October 2017 Moms

TTGP Check-in 3/14

Good morning, ladies!

1. How far along are you?

2. How are you feeling physically + mentally?

3. Appts this week?

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?

5. GTKY: What would be your ideal music festival line-up?

Re: TTGP Check-in 3/14

• 1. How far along are you? 8w6d

2. How are you feeling physically + mentally? Physically just dealing with nausea still. It keeps coming and going. Mentally I'm just ready to start feeling pregnant. 

3. Appts this week? None.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? We moved DS to his toddler bed last night and it's starting to feel more real. Now we have to get rid of furniture and get someone to close up a doorway in the new nursery. 

5. GTKY: What would be your ideal music festival line-up? I have a very wide ranging taste in music. I would love to see Zac Brown Band, Dispatch, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood live!
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • @jessafishy I would love to go to your music festival! Also I second the wanting to feel pregnant. I don't even have ms (knock on wood) so I feel like a regular person. Who sometimes (haha ok, often) bursts into tears for no reason. 

1. How far along are you? 9+4

2. How are you feeling physically + mentally? Physically great, just some mild RLP and cramping. Mentally calm and happy. 

3. Appts this week? I saw my OB yesterday. My practice has OBs and midwives, and you have to see an ob for the first two appts until you can see your midwife. I like the OB, but she talks really fast. I'm looking forward to seeing my midwife. I did get to see baby, unexpectedly! They have a transvaginal ultrasound machine in the office. Great surprise.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm heading to Portland tomorrow for a conference as a graduate student! I've been helping out a few professors in my masters program with research and I get to help present the research at the conference. I'm excited for that, but not for the flights. 3 hour time difference plus a plane change.

5. GTKY: What would be your ideal music festival line-up? +1 to the eclectic taste. Right now I would love to see: Ed Sheeran, Kenny Chesney, Jake Owen, Chainsmokers and Florida Georgia Line.

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along are you? 9 wks 

2. How are you feeling physically + mentally? Physically... I'm mostly ok through the day, but at night I just nose dive downward. Yesterday was a little better then normal. Mentally, I am doing ok. I feel guilty because I haven't really "bonded" with my baby. What I mean by that is I haven't really talked to it much. It's my first time doing this so I am working out the kinks ;)

3. Appts this week? None

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: Skin stop stretching! My old stretch marks on my hips have crawled upward and it's looking awful. No one in my family that I know of has stretch marks... I must be the unlucky one.

5. GTKY: What would be your ideal music festival line-up? Oh gosh... I have a pretty large music spectrum... I couldn't even put them all together but I guess something similar to Coachella... some Rap, some EDM, some Pop and maybe a Country song or two. 

@jessafishy congrats on the bed switch, I hope that's going well so far. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @bluejeanbabi05 Let's just combine our Music Festivals.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • edited March 2017
    @jessafishy let's do it. I love music festivals. We have one down here that we go to every year, it's a three day country music festival right on the beach in April. They always throw some unexpected non-country acts in there too, to keep it interesting. This year it's Kenny Chesney, Luke Bryan, Darius Rucker, a bunch of other amazing country artists....and Nelly! Can't wait to be pregnant and rocking out lol. Probably won't be wearing a bikini this year though, I'll just have bloat, not a real belly yet.

@VLillyV I second the not feeling guilty about not bonding with baby yet. It still feels so surreal. Give yourself a break :)

• @jessafishy @bluejeanbabi05 Thanks ladies. That's reassuring. For now, I will continue playing body host ;)
  • Awwww @canonmom413 that's super cute

@VLillyV I haven't felt super connected either. Even the ultrasound was a little surreal, but also super exciting. I've been so sick too that I even said to H that so far this child isn't very endearing (jokingly but still). 

1. How far along are you?
    7+1

2. How are you feeling physically + mentally?
    It's been a rough week. Started getting really nauseated to the point where while I wasn't really vomiting, I was heaving all the time and unable to eat or drink much. Also super tired. Doc started me on diclegis yesterday because I had lost 8 pounds in a week and was dehydrated and I'm still getting up to the appropriate dose but it's a huge difference. Still not 100% but feel like I can survive another 5 weeks of this. 

3. Appts this week?
    Went yesterday. First ultrasound. Measure 7+1 with a heart beat of 154. Everything looked great and it was very exciting. I go back again next Tuesday to make sure I'm back on track and feeling better. 

4. Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Diclegis is awesome. I felt a little like a cop out and a wimp but I don't know how I would have made it...  H has been wonderful through all of this and goes and gets me anything I need without hesitation. 

5. GTKY: What would be your ideal music festival line-up?
    Garth Brooks, Eric Church, george strait, Miranda Lambert, might get frisky and throw some fun 90s throwbacks like backstreet boys or NSYNC, and then like journey with some Elton/Billy Joel because why not.  @bluejeanbabi05 and @jessafishy I would totally go to yours as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @cactusblossum YES you can totally join our festival. 90s boy bands FTW!

• @jessafishy have you ever seen Dispatch live? I've seen them three times, they're amazing!
  • SandyL712SandyL712 member
    edited March 2017
    1. How far along are you? 9w5d

2. How are you feeling physically + mentally? I'm feeling okay, still kind of bloated and having the occasional nausea and heart burn. Also my boobs are still very tender and already feel so heavy! Mostly I'm just tired and ready to feel really pregnant if that makes sense.

3. Appts this week? I was supposed to have my first appointment for "prenatal instruction" but it got rescheduled because of the snow.

4. Rants/Raves/Questions? Is anyone else dying to know the gender!?

GTKY: What would be your ideal music festival line-up? That's a hard one! Maybe Dispatch, Sublime, Need to Breathe, Counting Crows, and Incubus ( but only their old stuff)

• @SandyL712 we'd like to know, pretty dang badly! The suspense!!!
  • @SandyL712 I have not! We had an opportunity to go a few years back but were too short on cash to make it work.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore