engaged? I also hear you on the "antsy" part. I keep reminding myself that although it would be so awesome to be holding my LO it's a little too early for him to come out yet and he's best to stay put for a few more weeks. I'm just so impatient to meet him!

@ale9687 he is so sweet.

@wifeinraleigh28 I remember when I realised what I was feeling was him hiccuping, it was the oddest feeling! I also didn't realise till the second or third time it happened. I do remember thinking how odd it was that the kicks/movement I was feeling was rhythmic rather than random. Cute scan story!!  She does sound very modest hehe, shame you couldn't see much of her face though.

@kelrauh I'm sorry you are feeling overwhelmed emotionally, it's completely understandable considering what you have been through and the fact that the hospital is the best place to be if something happens. Glad you are now in the comfort of your own home. Rest up and start bossing people around to get your nursery underway hehe 

@pdbird I am so excited for you! I can't believe you will have you LO in your arms before long. Wishing you all the best for a positive birth and make sure you let us all know how it went once you're ready. I understand the cleaning, there is nothing better than coming home from being away to a beautiful clean house, and you're right it truly is calming! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• Hiiii all,

I've also been MIA from this board for a bit with lots of work, and was spending more time over on the gestational diabetes thread in my BMB because I was feeling VERY sorry for myself from that diagnosis and the drag of treatment. Luckily I have a borderline case and with my food and exercise lifestyle it's pretty undetectable, so after a few weeks of (super annoying and time-consuming) monitoring I was just discharged by the MFM and GD program. I feel like I can finally enjoy my pregnancy again.

@ale9687 OMG CONGRATULATIONS on an absolutely perfect little boy! You must be thrilled! And probably tired :)
    @pdbird good luck tonight/tomorrow! 
    @kelrauh I am so pleased for you that you were able to go home, though I can certainly understand the anxiety of being away from the hospital. Great job keeping those babies in!
    @wifeinraleigh28 that's a really polished nursery! You're definitely ahead of the curve with baby preparations!

AFM I'm 33 weeks and only in the past few days have had the chance to start nesting HARDCORE. We are finally wrapping up a poorly-timed construction project which had us living in the baby's future room on a futon, so we were able to start sleeping in our room again which freed up space to start moving things around in the future nursery. My siblings came this past weekend from out of town to help with nursery set up, hand-me-down sorting, and baby-shower celebrations--it was a crazy-fun weekend and really felt like a kick-off ceremony to the final stages of this pregnancy.

QOTW: I have a bad tendency towards anxiety so I have a lot of coping and relaxation methods in place--sometimes they work, sometimes they don't, but I think I'd be a nervous wreck without them (even with them I had a week of panic attacks recently until I made some crucial changes at work). Most importantly, I haven't let up on my exercise routine at all, even when it's super hard, even when I'm dying of heartburn, even when I'm BH-ing, even when my pelvis feels like it's about to dissolve into molten lava, because I know those endorphins are crucial and if I stop for a day or two it will be hard to get back on. I hike about an hour a day on a series of loops I designed to be just the right length and elevation change for my condition. Additionally, if I have 10-20 minutes here or there I try to jump on our treadmill for an uphill walk. I have a weekly pre-natal yoga class, and I try to swim at every opportunity I can--there isn't an easy option for me at home, so I've arranged a number of trips around being able to go swimming. 

Other than that, I'm stuffing as many spa visits into my schedule as possible, plan to spend every non-working and non-nesting minute in a warm bath now that our bathroom is complete, and have covered everything in the universe in lavender: I'm burning lavender candles, using lavender-rosemary body-wash, pouring lavender epsom salt in the bath, and will probably give birth to a bundle of lavender.
  • It's good to see you back here @cato99 I'm sorry you're dealing with GD, and glad you've finished up the program and are able to enjoy pregnancy again! Wow, go you with all that exercise! One thing I highly regret is stopping my exercise back in first tri when I was dealing with all day ms. Now I just feel like I don't have the stamina and lost all my fitness. It's one thing I'm going to stay on top of when I've been given the all clear after birth in prep for my next pregnancy. The lavender sounds lovely, are you planning on having that scent around during labour? 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• Thinking of you today @pdbird!
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @cato99 So sorry about the GD diagnosis! But congrats on graduating from the program. Your LO will be here soon and then everything should even out anyway! I want to sing your praises for doing the treadmill while pregnant. The most exercise I do is a stroll around our neighborhood, which I try to do each morning but I'll admit I don't always have the energy. Like @teriulbricht I'm hoping to get back into really working out after the baby is here because I've been feeling pretty bummed about my lack of physical fitness lately! Definitely want to get back in shape before we do our next FET for baby #2!

@pdbird You're in my thoughts!! H&H surgery and baby!!! Can't wait to see a pic of the little one!

• @teriulbricht we didn't get humidifier, but got everything else!! We are so lucky... I think they only thing we've actually bought is a hamper! All the rest has been given or purchased with giftcards. So thankful for all the ppl in our lives! That's so cute that you were able to see baby's face so well! I can't WAIT to see our LO and see whose traits he/she inherited. So exciting!

@cato99 wow, that's great you are so active!! I fell off the work-out wagon around week 33. I'm just so tired these days! Keep at it!!

@wifeinraleigh28 looking forward to working out again as well! I miss being able to do high intensity workouts. I'm not used to just walking or doing light exercise... I get so bored!! lol

@pdbird GL!! Prayers for you and your family. Excited to see pictures!!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • @babylonghorn16 you definitely are lucky to have all those people in your lives! And not long now till you'll see your little one! 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• I'm 33 weeks today and starting to have lots of pubic symphysis pain.  I bought a stretchy pelvis support belt that seems to help, but I'm hoping this doesn't hang around for the rest of this pregnancy!

I did just suddenly remember today that we haven't figured out our cord blood plan--is anyone else here doing cord blood preservation?? Which company did you go with??

We are definitely going to bank cord blood.  I realize that for the vast majority of people, you won't ever need it, but we feel that there is a bit higher likelihood of someone in my family needing it, so we're going to shell out the $$ and do it.  There are BRCA mutations in both sides of my family (and yet I am the only one who has had breast cancer....), which has a huge increase in breast and ovarian cancers.  With all the stem cell research and advances going on, there is a real possibility of these cord blood cells being useful if/when someone in the family gets cancer.  My OB just needs us to get this set up and the cord bank people I guess will send us a collection kit to hand the MDs before my C-section.  I just need to pick a company to go with.  Suggestions?
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • @PNW12RN Sorry about the pain you are feeling :( Banking cord blood is something we were really considering, however my OB last week kind of talked us out of it. It was hard for us to see a reason why we would need it, but for the BRCA mutations in your family I think it totally makes sense! It's still something we might consider but we just need to think about it more and do a little more research.

• kelrauhkelrauh member
    edited March 2017
    @PNW12RN - I am really considering it. My mother in law passed away of non hodkins lymphoma and needed a bone marrow transplant. My friend from high school had lukiema and ended up dying because he couldn't find a bone marrow donor. The only thing holding me back is the cost with having two. Its hard to choose a company but from what I read you definately want to use one of the top three that come up. I was looking at viacord. Our ob said she had never had someone actually do it which surprised me since you can donate it to the public banks for free. 

**Trigger warning**

Age: 25 DH: 28 Together since 2011, Married May 2014 and TTC since April 2015

MFI (3% morphology) 

3/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

4/16 - IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

6/16 IUI with femara & ovidrel - BFN

8/19/16 - IVF - 

• Retrieval 9/4
    • Transfer 9/6
    • 9/16 - BFP 1st Beta -110 
    • 9/20 - 2nd beta - 762
    • TWINS!!!! EDD 5/28/2017

• @PNW12RN sorry to hear about the pain you're in, hopefully the support belt will help to ease that. I think it's a smart idea for you to do cord banking. I looked into it but haven't really decided yes or no yet, although im
    leaning more towards no purely due to the cost. 
    I thought I read somewhere that if you cord bank you can't do delayed cord clamping? Has anyone else come across this? 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @teriulbricht  I'm told that you can do delayed cord clamping, but that *may* leave too little blood in the cord for banking.  No guarantees either way.

I tried the pelvic support belt today at work, and it really does help.  I just got a cheapie one off Amazon that goes around my pelvis and is stretchy and adjustable, and got some instant relief.  I took it off for an hour or so mid-day because I was starting to feel all squished, but put it back on and was definitely wearing it for my walking around and walking home.  A great $15, I'm thinking....
    Me: Age 40  Husband: Age 41
    Chemo killed my ovaries (along with a BRCA1 mutation, which causes DOR)
    4/30/13 ER just prior to chemo: 8 embryos frozen at 2pn. 2 survived to blasts/1 PGS normal

4/16 ER cancelled on CD7: 1 follicle on L/ 0 follicles on R
    FET #1  7/13/16  BFN

Super shocker +HPT 9/19
    Baby Alyce arrived 5/8/17

Went forward with donor eggs from my sister for baby #2
    ER 4/24, 5 eggs fertilized/1 survived to blast and was chromosomally normal.

FET 2/15 (my sister/donor's birthday!).  Beta 10dp5dt:172; beta 12dp5dt: 425

My TTC/Cancer/Random thoughts blog:  http://www.dinktodiapers.blogspot.com/
  • Ah ok.. so many decisions that we have to make! Is anyone else feeling slightly overwhelmed by it all? 
    Glad it was a help @PNW12RN
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @teriulbricht I'm definitely feeling overwhelmed by all the decisions. I just did some preliminary internet research on delayed cord clamping because I hadn't even thought that far yet. I don't even know where to begin making these decisions!

• Yay congrats @pdbird so adorable!! Glad it all went smoothly, I hope the breastfeeding gets easier for you soon. 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• He's perfect @pdbird!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

I am having a little freak out ladies- all day today I had non stop/non painful braxton hicks contractions -the most I have ever had. After I got home I was doing a few little things in the nursery and felt a little "wet" down there....TMI but I had bloody mucus on my panty liner and around the same time started having persistent low grade, lower abdominal/uterine pain and intermittent mildly painful contractions....I called the doctors office and her advice was to drink more water, take a bath and benadryl to sleep tonight...I guess everything I read about "bloody show" was that it usually (not always) proceeds labor by 24-48 hours and the fact that I am having these uncomfortable contractions....she didn't even suggest I could be in labor, said to sleep it off over night and get in tomorrow for an appointment.....WHAT???? Since she is the on call doctor I am worried that if the contractions get worse/more consistent she is going to try and ignore that too....in which case do I just go to the hospital of my own accord?

******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • Oh @2legbaby it does sound like you've had the "bloody show" have you been timing the contractions? I guess I would be listening to the advice but also monitoring what's happening, if the contractions are becoming more frequent and more intense etc. The advice I've been given is if there are 3 contractions within 10 minutes to get myself to a hospital. I don't know what kind of birth you were preparing for or how far away the hospital is for you so the advice given to me might not be the best advice for you. 
    Maybe her advice was given so that you could rest up before labour gets too intense? 
    **TW**
    Me & DH - 31
    TTC since December 2011

• @pdbird Yaaaay Ryan is absolutely PRECIOUS! Congrats mama!!! Thank you for sharing the pics :love:

@2legbaby Sorry you're freaking out :( I would definitely follow the nurse's advice as it seems like if anything you are getting some early signs that labor could be around the corner. Though not yet imminent enough to go to the hospital. Definitely call again though if your contractions worsen or get closer together. Hang in there, and of course, if you need reassurance or get too worried, go to the hospital to get checked out!

• @pdbird ENORMOUS congratulations!! What a lovely little boy!!!

@2legbaby wow it sounds like you're getting close! I hope you are able to remain calm and get some clearer answers soon! 
  • @pdbird CONGRATS! He's perfect! Glad everything went smoothly.

@2legbaby sounds like you're getting close!! Jealous! I think doctor's advice was solid. I'm not planning on going to the hospital until my contractions are 7 min apart (hospital is 25 min away WITHOUT traffic). Every book I've read and classes I've gone to say to rest up before labor... so that was problem his/her intent there. Can't wait to hear more from you! Good luck!
    1st FET 7/29/16 = BFP
  • Thank you ladies! Just came back from doctors...70%effaced 2 cm dilated officially in early labor! Baby doing well so we are back home to wait for consistent contractions, doctor says unlikely we will get past weekend before she arrives! 
    ******TW*****
    Me 39 DH44
    Married 8/2/14
    TTC 9/14
    IVF #1 9/15 Failed
    IVF #2 12/15 Failed
  • @pdbird Congrats!! Ryan is adorable! 

@2legbaby So exciting that your little girl will be arriving so soon! Wishing you all the best with your labor and delivery!!

I am 34 weeks today and had a good OB checkup this morning. Not much to report other than lots of BH contractions. Of course, as soon as I finished my PhD last week, I got a terrible cold, so I've been trying to rest up and get better from that. I was SO CLOSE to making it through this whole pregnancy without getting sick!! As soon as I get better, it will be time to get all the baby stuff out of the attic and get busy sorting and cleaning and putting it all away. So excited to finally nest!
    *** Trigger Warnings ***

TTC #1 since March 2011
    Dx = Unexplained IF
    1 medicated TI cycle & 4 clomid IUIs = all BFNs
    June 2013 IVF #1 = 6 frosties + BFP!
    DS1 born 2/14

TTC #2 since December 2014
    May 2015 unassisted BFP ended in m/c at 7wks
    April 2016 FET #1 = BFN
    June 2016 FET #2 = c/p
    August 2016 FET #3 = BFP!
    DS2 born 4/17