October 2017 Moms
Options

Anyone with large families?

Any large families on here -- perhaps having their fifth or more child this go round? This will be our eighth. We currently have four girls and three boys, ages 13 down to one year. 

Re: Anyone with large families?

• Options
    Wow that's amazing! Are you a blended family or did you give birth to all your children? I grew up in a big family and so did my parents. I don't plan on having any more than 4 and most likely we're stopping  at 2 and 3.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They're all my husband and mine, biological. How many siblings do you have? My husband is one of six but I'm an only child, so it's been a big learning curve, lol. 

• Options
    That is close in ages! Ours are 13, 11, 9,7, 5, 2, and the baby just turned one. Have you told anyone yet? How did they react? I feel like our fifth was a big "jump". With four kids, you have a large small family but with five, you have a small large family, if that makes sense. 
  • Options
    Wow, people are thinking I'm nuts and I'm only on number 4 haha! I love big families, if we could do it I would, I grew up with foster siblings (my parents foster) and I loved the chaos of it all
                                          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers   Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersBabysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
                                                                     Formerly ChoicesMom
                                                                         "Squishy" 2007
                                                           "Lyric" EDD Nov/4/11 - c/p Feb/11
                                                                            "Fishy" 2012
                                                                            "Bean" 2014
                                                             "Lux" EDD Apr/21/17 - c/p Aug/16
                                                       "Kokonah" EDD May/24/17 - m/c Oct/16
                                1 surprise - 1 Noonie - 1 preemie - 3 gone but not forgotten - One more on the way!!
                                                          Grab bag of mental health disorders
                                                                              Pancolitis

• Options
    My husband is one of five, I am one of three.  No one knows yet, last time I didn't tell anyone at all until they asked.  When I was pregnant with my third my mother had a horrible reaction and so I just stopped telling people.   
  • Options
    GenTKGenTK member
    Both DH and I are only children, but between us both we already have 4. This will be number 5 and we will probably stop here. Ours is a blended family, he has 3 boys, I have one girl. DH and DD are both hoping for a girl this time. DD says it's hard having 3 brothers and she wants a sister to even out the numbers some. DH has just always wanted a girl but kept getting boys. I tell him that's his fault because I don't supply the second X. 
  • Options
    My DH is one of four and I am one of five! DH has two girls from his previous marriage and we have one son together, so this baby will be our fourth and probably final bio baby. We have talked about fostering in the future when our kiddos are older.
  • Options
    My husband has 3 kids with his ex. His oldest lived with us until he went into the Marines last summer. After almost 7 years of trying a relationship with the other 2, we no longer see them. I have 1 son that my husband adopted and we have 2 boys together. So, this baby will be #4 to be in the house but #7 all together
  • Options
    This is our fifth.  All single births, our oldest is seven.  What can I say I have a HOT husband.  We have three girls and one boy.  Our youngest is two.
    This is our 4th child but 3rd viable pregnancy (twins and a loss in there).  Why I am really replying, though, is my DH is super hot - especially when I am ovulating and off birth control!! :D  
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies, ladies! I love seeing how different families and formed and brought together :) 

@sqfibemom I think three is sort of the last "acceptable" number. At four or five, people make comments. After five, people just assume you're insane and generally don't say anything anymore, lol. 

@GenTK Good luck :) Mine seem to be hoping for a boy in order to balance back out. I'm happy either way. 
  • Options
    This is my 4th pregnancy (1 late term loss), but my SO's 5th.   So we have 7 in total counting this LO. 
    BabyFetus Ticker