October 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change (3/14)

Good morning ladies!

1) How many weeks are you? 

2) How are you feeling?
3) Any appointments or tests this week?
4) Rants/Raves/Questions?
5) GTKY: What does your beauty regime consist of?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change (3/14)

• 1) How many weeks are you? 10 weeks!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Okay. Still gaggy, always exhausted, and my sense of smell is super heightened now.
    I have to get tested today for Zika since my husband went to Mexico a couple of weeks ago. I'm not worried, but it's annoying because they'll only do the testing at the hospital that's all the way across town and I will have to sit in rush hour traffic on the way home.
    Rave: the weather is finally warming up and it is awesome!
    I probably wear more makeup than the average person, but I like to think I make it look fairly natural. Moisturizer, primer, MAC Studio Fix foundation and setting powder, highlighter, blush, and mascara. I also straighten my hair every morning.
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 10 weeks today! We are in the double digits :)
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I'm pretty good overall, still very tired, but still no sickness (thank goodness)
    Nope, next appointment is March 30th, for a doppler scan.
    I just want to take a second to rave about my doctor. She has been great, but her nurse has been amazing. I had to call yesterday because I had some postcoital bleeding, she picked up the phone first thing in the morning and said it was nothing major but she just called and made sure that I was okay. Like, it's the little things.
    It kind of depends on the day. I typically curl my hair with a straightener. As far as make up, I use Urban Decay liquid foundation, a rose eye pallet, and revolution bronzer. I don't know how to do all of that contouring and things like that lol. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks are you?10 weeks! 
    How are you feeling?Feeling pretty good aside from the morning sickness.
    Any appointments or tests this week?No appointments till first week of April (have to check the appointment card again, because I forget everything! 
    Rants/Raves/Questions? Its almost spring break! I have to get through the rest of this week and next week and then a glorious week off! Also, we have moved away from the meat/poultry unit I was teaching and onto fruits/veggies/grain which are much more agreeable to me these days. 
    GTKY: What does your beauty regime consist of? I don't really wear makeup. on the weekend I might put some mascara on.  At school I have my hair tied back and a chef coat on with black yoga pants, so I feel like when I do put makeup on I always regret it by rubbing my face.  

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Happy Tuesday mama's!  :) 

11 weeks! 
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Mostly ok - the puking stopped over a week ago! Still the same ol sore boobs and crazy sense of smell. Lower back pain here and there. I have the lovely pubic bone pain already. Exhausted. 
    Next appointment is on the 31st. 
    I literally cannot sleep through the night. I only get 3-5 hours a night, but pee at a minimum of 3 times during that period. No REM sleep! I have a U-shaped pillow plus another between my legs. I stop drinking water between 7:00-8:00 and in bed after DD goes down around 8:30. I sent my midwife a message this morning asking what I can take to help me stay asleep for longer than an hour or 2 at a time. I know Unisom is ok but wanted her advice first. I just want sleep!!
     Ha, what beauty regime?! :wink: when I was working I did the whole thing - full face of makeup, straightened hair everyday. Now that I'm a SAHM I wash my hair a couple times a week (it isn't greasy and gross) and rarely wear makeup. 
  • 1) How many weeks are you? Seven weeks tomorrow!
    2) How are you feeling?
    So-so. The nausea and sore breasts are constant and I'm always unbelievably exhausted. My phlegm is starting to go away and my joints aren't as sore as they've been. Food aversions are starting to pop up though.
     I had my first MW appointment yesterday and she has revised our due date to November 1st instead of October 31st. I've got my first round of blood tests tomorrow and we should have our first ultrasound booked within the next 2-3 weeks!
    I'm starting to turn into an insomniac. Falling asleep is difficult and I keep waking well before my alarm and am usually awake for up to an hour before I fall back asleep.
    Shower, moisturize, make-up, blow dry my hair, and dash out the door!
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 8 weeks!
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Exhausted beyond belief and round ligament pain is no joke.  I didn't get rlp until the third trimester with my first, so this sucks!
    None.  Patiently waiting for March 27th!
    It is cold!!!  The weather here has been so inconsistent. I'm ready for the warm weather!!
    I let my hair air dry.  I get too hot blow drying it now!  I wear makeup, but try to keep it minimal.  Right now I'm trying to find something good to cover my dark circles!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 9 Weeks
    2) How are you feeling? 
    I have my up's and downs. I get RLP when I lay down and relax and then suddenly try to get up. Sometimes I really hate the thought of food, other times I just don't care for it. Very sleepy today.
    None until March 27th @dmellis02 Good luck at yours!
    No questions today :)
    Just depends. Normally I will do something simple with my hair, I'll put a BB cream and blush on my face, line my brows, and do a cat eye on the top lid with mascara. 

I didn't realize how much make up I put on until about 5 seconds ago lol
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 11  <3

2) How are you feeling? Exhaustion is getting better....boobs are sore off and on. I'm developing more nausea...what the hell.  It's never enough to feel like I'm about to throw up but I'm definitely feeling more queasy at random times during the day.  Still tossing and turning at night *le sigh*

Yes...finally get to meet my OB tomorrow afternoon!  I was told I'd likely have some blood work and a vaginal exam. The nurse wasn't sure if the OB would attempt to find the FHR but that's ok...I have my own doppler at home for that!

Stuck at work since I'm on call while my husband is enjoying his snow day at home.  In 16 hours though I will be on my way home...can't wait to get a proper shower and get into my own bed.

Looks like my brown spotting is finally tapering off....it was never a lot to begin with (never filled a pantyliner) but it was so annoying and uncomfortable.

And hellloooo acne....feel like I'm regressing to my teens  :o 

After I wash off my makeup I usually use a toner and moisturizer at night...I was using something with retinol but stopped after getting my BFP. In the morning I use a vitamin C serum and layer with my daily oil-free moisturizer after washing my face again.  I do apply some basic makeup in the morning that just takes 5 minutes: primer, skin tint from NARS, setting powder, eyeliner and mascara.  For fancy outings I have a completely different regimen that takes an hour (or longer!)

I try to use a mask once a week and use an exfoliator every few days but I'm bad at remembering.  
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• @VLillyV  You too!  It seems so far away!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 
    11 wks!
    2) How are you feeling?
    More good days than bad lately, so that's a plus. Near constant tailbone pain, some food aversions especially meat protein, random nausea and vomiting, and some RLP.
    Also feeling hopeful and excited. DH and I just started talking about the little alien out loud last week - rather than just talking about my symptoms. It's a noticeable change that is so beautiful, I didn't realize what we were missing. 
    Just wrapped up my first check up. 163bpm and I'm down a few pounds. Thinking of supplementing my diet with protein shakes and V8. I took my mother and little sister with me to hear the hb, it was neat (:
    Raves - DH is so sweet. It's wonderful to me how you think you love someone as much as possible - yet your heart grows to love them even more. 
    Rants - nothing, I mean nothing, gets rid of tailbone pain. Whyyyyyyy
    questions - are you FTM already looking into pediatricians? My office gave me a list to consider and I'm feeling a little unprepared! I mean we just started addressing this kid last week... lol
    Wash, toner, moisturizer every morning and most evenings when I'm not lazy and just use a makeup wipe. Foundation, brow powder, blush, liner and mascara. I don't usually do eyeshadow or lips for work but I did find a gloss from tarte that I could use everyday if I didn't lose it lol. My hair is naturally straight so I don't do much with it unless it's oily and then I'll do French twists into a pony tail or half pony. My hair is usually oily because it's waist length and I hate showers with my entire being. I'm going to have the stinky kid in class unles they take after their father who showers every morning religiously. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vvilla3 My H is military so I don't really have a choice in who we get. I don't think you have to choose until close to delivery if you're feeling too overwhelmed right now. 

7 weeks! 
    2) How are you feeling?
    Okay. I may be starting to get "morning" sickness. Have to keep reminding myself that I have 6 symptoms even if they're minimal. 
    No, but next Monday! Excited and terrified for the first u/s  :#
    Boobs have grown to where I now have a double boob wearing my newest bras.
    It's...nonexistent. I just wash my face with Cetaphil and go. 

TTC + medicated cycles
    3/2015: Start TTC
    8/2015: PCOS Dx
    4/2016: BFP, Loss (4+5)
    2/2017: BFP

Honorable mentions: Biggest IF support sister, sweetest bumpie, most genuine, LFAFer you'd most like to visit, great things come in small packages, pocket sized babe
  • 1) 9 weeks
    2) feeling less sick, which is good but kind of worries me. Still get sick after brushing my teeth quite frequently lol. Definitely not interested in food and super exhausted.
    3) no appointments til march 24th. Which I just realized I'll be traveling then lol. 
    4) anybody else's symptoms lessened up at week 8? I just have to remind myself that we just saw a healthy baby and heartbeat last Thursday!! 
    5) ummm...How much time do you have?! lol I'm very into beauty and makeup. Always start off with a moisturizer, then day to day I'll wear a tinted moisturizer with concealer, do my brows, curl lashes & apply mascara, and sometimes add blush, bronzer & highlight. But on days where I'll be seeing people (going to church - I sing in front of 500 people every Sunday, going to mom's groups/etc) I also do eyeshadow (loving the Anastasia BH modern renaissance palette rn), a winged liner, and on Sundays i contour and usually do a bold lip. I just enjoy doing my makeup so I know it's more than a lot of people but I have a lot of fun with it. 
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 10
    2) How are you feeling? Great! 
    3) Any appointments or tests this week? None
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Time feels like it is creeping by. I can't wait until I can feel my little bean move. 
    5) GTKY: What does your beauty regime consist of? Brushing my hair - maybe Lol
  • 1) How many weeks are you?  7 weeks
    2) How are you feeling?  
    really tired - im a stm and i dont remember having this much insomia with my first
    yes - the big one!  On friday we check to see if theres a hb. So nervous!
    not right now
    i love doing my eyes!  All my other regimes are kinda spotty but almost on the daily, i enjoy putting on some mixture of eyeshadow with eyeliner - im a huge fan of blending different colors and stuff.  Then i top it off with some lip gloss.

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1) How many weeks are you?  10 weeks yesterday
    2) How are you feeling?  
    I have good and bad days...Sunday I could barely sit at the dinner table, Monday was about the same all day and then yesterday I felt great.  Regardless, I'm always tired and try my best to get to bed early, which seems to help.
    None until the 27th
    I can't wait until I consistently feel great and have my energy back, I feel like I'm not giving my DS the attention he deserves :(
    Wash, tone and moisturize every morning and night...during the week I start with primer and then foundation, setting powder, blush, eyebrow powder and mascara.  Weekends I typically give my face a break unless we have plans to get together with people.

@vvilla3 I didn't start the process of picking a ped for my DS until about 2 weeks before he was born.  Don't stress, you have PLENTY of time!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MamaStreeter Hi, my symptoms have actually just started fading. Some are still noticebly there, which doesnt worry me. I feel better, which is a nice plus. 
    2) How are you feeling?
    totally craptastic :) all day sickness hit with a vengeance. To the point where I lost 8 pounds in a week. Doc started me on diclegis yesterday and while I'm not feeling perfect, everything is waaaay better. Tired all the time and drowsiness is a side effect of the diclegis but I'll take it over the feeling like death. 

we went yesterday. 1st ultrasound, measured at 7+1 and a heart rate of 154. Very exciting. And yay for getting antinausea drugs. 

my phone did a bad update on Friday so I've been mobileless since then. It's in with the manufacturer right now to see if they can revive it. :( I really only mobile bump so I've been MIA and going through withdrawal.

My H is wonderful. He's currently at the grocery store getting me life cereal because that's what sounds tolerable at the moment. 

minimal. I naturally have pin straight hair and my job does not require makeup - I wear jeans everyday :). So the hair is usually in a ponytail and that's about it. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    9 weeks. 

2) How are you feeling?
    I've had nausea for the past few weeks. It's actually getting the best of me. Medicine helps. Anything to make it through the work day. 

None this week. First week of April is my next one. 
    Rants.... Morning. (Ha) All day sickness sucks! 
    Raves... I'm so happy to have joined you guys today! 
    Questions.. when did everyone's nausea start to go away? Or lessen? 

Shower at night because of the nausea. I'm lucky to have my teeth brushed before I walk out the door. No make up. Hair usually up in a pony tail. Things will get better soon I hope.