July 2017 Moms
Options

All About Breast Pumps

1235»

Re: All About Breast Pumps

• Options
    @lph4248 I actually used my Keurig hot water to warm up the frozen/cold breast milk and it worked well. I wouldn't say to buy one for that purpose, but if you have one, that works nicely!
  • Options
    We have an electric kettle that heats up water quickly-- but honestly, hot tap water did the trick just fine! I never targeted a specific temperature; "warm" was close enough. And he was happy enough to drink it cold, too, as PP have mentioned, but since I mostly froze milk I had to use the warm water to defrost it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mamadcb said:
    We have an electric kettle that heats up water quickly-- but honestly, hot tap water did the trick just fine! I never targeted a specific temperature; "warm" was close enough. And he was happy enough to drink it cold, too, as PP have mentioned, but since I mostly froze milk I had to use the warm water to defrost it. 
    Exactly.
  • Options
    I have also heard of using a Crock Pot with an inch or so of water in it. I don't know how long it would take to thaw frozen, but I know a couple of moms that use it to heat liquid, and it only takes a few minutes.
  • Options
    Mea culpa. I am confusing sterilizing the bottle with heating it up. My daycare provider has a bottle warmer, and I plan to breastfeed when I'm with the baby, so hopefully I won't have to bother with heating too many bottles up. It sounds like a bit of a hassle!
  • Options
    Mea culpa. I am confusing sterilizing the bottle with heating it up. My daycare provider has a bottle warmer, and I plan to breastfeed when I'm with the baby, so hopefully I won't have to bother with heating too many bottles up. It sounds like a bit of a hassle!
    It's not bad, but nursing is usually still easier. (As long as you're not one of the people facing latxh/supply/etc issues.)
  • Options
    DD never took a cold bottle. We even heated her milk up a bit in the microwave once she started taking cows milk. She refused. It made leaving the house for more than 2-3 hours almost impossible when she wasn't breastfeeding anymore because I'd have to find boiling water to heat up a bag of breastmilk. We tried everything and she just would refuse. Ahhhhhhh I hope it's different this time I felt so tied down by that. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.