November 2017 Moms

Re: UO Thursday 3/16

• @av2323 me either! DHs family is obsessed with survivor. I don't get it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ArtificialRed I watch it for the drama!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Have you guys seen the spoof version of the Bachelor (I think it's called Burning Love?).  It's so accurate and when I watch the Bachelor I think it's just a comedy sketch and then I LOL when I remember it's "real life" and people are actually acting that way.  I only watch it sporadically because all of the "on the journey to find true love" interview garbage that the actual bachelor does makes me gag too much. 

adiratNYTino24
  • adiratadirat member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    @TallMomma29 I loved Burning Love! Totally hilarious. I've actually never watched The Bachelor but I loved that show.

Yes, I would love to stalk your chart!
    DH & I: Both 28
    IF Dx: Premature ovarian insufficiency and luteal phase defect associated with genetic mutation 
    BFP 2/23/17, EDD 11/3/17

BabyFruit Ticker

TallMomma29
  • JDW0325JDW0325 member
    500 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    My UO.....
    I do not understand the hype over Game of Thrones.
    RiverSong15elsieisamoocowdragonfly87
  • @TallMomma29 do you remember bubble nails from a couple years ago? It actually made me gag when I saw them.
    TallMomma29elsieisamoocowugoglencocoNYTino24
  • @colorwheel yesssss!  I just gagged reading that.  Hated those too!  

colorwheel
  • av2323av2323 member
    250 Love Its 100 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary
    @DuchessOfCambridge  I snorted at "naked in a milk bath".

I could get behind a Bachelor fantasy league.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

DuchessOfCambridge
  • Mine is that I don't understand why everyone says babies smell good. I've held a bunch of babies and their smell ranged from neutral to sour milk and stale diaper aroma. I've certainly never enjoyed smelling a baby ever. Their heads smell like heads. Not magic. Sorry!! 
    Me: 31 Husbando: 48
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Tourmalily haha I'm one of those people who thinks babies smell good! They smell like pink to me, which probably makes no sense. Really I think they smell like clean diapers and those just smell good to me because babies <3 <3 <3
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Tourmalilyugoglencoco
  • @DuchessOfCambridge I'm a photographer and am so glad no one has asked me to do a milk bath. I don't get it. I've only seen one I liked and it was because it was a 7 year old boy (another photographer's kid) in swim trunks who was surrounded by fruit loops. His expressions were hilarious too. 
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    DuchessOfCambridgekissthesky32BayCampthistlenweeds
  • @DuchessOfCambridge hilariously one of my fb friends is a photographer and just posted a pic from a maternity shoot she did. A very beautiful picture but why would I be wearing an evening gown outside while holding my belly? Haha

I can't stand the smell of baby powder or diaper cream, so that's probably why I'm not into it. I have a lovely baby safe lotion with no added fragrance that I'm gonna have to put on the kid so I don't have to smell zinc oxide paste.  
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
    DuchessOfCambridgejess0211
  • @elsieisamoocow that sounds really adorable actually! I'm still confused by it, but it sounds super cute.
    @Tourmalily If you want maternity pictures of yourself in a nice dress I understand that! It's these gowns I don't get: http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-25381-burgundy-off-shoulder-open-maternity-photoshoot-gowndress.aspx?DepartmentID=1
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    elsieisamoocow
  • @DuchessOfCambridge okay that is a very lingerie-esque robe, NOT a dress. 
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
    DuchessOfCambridge
  • @ugoglencoco I wouldn't say it ruins me for days, maybe just the ten minutes after I watch it. The reason I personally love it is because it touches on a lot of real life issues like race, anxiety, losing your parents, losing your children. I guess I like how empathetic it makes me feel especially in a world where I see a great lack of empathy.

I also just really like sad stories/movies/songs/books. Idk why. I read every book I can get my hands on about the Holocaust. It's horrible and so fascinating. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    NYTino24
  • UO from the other end of the spectrum.. I think the dress is gorgeous for a photo shoot, but why on God's green earth did she go with those granny panties??
    Tourmalily
  • @NYTino24 I'm so with you on the ice cream and hot chocolate. It can be the middle of a blizzard and I'll eat ice cream.
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    adiratNYTino24
  • That makes me love my sn even more! I live in southern California, and I'm the only "bent spoon" out here. I am also all about hc and ice cream year round. And hot tea during the summer. 
    NYTino24