Baby Names
Options

Too similar?

DH and I just recently found out we're expecting! We haven't found out the sex yet, but we've been starting the process of deciding on a name. DH has a son from a previous relationship named Benjamin who goes by Ben. Our current top contender for the boys is Owen. What do you guys think, are they too similar? Any other suggestions for us? The middle name will be David. 

Some other names on our list:
Connor (DH loves, but I have a bad connection to the name)
James
Oliver
Brody (another DH loves, I just don't know if I can get on board)
Levi (my favorite, DH doesn't like)

Re: Too similar?

• Options
    I think Ben and Owen are cute together, and not too similar at all. From your list, I really like Oliver and James, especially with the nn Jamie. 

Other suggestions to go with Ben:
    Noah
    Ezra
    Isaac
    Caleb
    Leo
    Luke
    Miles
    Jonah
    Everett
    Graham
    Milo
    Grant
    Parker

• Options
    Levi is the best by far! Classic biblical name but rarely used I think? Oliver and Connor are just really overdone . James is classic and really nice but maybe a bit boring. I would say Levi, Brody or Owen in that order. Ben and Owen are similar but they do kinda run into each other when you say them together.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Owen works fine with Benjamin/Ben but I also love Oliver and think they pair great together!
  • Options
    I don't think that Owen and Ben are too close to each other. Of your list, I like Oliver and James. We have a James, and both Oliver and Benjamin were on our short list if #2 had been a boy...so I like your style. ;)

I would toss Connor if you have negative connotations to it, and probably Brody too if you're struggling with it. Brody is matchy-er with Ben than Owen is and has always given me a frat boy vibe. Levi is super overused where I am, so that's a big turn off for me personally, but if your DH truly doesn't like it, you should toss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    not to close at all
  • Options
    Congratulations!

Owen and Ben are fine together! James and Levi are my favourite options from your list. I also like Oliver. Connor and Brady are NMS.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It's hard to be certain on a name, my favorite from your list is Levi. My DH nixed everyname I liked, and his were um well, not going to get anywhere with me. Ultimately when I was about 30+ weeks my head hurt when we couldn't agree. Keep your instant faves on a list and plan on using one of them. DH will get on board eventually if he can hear them over, and over again. It might grow on him. My personal problem was familiarity, and association. My DH only suggested names of guys he knew, and had positive thoughts on. I didn't mind finding a name I liked based on spelling, and sound. Also my DH nixed our name, we ultimately used, but I was so in love with it, he grew to completely love it
  • Options
    I don't like Ben and Owen together. The ens bother me. I like all of the other names on your list, although I wouldn't choose Ben and Brody either.
  • Options
    nanner26nanner26 member
    edited March 2017
    I love the name Owen. That's top of our list too. I think it pairs fine with Ben.
  • Options
    I like them together!