June 2016 Moms

First Birthday Ideas!

2»

Re: First Birthday Ideas!

• meggyme said:

I finally got our invitation finished for Lillyana's birthday.  I'm hoping to get them in the mail tonight!  We have over 100 on our list but I know only about 1/2 will come.  We are planning to do a buffet style meal (rigatoni, s&s meatballs, cheesy potatoes, carrots, salad and rolls).  I'm hoping that I will be able to make decorations with my cricut rather than buy them.  I found a few things on Amazon but they are really pricey.
    Just for Internet safety, so might want to blur out your address and phone number before posting the picture. They turned out super cute though!
    I realized that right after I posted it.  I'm not sure how to blur it out now!
    Although it's not a home address so I'm not too concerned.
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• meggyme said:

I finally got our invitation finished for Lillyana's birthday.  I'm hoping to get them in the mail tonight!  We have over 100 on our list but I know only about 1/2 will come.  We are planning to do a buffet style meal (rigatoni, s&s meatballs, cheesy potatoes, carrots, salad and rolls).  I'm hoping that I will be able to make decorations with my cricut rather than buy them.  I found a few things on Amazon but they are really pricey.
    Just for Internet safety, so might want to blur out your address and phone number before posting the picture. They turned out super cute though!
    I realized that right after I posted it.  I'm not sure how to blur it out now!
    Black it out in a separate pdf, should be the redact feature. Take out that old image and add the new one  :D
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • meggymemeggyme member
    You'd probably have to edit the original post and delete the image and then edit it somehow.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @Love4Labs326 I just sent you a redacted version in your inbox. You just need to edit your original post, delete the pic, and upload the redacted version. Good to go!
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    I'm only having a party because my husband's family will have a shit fit if I don't. Is that bad??
  • rlbrooks84rlbrooks84 member
    edited May 2017
    Tawny87 said:
    I'm only having a party because my husband's family will have a shit fit if I don't. Is that bad??
    No I wanted to have a little party just us but my family and my husband and his family would all throw a fit. So my oldest is having his party and then afterwards we'll do a cake for Charlotte. I'm so over party planning and it's still May. My middle son had his party last weekend and then we're having Charlotte and Caleb's party June 3rd and then two weekends later it's my dad's 70th birthday party that I'm also throwing. I am excited about Charlotte's cake. I'll make my flower white since the frosting is going to be strawberry and that's too much pink.

edited to say I don't know why it put my picture in the box
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    Tawny87 said:
    No I wanted to have a little party just us but my family and my husband and his family would all throw a fit. So my oldest is having his party and then afterwards we'll do a cake for Charlotte. I'm so over party planning and it's still May. My middle son had his party last weekend and then we're having Charlotte and Caleb's party June 3rd and then two weekends later it's my dad's 70th birthday party that I'm also throwing. I am excited about Charlotte's cake. I'll make my flower white since the frosting is going to be strawberry and that's too much pink.

edited to say I don't know why it put my picture in the box
    I don't know what I'm going to do when they get older. Honestly I dont like to mix our families together. I guess they can just have "friend" parties when they get older.
  • I saw this randomly on imgur and wanted to share.

• I saw this randomly on imgur and wanted to share.

That is awesome. Who said kids get to have all the fun?
  • I do t think I shared any of Preston's birthday drama on here, it's been so nuts.  Basically we were very close with DJ's cousin and clan and the boys are exactly a year apart which is funny to us cause DH and his cousin are exactly 2 years apart!  We planned on doing a joint party for the boys since it's the same family and all buuuuuuut... On Christmas Eve DHs cousin told his wife that he never loved her and left her.  I'm extremely close to his wife so this made the whole thing very stressful for us but we still wanted to make this party work.  Well the focus was supposed to be mostly on Preston since it's his first birthday and all and my aunt-in-law (DHs cousin's mom) was letting have it at her house.  Well her and the ex-wife of course started having drama which was put on Facebook and vented to family then come e to find that my aunt-in-law didn't want too many people and I found out that the ex-wife had already invited her whole family, leaving no room to invite any of ours except for those who are also related to their son.  She supposed to be one of my best friends and she hijacked Preston's party.  I had no issue with her parents and sister being there but extended aunt's and uncles?  So yesterday I got fed up with all the drama and split the parties up and pushed Preston's​ back a week. I feel so relieved. Now we can do our own thing.  
  • I do t think I shared any of Preston's birthday drama on here, it's been so nuts.  Basically we were very close with DJ's cousin and clan and the boys are exactly a year apart which is funny to us cause DH and his cousin are exactly 2 years apart!  We planned on doing a joint party for the boys since it's the same family and all buuuuuuut... On Christmas Eve DHs cousin told his wife that he never loved her and left her.  I'm extremely close to his wife so this made the whole thing very stressful for us but we still wanted to make this party work.  Well the focus was supposed to be mostly on Preston since it's his first birthday and all and my aunt-in-law (DHs cousin's mom) was letting have it at her house.  Well her and the ex-wife of course started having drama which was put on Facebook and vented to family then come e to find that my aunt-in-law didn't want too many people and I found out that the ex-wife had already invited her whole family, leaving no room to invite any of ours except for those who are also related to their son.  She supposed to be one of my best friends and she hijacked Preston's party.  I had no issue with her parents and sister being there but extended aunt's and uncles?  So yesterday I got fed up with all the drama and split the parties up and pushed Preston's​ back a week. I feel so relieved. Now we can do our own thing.  
    That's crazy! I'm glad that Preston will get his own special day though. Sounds like the ex-wife was just trying to either make herself comfortable or make her presence felt after the marriage fall out. Glad you're steering clear of the drama
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    I do t think I shared any of Preston's birthday drama on here, it's been so nuts.  Basically we were very close with DJ's cousin and clan and the boys are exactly a year apart which is funny to us cause DH and his cousin are exactly 2 years apart!  We planned on doing a joint party for the boys since it's the same family and all buuuuuuut... On Christmas Eve DHs cousin told his wife that he never loved her and left her.  I'm extremely close to his wife so this made the whole thing very stressful for us but we still wanted to make this party work.  Well the focus was supposed to be mostly on Preston since it's his first birthday and all and my aunt-in-law (DHs cousin's mom) was letting have it at her house.  Well her and the ex-wife of course started having drama which was put on Facebook and vented to family then come e to find that my aunt-in-law didn't want too many people and I found out that the ex-wife had already invited her whole family, leaving no room to invite any of ours except for those who are also related to their son.  She supposed to be one of my best friends and she hijacked Preston's party.  I had no issue with her parents and sister being there but extended aunt's and uncles?  So yesterday I got fed up with all the drama and split the parties up and pushed Preston's​ back a week. I feel so relieved. Now we can do our own thing.  
    That is terrible! I hate when people make things so dramatic, I don't think you will regret having a separate party.
  • meggymemeggyme member
    @adiaz132003 that is such a cute idea!!!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Ordered these from a local gal. I picked them up today. I can't believe the big ONE is right around the corner!?!?

Omg so cute!!! Can I steal this idea?!?!? We are doing Mickey Mouse too!!
  • Ordered these from a local gal. I picked them up today. I can't believe the big ONE is right around the corner!?!?

Go for it!  Too bad our babies birthdays weren't farther apart then I could give you all the Mickey stuff I'm crafting!  LOL.  Yesterday I made 3 banners that turned out so cute...but good lord how do people do this for fun/for a
    living!?! I'm too OCD for crafting to be enjoyable.  :D

Go for it!  Too bad our babies birthdays weren't farther apart then I could give you all the Mickey stuff I'm crafting!  LOL.  Yesterday I made 3 banners that turned out so cute...but good lord how do people do this for fun/for a
    Totally agree! My husband and I spent a good chunk of the weekend working on decorations. We had fun but man, a lot of work for sure and we're still not done. I don't think I could do it on a regular basis. As far as what to do with the stuff after the party, we have a few people we know with babies younger than Damien so we plan to offer everything to them. 

Haha yeah our party is gonna be on the 17th thanks to all the family drama but it works out well for us in the end.  June is a busy birthday month for us 

Haha yeah our party is gonna be on the 17th thanks to all the family drama but it works out well for us in the end.  June is a busy birthday month for us 
    Ours in on the 17th as well!  (His actual bday is the 14th)

Damien's is on the 17th as well, which is his birthday so it worked out.

Ah yes, good ol flag day! It's the best holiday of the year.  That's my birthday too.  ;)

Ah yes, good ol flag day! It's the best holiday of the year.  That's my birthday too.  ;)
    Aww happy early birthday to you!  That's awesome. 

Too bad Ethan shares his actual birthday with the clown we call the President  :s
  • Tawny87Tawny87 member
    lyoash31 said:

Today was the boys' birthday party. It was a fun bbq with close family and friends, the sprinkler, kiddie pool, and a cake smash.
    Beautiful job! Looks like you got some great pics too : )
  • So, apparently people don't like to RSVP. Lol. Do I follow up with them?  Or do I just assume they aren't coming?  Or are they just going to show up?  I need to know a headcount for food (we're ordering pizza) and so I know how many tables and chairs to rent. 
  • So, apparently people don't like to RSVP. Lol. Do I follow up with them?  Or do I just assume they aren't coming?  Or are they just going to show up?  I need to know a headcount for food (we're ordering pizza) and so I know how many tables and chairs to rent. 
    I'd reach out to get a confirmation in some way, shape, or form. That's so frustrating/rude though, hate that people do that.
  • I finally convinced my husband that I don't have the time/energy to bake the cake and/or cupcakes for Damien's birthday. In all honesty, I probably could carve out some time right before his birthday but I just hate feeling rushed. My guess is he changed his mind after realizing that the DIY approach is a lot more time-consuming and, at times, a bit more difficult than anticipated. This stems from his last minute, "We don't need to buy the decorations, let's just make them all ourselves!" idea. We're having fun making the decorations though, just taking a bit longer to finish.
  • Party is on Saturday and I'm stressing out over all the damn details. Lol. I wrote a huge list of stuff to get done before Saturday. 

Went to costco this morning to order pizza for his party. 15 Costco pizzas. Hopefully that's enough  :#